NEWS Broncos need to have tough conversation with Boyd

Origin or no origin, Seibold has to make the call and drop Boyd today.

If he brings in say, Nui (who made over 150 metres in ISC) he may make rookie mistakes, but at least he'll bring some enthusiasm.

Boyd is making rookie mistakes, but has no enthusiasm - because he doesn't have to. He's getting paid $800,000 a year regardless. Even at his best he wasn't worth more than $500,000 a year!

Give me enthusiasm/mistakes over no enthusiasm/mistakes any day.

Hahah 😂 I just seen this doing the rounds on Facebook

If the rumours are true (I hope they are) we'll need a new captain soon.

I can't see a better option than Glenn. No one in our top 30 has been a better example on and off the field and while I think Macca is a good bloke he's hopefully on the same exit train as Darius.

Give it to Glenn, re-sign him for a year, reassess end of next year.

I think Gillett would be a good option.

I just can't see Lodge as a captain. Of the group we have here Glenn, Gill and Milf are the only legitimate options I think
He's captained TPJ, Mago, Ofahengaue and Bird in the Junior Kangaroos (2015). TPJ became captain the next year.

Origin or no origin, Seibold has to make the call and drop Boyd today.

If he brings in say, Nui (who made over 150 metres in ISC) he may make rookie mistakes, but at least he'll bring some enthusiasm.

Boyd is making rookie mistakes, but has no enthusiasm - because he doesn't have to. He's getting paid $800,000 a year regardless. Even at his best he wasn't worth more than $500,000 a year!

Give me enthusiasm/mistakes over no enthusiasm/mistakes any day.
Need the experience out the back, Boyd is playing like shit, but it would be a slaughter if we had a rookie back 3.

Need the experience out the back, Boyd is playing like shit, but it would be a slaughter if we had a rookie back 3.

Maybe. Don't see the point of including Darius when he a) is the worst performing fullback in the league b) is compounding the problem by being captain and supposedly "leading the way" c) has been on a down-ward trajectory for weeks without any improvement.

Experience is irrelevant when it is over-taken by lethargy. I don't know why Boyd is playing the way he is, but keeping him in the team is only prolonging the pain for him and the fans.

The slaughter is already happening. Our season is over. We might as well start building next year's team. We actually went forward with Dearden and Turpin.

I will inevitably regret getting everyone's hopes up for nothing which is exactly what my luck would have, but judging by everything I'm seeing and hearing, Boyd may as well consider this Sharks game his send off, cause the week after he will be hanging the boots up Inglis style instead of copping the humiliation of being dropped from Captain to reserve grade. Boyd cares about his legacy whether he wants to own that or not, and it's suffering irreparable damage right now.

Maybe. Don't see the point of including Darius when he a) is the worst performing fullback in the league b) is compounding the problem by being captain and supposedly "leading the way" c) has been on a down-ward trajectory for weeks without any improvement.

Experience is irrelevant when it is over-taken by lethargy. I don't know why Boyd is playing the way he is, but keeping him in the team is only prolonging the pain for him and the fans.
Earlier in the year Flegler had an interview, he got asked who is the most influential player in the squad to him. He answered Macca, due to his experience and communication and the confidence it gave him and the other young forwards.

Regardless of how shit Boyd is playing, He will provide that experience for two rookie wingers, a centre, and a halfback.

Boyd should've been dropped a while ago, but we have no experience this week, especially in the backs... with Staggs being our second most experienced player 22 games...

The slaughter is already happening. Our season is over. We might as well start building next year's team. We actually went forward with Dearden and Turpin.
There's a difference between building a team for next year and aimlessly throwing rookies into the firing line.

There's a difference between building a team for next year and aimlessly throwing rookies into the firing line.

I stopped caring about this season when we lost to the Titans, and all I care about now is seeing rookies. Looks to me that Seibold hasn't "lost the dressing room," he's never had it. If we're stuck with Seibold for the next few years maybe the only way forward is for him to blood a whole bunch of noobs who feel grateful for the opportunity.

Oh so we're at the stage where management are stonewalling their first year coach. That fills me with soooo much confidence we're on the right track and the club have faith in Seibold.......

If this is truly the state the club is in, we're in for some painful and depressing years ahead boys and girls.

He's captained TPJ, Mago, Ofahengaue and Bird in the Junior Kangaroos (2015). TPJ became captain the next year.
Oh really? Had no idea tbh. That said, I sure as shit can't see TPJ as a captain either. I think Lodge can grow into it, but not at this point I think.

I will inevitably regret getting everyone's hopes up for nothing which is exactly what my luck would have, but judging by everything I'm seeing and hearing, Boyd may as well consider this Sharks game his send off, cause the week after he will be hanging the boots up Inglis style instead of copping the humiliation of being dropped from Captain to reserve grade. Boyd cares about his legacy whether he wants to own that or not, and it's suffering irreparable damage right now.
Fingers crossed. As much as I've enjoyed his career, it's suffering right now and he's cooked. Physically and mentally I think. Bow out gracefully Boyd.

Earlier in the year Flegler had an interview, he got asked who is the most influential player in the squad to him. He answered Macca, due to his experience and communication and the confidence it gave him and the other young forwards.

Regardless of how shit Boyd is playing, He will provide that experience for two rookie wingers, a centre, and a halfback.

Boyd should've been dropped a while ago, but we have no experience this week, especially in the backs... with Staggs being our second most experienced player 22 games...

You may be right. I can't stop thinking about the young players throwing their hands up in the air when Boyd fell over the dead ball line against Newcastle. He may be experienced, but his "influence" on younger players isn't inspirational. How can anyone be positively influenced by a guy who made two runs for seven metres and missed the tackle that lost the game?

Can you imagine playing for another team and breaking our line and getting into the backfield with only Boyd to beat? It would be hard not to crack a smile and start celebrating before you got past him.

Can you imagine playing for another team and breaking our line and getting into the backfield with only Boyd to beat? It would be hard not to crack a smile and start celebrating before you got past him.

Anyone in that situation would be wondering "Is going to kneel or is he going to fall over". Quite stressful.

It's not just Boyd, his career is over but we are still in a hole that I think will take years to get out of.
Siebold together with management have fucked the club.
Blind Freddy could see that Walters should have got the gig.
The writing was on the wall when Walters got alienated in 2016.
He was the perfect choice to take over from Bennant.
It is pretty obvious Walters had a significant influence over the 2015 squad.
It is also obvious that Bennant was either threatened of jealous of Walters because it was Bennant who alienated him.

We can bleat and moan all we like about the Bennant legacy, or lack thereof .
So can Siebold but as far as I am concerned it is HIS FUCKING JOB TO FIX IT and he isn't up to it **** HIM OFF with Boyd.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • MrMoore
  • Old Mate
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • kiwibronco
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.