NEWS Broncos founder decries state of the club and endorse second Brisbane NRL side

The Storm are already a second Brisbane club: they are stacked with QLD juniors, their captain and GOAT comes from Brisbane, they don't produce any Victorian juniors whatsoever, they are followed by plastic grubs predominately in Brisbane who have probably never physically been to Melbourne, their coach was developed by the Broncos and Bennett, etc.

The only reason Sydney fans want another Brisbane club is to weaken us.

Certainly the Bronco's "heyday" is long behind them but the club still does reasonably well. I think the real concern is the dwindling RL support in Brisbane which is why a second club in the River City would have it treading water for the most part. Brisbane was a Rugby League town up until the mid to late 90's. It certainly isn't that anymore.
Has the Broncos and the NRL lost a generation of supporters due to very few day games? I know the younger ones are distracted by other sports and their tech, but young children aren’t going to be allowed to stay up late at night and watch sport!

He never got over how shit his grandson was at football, did he? Next thing you know he'll be investing in the Reds

One of the most narrow minded dribble pieces I've ever read. Very glad he now has nothing to do with the club with that logic. Shocking how out of touch this is...! Haha he's probably too busy watching union nowadays to understand league and the way the business around it now operates.

Moga wouldn't even be close to the emerging squad without having his career rejuvenated by Brisbane. And let's not forget the juniors being poached on above market price to play at other clubs we developed. Haha such dribble.

Moga wouldn't even be close to the emerging squad without having his career rejuvenated by Brisbane. And let's not forget the juniors being poached on above market price to play at other clubs we developed. Haha such dribble.

can you name me a few of the juniors being poached on above market rates to play elsewhere we developed?

Must admit I enjoyed the spine tingling feeling watching the old Broncs slowly run out onto Lang Park on a Sunday arvo to ‘Show me no Mercy’ knowing full well they could do just that no matter who they were playing. He’s right in that respect doesn’t seem the same these days.

I don't understand this constant sticking up for other clubs development systems on this forum.

Fact: there are more Brisbane born/bred players in the nrl at other clubs then there ever has been before... they don't just magically appear there! Lol deadset...

There is also a MASSIVE amount of ex Brisbane broncos players (developed, associated, played there at one stage-I don't care how it's twisted or what you want to call it, we invested money into them via training and/or education at some period during their growth as an athlete) at other nrl clubs. I haven't counted individually but we would probably have more players at other clubs then any other club, if not the most then very close too.

So can people have some pride in their own club, we went through a few bad years and did the wrong thing in regards to development with Cullen at the helm. But the constant talk up of other clubs and constant talk down of ours is a bit over the top.

I don't understand how he has said anything that plenty others haven't said.

Broncos aren't producing talent like they used to- read that plenty of times. Broncos aren't the powerhouse with crowds and on the field they were- read that too.

Maybe a second team will rejuvenated Brisbane a little bit- if the sponsorship dollars are there.

Emerging squad argument isn't much chop. It's the smallest group the QRL have taken. 2017 we only had Hunt and Milford and they have both played Origin since then.

The Broncos aren't the same team because the rules aren't the same. Let the clubs go free without all of these ridiculous caps and we will win every year. The comp is almost completely level because every single team has their own advantages and every team has scouts in Brisbane these days.

A 2nd Brisbane team would hinder every single club in the NRL, not just us. Imagine if all of the players from QLD left their NSW clubs to return home instead of just some of them?

Active Now

• Reds2011
  • ezpz
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Gaz
  • Robboi_321
  • maddo
  • LGH
  • simplythebest
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • sooticus
  • bert_lifts
  • mrtij
  • Broncosarethebest
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.