Broncos cleared

mick! said:
Hammo said:
P.S. Did anyone else hear on the News, apparently the alleged victim is distraught that the Broncos involved didn't mention her in their appearance last night. Hmmm.....

[icon_lol1. Couldn't help but laugh when people were getting outraged about this.

It's like getting found not guilty of shooting someone, and then apologising for shooting them.

They did nothing wrong to her, therefore they have nothing to apologise to her for. Pretty clear.

Just thought I'd better clarify your opinion there mick, before the neanderthals claim you agree that what the boys did in the loo was acceptable practice by an NRL footballer for a high profile club with a reputation and brand that requires utmost protection and respect :P

Hatchy said:
YEEEHAAA the greatest day of my damned life

Serious? Damn. Now I just feel sorry for you dude.

Coxy said:
mick! said:
Hammo said:
P.S. Did anyone else hear on the News, apparently the alleged victim is distraught that the Broncos involved didn't mention her in their appearance last night. Hmmm.....

[icon_lol1. Couldn't help but laugh when people were getting outraged about this.

It's like getting found not guilty of shooting someone, and then apologising for shooting them.

They did nothing wrong to her, therefore they have nothing to apologise to her for. Pretty clear.

Just thought I'd better clarify your opinion there mick, before the neanderthals claim you agree that what the boys did in the loo was acceptable practice by an NRL footballer for a high profile club with a reputation and brand that requires utmost protection and respect :P

Ah sorry, not to her though. They did nothing illegal.

Everything else is a matter of perspective. But this is about whether there was a case to pursue under the law.

Hammo and CF - your points of view would be valid if we lived in a society where there was no such thing as responsibililty. Regardless, what the boys did in this case was a breach of their contract FFS!! That is just not on regardless of any moral or ethic issues. **** why did anyone mention ethics!!!!!!!! :evil:

FOOTBALLERS with a HIGH PROFILE in a ONE-TEAM-CITY have a RESPONSIBILITY. That comes part and parcel with being a HIGH PROFILE RUGBY LEAGUE PLAYER. Argue all you like about joe the plumber being able to do this without raising an eye-brow, but joe the plumber is IRRELEVANT. That is just REALITY!!!!!

I think I'll just scream like Coxy. Repeating myself is just getting painful!!

COMPOUND FRACTURE said:
So,much ado about nothing. As far as this fan is concerned they have done absolutely nothing wrong....if anyone did anything wrong or brought disrepute upon the club it was Miss Hornblower. It was her malicious statement and false accusation that caused the problem...if she'd kept her mouth shut ( on both occasions ) the whole sorry mess would never have seen the light of day.

Who says her accusations were false?? Hunt, Thaiday and Boyd have never once denied what took place. And their apologies would indicate that this definetaly did happen.

Just because charges werent pressed, that doesnt mean that it never happened or that the allegations are false. It means there wasnt enough evidence to gain a conviction.

The fact remains that 3 blokes were in a toilet block with that girl. Whether she wanted it not is pretty much irrelevant. Its that 3 high profile blokes who know how heavy public scrutiny is would be stupid enough to put themselves in that position.

Players have been sacked from the Broncos for alot less than what these idiots did. Ask yourself the question, if those 3 players were no names, would they still be able to run out for the broncos next season?? **** no.

mick! said:
They did nothing wrong, therefore they have nothing to apologise to her for. Pretty clear.

Lets say i shot someone, but the police never got enough evidence to proscute me.

That means i never did anything wrong or illegal does it?

badav said:
mick! said:
They did nothing wrong, therefore they have nothing to apologise to her for. Pretty clear.

Lets say i shot someone, but the police never got enough evidence to proscute me.

In the eyes of the law, no you didn't.

COMPOUND FRACTURE said:
The Broncos have huffed and puffed about the 'image' but it has not suffered one whit rather it continues, unhindered as a place of power, a place of viriity and success.

Not entirely true. The club has already lost one sponsorship and at least 2 others are wavering - all have mentioned this incident as a major if not the only consideration in their deliberations / decision.

I also agree with a number of your sentiments - yes it sucks that professional sportspeople are held up to a high level of scrutinty or behavioural expectations than the rest of us, but the fact of the matter is that they are. And they know it.

COMPOUND FRACTURE said:
When a little boy is first thrown a football is he advised that should he be useful at the game, he will be dutybound to behave differently from 99.999% of society...the penalty paid for having some ability ??

Maybe not as directly as that, but every person who chooses to follow a career as a professional player in a high profile sport in this country knows they are going to be held to a higher standard. Unfair? - YES; but that is reality.

But I know you are not going to be convinced of anything other than what you think, so I'll stop now.

Like others I am glad the investigations have now concluded and relevant punishments have been handed out and hope everyone can move on.

Nashy said:
badav said:
mick! said:

In the eyes of the law, no you didn't.

