Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Aa696934a9bb6686311eb3c0f8d42e08

Broncos flyer Corey Oates says he wants to stay in Brisbane

RIKKI-LEE ARNOLD, The Daily Telegraph
17/08/2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe hes finally caught on to the fact he's probably better at wing than he'll ever be in the 2nd row.

Give him whatever he wants.

Last edited:
I hope Bird doesn't prevent us from keeping him if it's only about the money.

I hope Bird doesn't prevent us from keeping him if it's only about the money.

I know the lurker is full of shit , but he mentioned Bird whispers again that he is desperate to move back to Sydney ( Back to the sharks )

Certainly hope Oates stays, and also hope Birdy stays too, and we see why he was bought

He is a winner, a competitor and a genuine footballer and any team is better with him in it (assuming the obvious, ie he has the right place in the team and his dollars don't cost you someone you need more)

Bird is an absolute gun when he is fully fit. If we can get him to that stage I can't understand why people judge him so badly when he has obviously been hampered by injury.

I think people are more frustrated then anything.

I think people are more frustrated then anything.

I get that, but its not like he had any pre season of time free of injury. Seems for some to judge a bloke so badly when he hasnt really had a fair shot injury free yet.

I can understand if Bird wanted to go back to Sydney but why on earth would he want to go back to the club that seems largely responsible for his body ending up as messed up as it is?

I mean, the league media make absolutely everything up but if you want people to think it is at least possible, make it believable.

Wtf are we a rehab centre? Send your player up to get fixed up and get them back fully fit at 50% discount. That is a fucking shit business model.

This is literally the 4th article where he’s said he wants to stay.

I’m probably very ignorant, and never watch Sharks games if I can help it, but Bird never really stood out to me as anything special. Good player, sure, but great player? Eh ‍

Last edited:
I’m probably very ignorant, and never watch Sharks games if I can help it, but Bird never really stood out to me as anything special. Good player, sure, but great player? Eh ‍

He's definitely looked quality in the centres, but I wouldn't say he ever showed as much promise as someone like Mitchell or whatever.

I'd take Oates over him 100% of the time - home grown talent, just as talented and considerably cheaper too.

Last edited:
Bird looked good as a RIGHT centre, the Broncs always have a very good one there. I'm hoping Bird might get a shot at 9, hoever unlikely it may seem.

At the same time, he is hardly going to say he wants to leave either. Long way to go with this Oates deal.

Saying your keen stay put isn't generally how you drive your price up with your current club either.

Fingers crossed he is being genuine though.

He had a really good year in 2016. But then wasn't as good in 2017. Half the time he looks sulky and uninterested to me.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • RodF
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.