NEWS Broncos flyer Corey Oates says he wants to stay in Brisbane

We can rules out Parramatta for Oates, they have locked up their backs as of this week. Positive step for us! Wouldn't leave many clubs except for the average ones with dollars left for Oates. I hope he has no interest in Cronulla.

He wont leave the Broncos to play in the backs at any club.

Of course, you're all correct. I suppose one can yell visually although whenever I see upper case I don't hear anything. Sorry if it hurt you gentle souls.

Haha, not at all.

I certainly don't want Oates to leave but with Bird and Staggs in the side next year Kahu could move to the wing and we would still have a classy backline. I much prefer Kahu on the wing anyway.

I thought it was all about the wrestle and slowing down the ruck . You know , modern football ...

It’s all part of it, the games becoming quicker so teams need to find ways to slow it down. You’d be stupid not to.

Corey surprisingly very candid on league life tonight

Opened up on how the contract negotiations have affected him.

He didn’t think it would drag on for as long as it did. Has fielded offers from other clubs without any real formal offers as yet.

Backing Wayne and how it affected the players. He believed it took a tool on the playing group

Very refreshing interview

Corey surprisingly very candid on league life tonight

Opened up on how the contract negotiations have affected him.

He didn’t think it would drag on for as long as it did. Has fielded offers from other clubs without any real formal offers as yet.

Backing Wayne and how it affected the players. He believed it took a tool on the playing group

Very refreshing interview
He also said how this whole 'i'm a secondrower or i'm outta here' talk was total rubbish

So it's reportedly "taken a toll on the team".

Doesn't show up in the Dragons game.

Fucking idiot. Stop delaying your contract. Should have completed it all months ago.

Lame excuses from Oates. The inconsistent team performances were happening before all the Wayne stuff manifested. Team just wasn't good enough this year. Full stop.

I’m torn on the troll job.

On one hand **** the media with their obvious agendas and lies.

On the other why waste the time and effort

The players obviously love Wayne because when they play shit and I mean 48-18 kinda shit they know bennett will be there to comfort them. He won't blow his neck veins like a Bellamy would and the thought of not having that familiar warmth scares the shit out of some players.

The players obviously love Wayne because when they play shit and I mean 48-18 kinda shit they know bennett will be there to comfort them. He won't blow his neck veins like a Bellamy would and the thought of not having that familiar warmth scares the shit out of some players.

Interesting if WB was depending on this finals series to stay and players knew it hardly says much about the players or their feelings for WB. But can’t rely on playing for the coach every week maybe players only had a few games worth in them and spent it already. Besides they seemed more concerned with helping Hunt get back on his feet.

Hate this contract stuff with players as well as coaches. Should be trade/hire window for coaches and then a couple weeks later for players. No one should be playing against a club they are going to next year (I.e K Sims). Bad look for the game when his form magically disappears against his future club and his brother runs riot. Not saying evidence of intentional but how does that affect the mental side of prep? Same for coaches. If clubs want to sack someone outside this window they get stuck with assistants only until next window with same for players(maybe with special exceptions such as season ending injury and illness).

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Lozza
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.