Broncos Mid Season Report Card

True Rocky but the Sharks tend to go backwards at the back end of the season so I can see them choking somewhat and just scrapping into the 8

IMHO< there are a few teams in that top 6 who will start to falter toward the back end of the season.

Hammo said:
IMHO< there are a few teams in that top 6 who will start to falter toward the back end of the season.

Let us all just hope it isn't the Broncos .. I can't see it happening to us anyways.

Dragons and Sharks are my tip!!

I think Manly and the Dragons have had a rails run into their top 8 positions. I definitely don't think they are as good as their win/loss ratios suggest.

Manly have a good forward pack but will choke against the good sides and the Dragons don't have the class in the halves to challenge the good sides when it matters most.

The Rock said:
Beads6 said:
True Rocky but the Sharks tend to go backwards at the back end of the season so I can see them choking somewhat and just scrapping into the 8

True, but that was mainly due to Injuried in previous seasons. They're a different team this year, they've won 11 and lost 4 - They've never had that sort of record with 9 games to go. I think they'll continue on.

Very true although I see there biggest weakness being that there backline isn't that crash hot and will struggle to score tries against the better sides.

The Rock said:
Dragons over-rated? You mean under-rated right? So many people tipped them for the wooden spoon yet they're coming 5th now.

Anyway, they have much more heart this year and their game plan is more structured. (And discipline wise, they're much better) However, they are easily beatable if you target their weaknesses and just follow your own game. So I am not concerned about them at all when we have to play them.

The Dragons have had the dream run tho. They got to play Melbourne and Brisbane without their origin stars and apart from the Knights victory, the rest of their wins have been against the more pootactular sides, eg the Origin and injury hit Titans, the Panthers, the Rabbits. They had a close win against Manly in Manly which will probably turn out to be Manly's worst game of the sesaon.

Agreed. When the whips are cracking this year, the Dragons will be watching from the pub.

Broncos? Well, could go one of two ways. They either revel with the cattle back on deck and start flogging the weaker teams in their run home, or they simply keep plodding along as they have midseason and win here, lose there and maybe scrape into the 8.

I think we'll know which way it'll go in about 3 weeks.

I reckon Brisbane have gone as well as they could given injuries/Origin/suspensions. I am really happy with them. Not happy with some of the positional selections (STAGG IS NOT A 5/8) but overall they've done well. I reckon we are a genuine title threat this year, allowing for injuries.

The broncos are going to Win the Premiership this year. You mark my words....

I have not seen anyone anywhere say anything about the storm not going all the way! They are by a country mile the best side out there and be lucky if the get rolled again this year, so I don't know what Frank is talking about, does he?

Yeah, Storm and Manly will be top 2 IMO.
Roosters have the cattle to finish 3rd.

Sharks...I'm not convinced about them. They're street fighters, they hussle wins at the moment but I think if they face the likes of the Broncos, Storm, Roosters or Manly in form and with momentum the Sharks will find themselves lacking.

I reckon the Sharks will finish 5th-7th.

The last spot in the top 4 is open to the Broncos or Dragons.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • The Strapper
  • Bish
  • mitch222
  • Manlyman
  • mieko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.