Broncos Confirm 2018 Trials

I guess it's hard to really judge until we get the replay (if we ever do). The most important performances are Lodge and Nikorima for me, one has to shown that he can be the answer we need in the front row, and the other has to show that he is really working on his organisational side of the game.

I guess it's hard to really judge until we get the replay (if we ever do). The most important performances are Lodge and Nikorima for me, one has to shown that he can be the answer we need in the front row, and the other has to show that he is really working on his organisational side of the game.

I think it’s a bit harsh to expect a young and very inexperienced forward to be the answer to our front row issues.

Surely that pressure should be innocent thaiday and sims shoulders.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but a full replay of the Broncos v Capras trial is available on the Livestream app. Sadly there's no sign of the Titans trial yet.

Impressed with Sua and Isaako... Kodi looked good too. Titans were fucken awful!
As much as these trials don't mean shit, they were really bad...
I was happy with Lodges stint too, he really is a ball playing forward but has the size and aggressive style to be a real handful when he hits the line, and will drag a few defenders.

Impressed with Sua and Isaako... Kodi looked good too. Titans were fucken awful!
As much as these trials don't mean shit, they were really bad...
I was happy with Lodges stint too, he really is a ball playing forward but has the size and aggressive style to be a real handful when he hits the line, and will drag a few defenders.
Sua really impressed me. Oates will have to fix up his defence if he wants to keep Sua out of contention, he has some real class about him Sua, and it looks like he has put on a decent amount of size lately too.
You can definetly see why Bennett automatically declared lodge a starter.
People laughed on here when yow yeh said on the broncos website that nikorima was stepping up his organising at training..... ummm maybe he was :-/ and his kicking! It's the first time in nearly 15 years I have seen a broncos number 7 find open space with long kicks more then once in a game. Seriously....
I thought sims played better then the commentary led on as well

My man of the match was Big Offa he absolutely tore it up.

Has anyone watched the full game yet?

I'm interested to know how Su'A went, he's a name that we haven't seen spoken about for a long time. For someone who was touted as our next superstar not too long ago, he isn't really making headlines.

Has anyone watched the full game yet?

I'm interested to know how Su'A went, he's a name that we haven't seen spoken about for a long time. For someone who was touted as our next superstar not too long ago, he isn't really making headlines.
I've only seen the first half - will be watching the rest tonight - but Su'a has really impressed me so far. Made plenty of yards, a linebreak or two, some slick passing and offloads. He also really surprised me with how big he looks, and he doesn't seem to he have lost any of his footwork from bulking up.

He'll probably struggle to get a look-in this year behind Gillett, Glenn, Thaiday etc, but I've got no doubts he'd be able to handle more NRL time if/when it becomes available.

BRONCOS TEAM TO PLAY PNG HUNTERS

Saturday, 3.30pm (PNG time)

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Jonus Pearson
3. James Roberts
4. Tom Opacic
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Sam Scarlett
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Matt Lodge
9. Todd Murphy
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Alex Glenn (c)
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

Interchange:

14. Anthony Milford
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Korbin Sims
17. Tevita Pangai
18. Jake Turpin
19. Corey Oates
20. Jaydn Su’A

Coach: Jason Demetriou

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.