Broncos Confirm 2018 Trials

Round 1, it's possible Murphy will be starting, so Oates won't miss out because of him. When Macca is back I suspect it won't be long before he plays 80, so we'll be going with 4 forwards on the bench. I don't care what a "news" article said about our #14.

We've already got a couple of players in the squad that can cover hooker in an emergency.

We've already got a couple of players in the squad that can cover hooker in an emergency.

Hence Murphy is only there if Macca is out, Oates won’t miss out because of him.

Yeah this has me leaning towards Oates as the utility. We'll also have Bird who could move into halves if one went down.

I guess that was the good thing about Niko as the utility. He covered every spine position and he had a role in the regular game plan as well

I suspect we might play a four forward bench...full rotation something like

Lodge
Macca
Thaiday
Gillett
Glenn
Moose

Sims
Oates
TPJ
Joe O

Might see Taga instead of Sims and Haas at some stage

DWrDoSFVMAEg9Be.jpg:large

You don’t see Macca playing 60mins for a couple of weeks?

Short term, maybe. Which will also give Oates some Q-Cup game time to gear up. But medium-term, Oates won't be held out of the squad for the sake of having a utility. If he's good enough he'll be in the 17.

You don’t see Macca playing 60mins for a couple of weeks?

It's likely he will.

Bennett did the same with Locky when he came back from an ACL. He played him off the bench in the first half of the 2008 season. He would usually bring him on around the 20 minute mark.

I could also see Bennett doing the same for Macca, but just putting someone like Thaiday in at hooker for the first 20.

Bruh I ain't about to watch a 10 hour vod.

Can’t find Hunters game but other game v Wynnum will be streamed on iPad app Livestream at 6.50pm.

Unread

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • pennywisealfie
  • heartly87
  • The True King
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.