NEWS Broncos need to have tough conversation with Boyd

The club signing Bennett and Boyd was like a package deal ... like signing up to a new phone with internet.

Well ... the internet (Bennett) has been disconnected, but you still have the phone. Not a great deal.

Always hard to trust Rothfield but if it is true, at least the ultimatum has been delivered

Where is Macca’s ultimatum? I get the feeling if Boyd goes Macca will be made captain. He has to have nude photos of Seibolds wife.

It's not just Boyd, his career is over but we are still in a hole that I think will take years to get out of.
Siebold together with management have fucked the club.
Blind Freddy could see that Walters should have got the gig.
The writing was on the wall when Walters got alienated in 2016.
He was the perfect choice to take over from Bennant.
It is pretty obvious Walters had a significant influence over the 2015 squad.
It is also obvious that Bennant was either threatened of jealous of Walters because it was Bennant who alienated him.

We can bleat and moan all we like about the Bennant legacy, or lack thereof .
So can Siebold but as far as I am concerned it is HIS FUCKING JOB TO FIX IT and he isn't up to it **** HIM OFF with Boyd.

Did Wayne even want Walters around or to succeed him? From what I understand he wanted Demetriou to take over after he decided to retire (whenever that is).

Where is Macca’s ultimatum? I get the feeling if Boyd goes Macca will be made captain. He has to have nude photos of Seibolds wife.

Would Siebs want to help Macca if that's actually the case?

It's not just Boyd, his career is over but we are still in a hole that I think will take years to get out of.
It is also obvious that Bennant was either threatened of jealous of Walters because it was Bennant who alienated him.

So can Siebold but as far as I am concerned it is HIS FUCKING JOB TO FIX IT and he isn't up to it **** HIM OFF with Boyd.

How exactly did Walters get alienated?

Maybe they lost faith in him after 14 rounds of mediocrity.

This is truly embarrassing, starting from the botched poaching attempt on Bellamy right through to now, the club has been an absolute clusterfuck.

I'm sorry but that sounds crap. No coach would agree to having someone else decide who plays and who doesn't. If it were the case he would have resigned there and then. Other coaches have had to stand up to pushy officialdom within clubs. Bennet did. Griffin did. If you can't, find something else to do.

I don't agree with it, but I can understand why Seibold hasn't sacked Macca.
Maybe maccas the one giving ultimatums.

Macca's a club stalwart and serial coach pleaser. Seibold needs a senior player in his corner, and it looks to me like Macca is it. You can't fault Macca's attitude, nor his stats. There's no point dropping him to the lower grades to improve because Macca is probably giving 100% already.

I think Seibold needs Macca for solidarity, and Macca needs Seibold to need him to keep his position.

Hopefully, Seibold can find him a position in the coaching squad or in some kind of roving PR position to get him off the field, without either of them losing face. I think we'd all like to see some kind of happy ending for Macca.

I don't agree with it, but I can understand why Seibold hasn't sacked Macca.

Macca's a club stalwart and serial coach pleaser. Seibold needs a senior player in his corner, and it looks to me like Macca is it. You can't fault Macca's attitude, nor his stats. There's no point dropping him to the lower grades to improve because Macca is probably giving 100% already.

I think Seibold needs Macca for solidarity, and Macca needs Seibold to need him to keep his position.

Hopefully, Seibold can find him a position in the coaching squad or in some kind of roving PR position to get him off the field, without either of them losing face. I think we'd all like to see some kind of happy ending for Macca.

Retired by the age of 30 is a pretty happy ending.

I'll be honest and say I've never really liked the guy. I was so pissed when I heard he was coming back here. I was even more pissed when Benny gave him the captaincy. I mean, is he in the same mould as the guys painted out front of the stadium?

His moody, sooky attitude just never sat well with me. Yeh he fought adversity to get where he was. So have millions of others without the hefty paycheque.

His attitude is something we don't need around the Broncos. This shit of waving his arms at the ref when things go wrong has 'weak loser' written all over it and it has spread like a cancer through the team.

He needs to be dropped ASAP and please FFS stop the talk of giving him a coaching role around the club. He needs to be told to take a long walk off a short plank and never come back.

Hard to imagine he is not getting advice from Wayne. He’s either ignoring it or getting the wrong advice.

Ridiculous! How exactly has Siebold fucked the club?

A new coach needs time to make the changes and bring success - judging too early is a certain recipe for failure

Example from another code - SANFL (back in the days when it was a serious comp), Sturt appointed Jack Oatey in 1962 to drag them out of mediocrity and he failed to take them to the finals. Instead of sacking him, they persisted. 2 years later Sturt are in the Grand Final and he then led the team to 7 SANFL Premierships (a record at the time) including the famous five in a row from 1966 to 1970

The moral is patience

Oh and our former coaches name is Bennett

Last edited:

A new coach needs time to make the changes and bring success - judging too early is a certain recipe for failure

Example from another code - SANFL (back in the days when it was a serious comp), Sturt appointed Jack Oatey in 1962 to drag them out of mediocrity and he failed to take them to the finals. Instead of sacking him, they persisted. 2 years later Sturt are in the Grand Final and he then led the team to 7 SANFL Premierships (a record at the time) including the famous five in a row from 1966 to 1970

The moral is patience

another example is the Brisbane Broncos in 1991, there were calls to sack Bennett after missing the finals (it was his 4th year at a club with plenty of origin and Aus reps in the side). they stuck with him and the following year, he won back-to-back premierships

The moral is patience

Ok so in what year can we expect success to start?

Unfortunately, i can see reflections of newcastle in our team. Gradual decline in performance, culminating in shit hitting the fan (funnily enough, post bennett- but i would not say he was the total cause of that, that rests on tinkler). Now we have A lot of young players with promise that may take time to find their feet. So like newcastle we may have a few lean years.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Midean
  • Morepudding
  • Xzei
  • Bish
  • ezpz
  • Allo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Tmac
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.