NEWS Broncos investigating alleged Payne Haas-Albert Kelly brawl video

Broncos players Albert Kelly and Payne Haas won’t be considered for selection for this round, following the NRL’s decision to impose sanctions on the players for their involvement in an incident last month.
The NRL Integrity Unit has concluded its investigation into the incident, with both players facing playing and financial sanctions for their roles in the incident.

Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy said: “We were disappointed by the incident and with the events that led to it, we need to be better than that.
“I’ve said before that if we want to talk the talk then we have to walk the walk, and we have let ourselves down here.
“We’ve been very public in saying that we want to be better as a club in everything we do, but we know that journey will have some bumps in the road. We need to learn from this and continue to provide our players with the support, education and environment they need and be better going forward.”
Albert Kelly said: “I want to apologise for what happened, I’m very disappointed about how I behaved.
“Payne and I spoke about what happened and we are all good, but I want to say sorry to all the sponsors and fans as well – this is not what we want to stand for at the Broncos.”
Payne Haas said: “It was a silly way to react, and I called Alby the following morning to clear the air.
“Acting with any level of violence is not the way to sort something out and I told Alby that, and we have both moved on from it.
“I apologise for my actions and will work hard to be better.”

Kelly seems like the problems are chronic.. I mean he's well past the point of wiseing up as a footy player, wonder if he will see out the season?

Haas even considering his woeful record of poor behaviour looks to be hard done by in this instance, still.... if you keep on finding yourself in places where trouble happens... it's your fault and not the places..

Kelly seems like the problems are chronic
wish it was the chronic unfortunately it is booze
pineapple express smoking GIF

I'll be sending another email. I also sent one to the the NRL and will send another one.

Here is where you can find contact details: https://www.nrl.com/contact-us

Nothing of course will come of it but at least I can say I've tried.

Essentially, I have pointed out (and feel free to mention something around these):

- Why was there no action taken despite Tedesco admitting racial comments toward a woman, especially in light of the NRL's stated goal around women and inclusivity, yet Kotoni Staggs is expected to meet with the NRL CEO and undertake educational programs
- Why were no sanctions forthcoming toward Mitchell and another Rabbitohs player for essentially the same thing Kelly and Haas have been suspended for
- Why are Haas and Kelly's actions deemed as bad as Dylan Walker's violence AND after being a repeat offender
- Why is this situation considered as bad or worse than taking illegal substances and being also caught on camera
- Why is Milford not allowed to register a contract / play despite being exonerated, yet May can continue to play despite being under criminal investigation
- I have also asked why Staggs' suspension was to be served after an injury and can they point out any other instances where this has occurred

I have mentioned that I am not even saying they should not have received a suspension, I am just wanting to know on what basis do they make their decisions and why are they seemingly so inconsistent. I have tried to keep it civil. I am not expecting a reply.

How the **** is Payne a "senior player in the game" after 66 games? He debuted in 2018 and played another couple before injury. 2019 was his first full year, so he is in his 4th year. And he's what, 23 or something? Get the **** out of here. He's still practically a newbie you fuckwits. KELLY is a senior player in the game, not Hass.

Fuckwits, the lot of them.

I dont have too much of a problem with Payne's 1 week. He reacted badly and his history has worked against him here. Without his past indiscretions i think he would have been fined.

Kelly however i believe probably deserved a worse punishment than Payne. He was the instigator and he was drunk. As usual, how the NRL can think they both warranted the same punishment is beyond me. How did Kelly get a smaller fine?

I dont have too much of a problem with Payne's 1 week. He reacted badly and his history has worked against him here. Without his past indiscretions i think he would have been fined.

Kelly however i believe probably deserved a worse punishment than Payne. He was the instigator and he was drunk. As usual, how the NRL can think they both warranted the same punishment is beyond me. How did Kelly get a smaller fine?

I wouldn't have an issue with it either if it were consistent across the comp which it isn't.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Galah
  • azza.79
  • Aldo
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • Morkel
  • Johnny92
  • davidp
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Harry Sack
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.