Broncos Confirm 2018 Trials

Saw a few little clips on the news just now, footage of Kodi running in open field after a break and also of Pangai jr hitting the ball up Striaght and hard. The only other footage I’ve seen is a beautiful offload from su’a which I think led to a try.

Yeah, but I think it will be good for him to realise that he has a lot of work before he can expect to be promoted.

Exactly. The shows he isnt ready yet as most people would know anyway. The calls for him to be playing in round one are a bit silly really. too many people believing the hype instead of actually watching him.

Funaki has less brains than a piece of driftwood. The most stupid errors.

This is why he won’t be in the side unless there are injuries.

The other regulars may be making mistakes as well, but they are proven players. Funaki isn’t.

This was his chance to show why he should be in the side and those errors are going to cost him.

Patrick Templeman looks a brilliant young fullback. Who’s he affiliated with?

hey soup, he isnt with anyone. played juniors with the bulldogs a few years back. i think he is about 24/25 now. good skills and a good cup player.

Can someone grab the milf article from the cm
Anthony Milford makes his NRL return as Brisbane defeat PNG Hunters 26-12 in Port Moresby
c6b258114b890059b69d74f28eee6560

BRISBANE’s $1 million man Anthony Milford made a triumphant return as the Broncos overcame a scare to edge out the PNG Hunters 26-12 in Port Moresby.
Playing his first game following off-season surgery, Milford’s rebuilt shoulder withstood a barrage from the physical Hunters outfit before 15,000 rabid PNG fans at the National Football Stadium.
Wearing jumper No.14, Milford was protected early but he lifted the Broncos upon his injection, having a hand in two of Brisbane’s five tries during a slick 35-minute cameo.
Fielding a near full-strength side, the Broncos were expected to comfortably dispose of the Hunters, but the Intrust Super Cup premiers gave the NRL glamour club an almighty scare.
ANALYSIS: Five things we learned from Storm-Cowboys
WET: Rain can’t stop Thurston

Buoyed by a partisan crowd, the Hunters stunned the Broncos to claim a 12-6 half-time lead, but the visitors lifted after the break with a four-try blitz.
Broncos caretaker coach Jason Demetriou said Milford was the difference, while hulking prop Matt Lodge, fullback Jamayne Isaako and back-rower Jaydn Su’A also impressed.
“Anthony will get a lot of confidence out of that,” Demetriou said. “He came on in the 20th minute and he was a class above, he organised us well and got us going in attack.
“His shoulder stood up well, it was the physical hitout ‘Milf’ needed.
“I wasn’t too worried at half-time. We dropped too much ball in the first half but we got our act together and I was really pleased with our attitude in the second half.”
5c618c054de3de9aeef9950021d6966c

Milford withstood heavy treatment from the physical Hunters.
The Broncos came flying out the blocks, winger Jonus Pearson taking a pass from Isaako and crossing in the corner for a 6-0 lead inside six minutes.
The Broncos bombed a try in the 12th minute, with five-eighth Sam Scarlett dummying his way through and inexplicably losing the ball as he attempted to touch down.
The error was a confidence-boosting moment for the Hunters, who sent the home crowd into a frenzy in the 25th minute when back-rower Enock Maki crashed over from dummy half.
The hosts then surprised the Broncos by taking the lead two minutes before the break. Attacking the Brisbane line, a PNG grubber kick ricocheted off two Broncos players and fell for halfback Watson Boas for a 12-6 half-time lead.
8d88287b909ae1388a35b6144f86ff4b

It was a sold out crowd in Port Moresby.
Facing the prospect of a boilover, the Broncos shifted gears in the second half, rocking the Hunters with three tries in the space of 11 minutes.
In the 48th minute, back-rower Alex Glenn crossed to whittle the deficit to two points before prop Korbin Sims touched down six minutes later to give the Broncos a 16-12 lead.
And when winger Jordan Kahu finished off an attacking raid in the 59th minute, the Broncos had some breathing space at 20-12. Back-row hopeful Corey Oates put PNG to bed with a four-pointer in the dying minutes.
BRISBANE 26 (J Pearson, A Glenn, K Sims, J Kahu, C Oates tries; Kahu 3 goals) PNG HUNTERS 12 (E Maki, W Boas tries; C Simon 2 goals) at National Football Stadium, Port Moresby. Crowd: 15,000.

hey soup, he isnt with anyone. played juniors with the bulldogs a few years back. i think he is about 24/25 now. good skills and a good cup player.

Main problem with playing Templeman at the back is that Ogden is wasted on the wing. I only caught the end of the game so missed how PT really went at fullback. I really should watch the replay as im also keen to see how Booth went for the rest of the game.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • lynx000
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • pennywisealfie
  • Scorchie
  • barker
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrMoore
  • Fitzy
  • broncoscope
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncsgoat
  • scobie
  • theshed
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.