NEWS Broncos investigating alleged Payne Haas-Albert Kelly brawl video

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Since when have Penrith been a beacon of ‘club first’ player behaviour? They may well have mostly avoided punishment for it, but to pretend they haven’t been littered with stupid player behaviour in the last few years is just ridiculous. They’re just lucky the NRL wouldn’t dare upset them as their narrative is a good one for the NRL.

Melbourne have generally been better behaved, but even they’ve been no stranger to player misbehaviour lately that again they are also just fortunate the NRL mostly shrugged its shoulders at.
Mate if you listen to any of the young panthers being interviewed and they always say they are trying to improve in areas that will benefit the team. In fact their young centre Crichton said that line just the other night on fox.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
But again, then there’s Dylan Walker, a serial offender that makes Staggs look like a choir boy, getting a week for assault. I have no problem coming down hard on Staggs, but at least have some level of consistency & appreciation for the gravity of what is a criminal offence & what isn’t.

But thats exactly the reason the NRL will come down on these idiots like Walker, Haas and Staggs. They are just too dumb to learn their lessons. I agree though and said it earlier, there is just no real consistency with their punishments.

I'm not so sure Kotoni does realise, same as all these other idiots that keep offending. They basically had to threaten Staggs with kicking him out of the game for a long period of time because he wasnt completing his courses about alcohol, homophobia and empathy ( what ever that was about ). That to me is a clear sign he wasnt taking things seriously and i dont know, but i bet there were a few more minor incidents that didnt make the press they knew about or why would they have taken such an interest in him? There was a reason Abdo had to have that meeting with him.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Mate if you listen to any of the young panthers being interviewed and they always say they are trying to improve in areas that will benefit the team. In fact their young centre Crichton said that line just the other night on fox.

I dunno so much with that lot. Football wise i think they do it, off field behaviour when you look at the idiocy with Tyrone May and how not one of them really condemned him, and then all backed him up after his stupid instagram posts after the grand final. That to me shows a lot about them.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I dunno so much with that lot. Football wise i think they do it, off field behaviour when you look at the idiocy with Tyrone May and how not one of them really condemned him, and then all backed him up after his stupid instagram posts after the grand final. That to me shows a lot about them.
Don’t get me wrong I have no time for the arrogant shits. But their team unity has to be commended.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Don’t get me wrong I have no time for the arrogant shits. But their team unity has to be commended.

Yep, i think on field its annoying, but they are a team. Off field bothers me in that they probably dont think what Tyrone May did was out of order.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Four days out from the game and still no sanctions? Either they’re getting off all charges (good) they’re agreeing to player choice in suspensions (not bad) or we are run by amateurs in NRLHQ (probable)
The thing is, it has not just been us Broncos fans bitching about the inconsistency in regards to the threats of suspension to Haas.
Its been all over social media from other clubs fans as well.
The NRL has to be aware of how stupid they would look if they followed through with this shit.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The thing is, it has not just been us Broncos fans bitching about the inconsistency in regards to the threats of suspension to Haas.
Its been all over social media from other clubs fans as well.
The NRL has to be aware of how stupid they would look if they followed through with this shit.
Probably why they are now sitting on their hands waiting until the eve of the game on Friday to announce fines hoping nobody notices the backflip on their own stupidity.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
They have received a LOT of backlash over this. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't announce anything and just say this was discussed but was not a decision that was made, the media jumped the gun, etc.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
I see the media are now talking 'potential one-week suspension". That's down from the two originally. I hope it morphs into "just a fine" by Friday.

However, it's not great for our preparation. Hass is a pretty big (see what I did there) part of our team.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
I’m sure if you interviewed our players they’d offer much the same Rugby League player platitudes as well.

Talk is cheap. Granted, Penrith are getting it done on the field and we aren’t, but neither club has a good off field record in recent years, so I refuse to believe they have some amazing culture that makes everything they do be about putting the team first and we don’t.

Footy players are young and stupid at every club. Their players just happen to be better at playing footy at the same time. They’re also better at not actually getting punished by the NRL.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
I see the media are now talking 'potential one-week suspension". That's down from the two originally. I hope it morphs into "just a fine" by Friday.

However, it's not great for our preparation. Hass is a pretty big (see what I did there) part of our team.
Surely we would know before tonight.

Unread

Active Now

• Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.