NEWS Broncos founder decries state of the club and endorse second Brisbane NRL side

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Nah ningers, WHUFC ...pretty bubbles in the air! You mate?

Haha I am! :biggrin:

I just found it unusual that someone on BHQ would know about Crown Paints and Candy!

E

ettybay

NYC Player
May 9, 2014
Seems to me that the younger generation of players are much more inclined to go to the highest bidder than ever before. They appear to take the fast cash with little thought of paying at a weaker club where long term overall earning capacity is probably reduced. I remember when young up & coming players were happy to bide their time in reserve grade learning the ropes. Now if they don't have a NRL contract when they finish playing NYC they believe they have failed. Some choose to pay the ultimate price unfortunately. Sure the Broncos have been through a lean run premiership-wise, sure we have let some players go that we would've kept in hindsight (usually left for $$ we could't match), sure Cyril has passed on, but I reckon we have the best lot of young forwards coming along that we have most likely ever had & if Kodi is able to produce things look pretty rosy.

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
What alot of people aren't realizing, is that not having many or any Broncos players playing origin footy is the best thing that can happen for us.

Since 1988, the majority of the QLD teams have been full of Broncos players, which is a great achievement sure, but it's left our chances of winning premierships almost impossible. Every year our origin players have to back up and play 2 or 3 games in 10 days or whatever it is, and that obviously takes it's toll. Fatigue sets in, you can't win premierships without your best players being at their absolute best. How we've won 6 premierships over the years with 90% of our players playing origin is remarkable. We don't get enough credit for that.

Now, it seems not many Broncos players are in the emerging QLD squad or actually playing origin, and to me it's about time. Now we can really focus on our season and keep our best players fresh and healthy, hopefully.

I love origin footy don't get me wrong, but i love winning premierships even more. Every year origin comes around it derails our season it really does, I'm hoping that all changes now and in the future. Let other clubs carry the QLD load. We've done our job.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
The emerging origin squad fears is a bit silly to me, considering the following:

1. Boyd - plays origin
2. Oates - plays origin
3. Bird - plays origin (NSW)
4. Roberts - NSW (selected for city origin)
5. Kahu - NZ rep
6. Milf - played origin
7. Kodi - NZ rep
8. Lodge - has only played 12 games (NSW)
9. Macca - trained with QLD squad
10. Sims - (NSW) Fiji rep
11. Glenn - NZ rep
12. Gillo - auto-pick for origin
13. Moose - plays origin

14. Thaiday - played 29 origins
15. Offa - Tonga rep
16. TPJ - Tonga rep/2018 emerging blues
17. Payne Haas - 2018 emerging blues

Who is left to emerge???

Offa has really let the boys down I guess.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Absolutely no doubt that the recruitment of juniors that develop into gun players has dropped off in the last 10 years.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • ezpz
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • marw
  • GCBRONCO
  • Howie
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.