Thats completely wrong. criminal law, makes no reference towards whether someone gets caught in determining whether something goes against law.

TBH I wouldn't care less if Hunt went. He is not a talent so great to be deemed irreplaceable. I think the guy is an asshole, he clearly has shown he doesn't have the maturity to be a leader (certainly not anytime soon). Free up the room for young guys who might not take the privilege of playing football for a living for granted by pissing it away. I would have had no sympathy for him or Thaiday if they had been sacked.

Coxy said:
mick! said:
Hammo said:

Your ability to accept other people's opinions is one of your most endearing qualities Coxy.

Jebadude said:
Hammo and CF - your points of view would be valid if we lived in a society where there was no such thing as responsibililty. Regardless, what the boys did in this case was a breach of their contract FFS!! That is just not on regardless of any moral or ethic issues. **** why did anyone mention ethics!!!!!!!! :evil:

FOOTBALLERS with a HIGH PROFILE in a ONE-TEAM-CITY have a RESPONSIBILITY. That comes part and parcel with being a HIGH PROFILE RUGBY LEAGUE PLAYER. Argue all you like about joe the plumber being able to do this without raising an eye-brow, but joe the plumber is IRRELEVANT. That is just REALITY!!!!!

Why did you repeat youself then? Opinion's Jeba. I have seen you post about other's many times. The shock horror is; not everyone feels like you on this subject, hell, there could even be evidence that you are in the minority for thinking they way you do in regard to Albrhama-gate. It sure hasn't got much coverage of late has it?

Hammo said:
Jebadude said:

Why did you repeat youself then? Opinion's Jeba. I have seen you post about other's many times. The shock horror is; not everyone feels like you on this subject, hell, there could even be evidence that you are in the minority for thinking they way you do in regard to Albrhama-gate. It sure hasn't got much coverage of late has it?

Opinions - they're like arseholes.

In some ways, I agree with your opinions. I think it's a tad unfair the social expectations of professional athletes these days. However, I am also smart enough to realise the reality of the situation is that they have these expectations on their shoulders and they need to live with it. You can say how unfair/crap/ordinary it is all you like, but it is simply reality!!! And there is no point in arguing that any normal bloke would get away with it!!!

This whole ethic argument has been going on for ages and ages, even since back in the day when Mason was being a tool in public or something I recall.
Anyway, without getting too involved, first and fore most I am glad there were no charges and what not. Morals and opinions all that aside, I think it's hard to argue against what they did was STUPID. Stupidity over moral issues, fair? I think that is fair.
What they did was stupid, end of story.
I believe they have paid the price for it.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
TBH I wouldn't care less if Hunt went. He is not a talent so great to be deemed irreplaceable. I think the guy is an asshole, he clearly has shown he doesn't have the maturity to be a leader (certainly not anytime soon). Free up the room for young guys who might not take the privilege of playing football for a living for granted by pissing it away. I would have had no sympathy for him or Thaiday if they had been sacked.

Now i see why you say slater is way better than hunt [icon_razz1

badav said:
mick! said:

Legally, that's right.

Look, I'm not saying they're angels or that they didn't do anything wrong. But it'd be like when Chopper was interviewed by Andrew Denton - Denton asked him what killing a certain bloke was like, but Read was acquitted of murder. He quite rightly said "I told a Supreme Court jury I didn't do it. Anything to the contrary now, and it would be perjury. I'd get 15 years."

They cannot apologise for something they have just stated to police and the media didn't happen. If they did, they could very well be charged with a number of dishonesty offences for lying to police. It's simple.

Just back home and debate is animated !!....thankyou hammo for the ringing endorsement....

The 3 Bronco players did not dispute the fact that a group sexual encounter occurred rather they argued that consent was given from the young lady. This part I care about not one bit. If a crime was alleged then found to be unable to be substantiated then in this democracy they are considered free of guilt. This is as it should be.

My real beef is WHY we expect such high standards.....they play sport.......all the other crap they are loaded up with is the publics issue. Some like Coxy have an absolute and unequivocal view with no member of Australias population on a greater or higher plane. ( by extension we can deduce that the successful sporstman is the apotheosis in Coxys view )

Most of the rest of us have much less crazy notions of nobility. Dare I say, a somewhat saner view.

There are some who approach Coxys expectation level but they are in reality small in number but highly vocal. For them it's probably best to wait to see which way the wind is blowing and formulate an opinion that best suits.

Despite your venomous ranting Coxy I disagree that people can do and behave as they like....

rather it's the choice of person I expect to act with that impeccable decorum...for you, a footballer is the highest of lifes achievers...and you are variance with me on that score.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Old Mate
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bish
  • westy316
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Lozza
  • broncos4life
  • rj9
  • sooticus
  • broncsfan88
  • Shane Tronc
  • Big Del
  • Spike
  • theshed
  • eggstar10
  • Jazza
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.