Broncos Confirm 2018 Trials

Would this suggest Slammin' is odds on to be starting prop for the season proper? This also mean that Pearson has inside running for t he vacant wing position?

Whats the go with the different coaches every week?

The way he and Lodge played on the weekend, we’ll have the best ballhandling front row in the comp. it’ll definitely help out our halves, but not in that James Graham/Bulldogs way.
Don't forget Sims

Unnamed

Would this suggest Slammin' is odds on to be starting prop for the season proper? This also mean that Pearson has inside running for t he vacant wing position?
Also suggests that Oates may struggle to find a bench spot come Rd 1.

Bennett did say a while ago he was going have Thaiday starting front row. Would be interesting if Boyd was available to see who got the spot

This will be a tough gig. It's hard going up there and someone nearly always comes back sick. A few ISC clubs don't take the malaria tablets anymore because it makes you feel average when you get back.

They're so physical and if you play the next week which you don't need to in this case you're flat. It's a tough trip for a trial game. JD has his experience from the Pride in 2014 so that'll help.

Broncos have special pillows and all sorts of things going this week.

Also suggests that Oates may struggle to find a bench spot come Rd 1.
I still don't think we can confirm what our utility situation will be from that line up. There was suggestion that Murphy or Turpin may get it to cover halves/hooker (although Murphy would appear to be in front given these trials).

Alternatively Bennett said last year he likes an outside back on the bench to cover concussions, but also carried Benji several times for halves back up.

So to me it is still up in the air. Could be good for Oates to start the year in ISC simply to get miles in his legs as a second rower and carry Murphy for the first few rounds until they're certain macca has fully recovered.

Bennett will probably just rotate as required given the depth he has.

it will be interesting to see the team named for round 1 ... based on that lineup it appears that:

Isaako, Pearson and Opacic are fighting it out the 2 vacant backline positions for round 1

That is our starting pack for round 1. (obviously with Macca coming back in)

Murphy looks to be leading the race for the bench utility position (+ back up hooker)

It is weird that Oates is not in the 17 ... I wonder if Bennett wants him to get a couple of games under his belt at backrow in the ISC before playing NRL in the position.

This will be a tough gig. It's hard going up there and someone nearly always comes back sick. A few ISC clubs don't take the malaria tablets anymore because it makes you feel average when you get back.

They're so physical and if you play the next week which you don't need to in this case you're flat. It's a tough trip for a trial game. JD has his experience from the Pride in 2014 so that'll help.

Broncos have special pillows and all sorts of things going this week.
I'm surprised they lined up such a physical team for the last trial. Also some pretty significant travel involved. I'm guessing it is because the broncos supported the PNG RL bid a few years back. Didn't they have them as a jersey sponsor or something as well??

just watching the replay now ... and i have to say that having the ground announcer constantly commentating is fucking annoying

Tallis on the news taking a pot shot at the Broncos. Well colour me surprised.

I'm surprised they lined up such a physical team for the last trial. Also some pretty significant travel involved. I'm guessing it is because the broncos supported the PNG RL bid a few years back. Didn't they have them as a jersey sponsor or something as well??

Shorts a few years ago. Terry Reader was pivotal in that arrangement. He's now the CEO of Norths.

it will be interesting to see the team named for round 1 ... based on that lineup it appears that:

Isaako, Pearson and Opacic are fighting it out the 2 vacant backline positions for round 1

That is our starting pack for round 1. (obviously with Macca coming back in)

Murphy looks to be leading the race for the bench utility position (+ back up hooker)

It is weird that Oates is not in the 17 ... I wonder if Bennett wants him to get a couple of games under his belt at backrow in the ISC before playing NRL in the position.

I think your pretty much on the ball there Foordy, Issako and Opacic impressed me and Pearson had a better game then his last efforts in the NRL. All 3 will be looking to make an impression against the PNG Hunters to get that chance.

The starting forward pack is pretty much spot on, Thaiday's days in the back row are pretty much over IMO, earlier on he was pretty ineffective there but in the last few years I think its become more of a home for him.

Murphy impressed me against the Titans, good service from dummy half and I liked his darting runs from dummy half, another chance to impress against the PNG could put forward a case for him as a possible utility bench player.

As for Oates, he could spend sometime in the ISC early in the season to help in the transition, he was good in attack during the Titans trial but defensively he showed positional problems, something that can be addressed with time and training.

Active Now

• Spike
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • heartly87
  • LittleDavey
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • thenry
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • porouian
  • pennywisealfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • Midean
... and 44 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.