NEWS Broncos need to have tough conversation with Boyd

Purple Pills

QCup Player
Every single player in the side has gone backward under his tenure.
Jack Bird has been infinitely better than last year even though he was carrying that sternum injury last season.

Jake Turpin has actually raised his stock 10 fold this season. Same can be said about Payne Haas.

Ofahengaue, Haas and Fifita broke into the Origin arena this year under his tenure. Lodge was also on the cusp for NSW.

The only players I would say you could argue have gone backwards under Seibold are Boyd, McCullough, Isaako and TPJ.

Could make a case for Milford but he has always been rocks and diamonds and is probably playing at the same level as last season.

TPJ at least played his career best game under Seibold.

Isaako has a pretty bad family illness which might explain why his head has not been in the game lately so I’ll cut him a bit of slack.

Boyd and Macca are aging and peaked years ago so their decline under Seibold is no surprise as it was already heading that way alarmingly under Bennett.

I agree Seibold deserves some criticism for some of the lack of success for issues within his control but let’s not throw agenda driven tripe at him about everyone going backwards under him when it is so far from actual fact that it is borderline trolling.

Last edited:

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Player
I will inevitably regret getting everyone's hopes up for nothing which is exactly what my luck would have, but judging by everything I'm seeing and hearing, Boyd may as well consider this Sharks game his send off, cause the week after he will be hanging the boots up Inglis style instead of copping the humiliation of being dropped from Captain to reserve grade. Boyd cares about his legacy whether he wants to own that or not, and it's suffering irreparable damage right now.
I bet he won't

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Player
I don't agree with it, but I can understand why Seibold hasn't sacked Macca.

Macca's a club stalwart and serial coach pleaser. Seibold needs a senior player in his corner, and it looks to me like Macca is it. You can't fault Macca's attitude, nor his stats. There's no point dropping him to the lower grades to improve because Macca is probably giving 100% already.

I think Seibold needs Macca for solidarity, and Macca needs Seibold to need him to keep his position.

Hopefully, Seibold can find him a position in the coaching squad or in some kind of roving PR position to get him off the field, without either of them losing face. I think we'd all like to see some kind of happy ending for Macca.
I think he should be playing Macca at 7

Pub Steak

QCup Player
I'm not defending Boyd and am the first to want to see him go but did any watch Jesse Ramien go straight over the top of RTS last night? Boyd must've loved seeing that. I think Ramien is just a monster.

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Player
Gotta be trolling
I wasn't actually.
Keeps our best 9 in the 9 Jersey.
This year is fucked anyway.. we've already stated Dearden will be our long term half. Gives tuprs more time to cement his spot. Means Macca will have to work on his vision and creativity. Then when it's clear he's incapable, he's no longer in 1sy grade. Or.. he improves and that's a bonus to us. Win win

ostin86

QCup Player
Honest question here.

Do we think that Boyd would be one the best Fullbacks in the ISC if he was dropped?

I don't watch the state league so it's a difficult question for me to answer. I would be pretty interested in the opinions of the members who do.

Last edited:

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
Trouble understanding? He thinks Macca should be playing at 7 ...PM !!! The team plays at 4 . Get it?
No he literally meant he wants Macca to play halfback. Not everyone tries to be cryptic or need to play on words as you do. Get it?

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Player
I wasn't actually.
Keeps our best 9 in the 9 Jersey.
This year is fucked anyway.. we've already stated Dearden will be our long term half. Gives tuprs more time to cement his spot. Means Macca will have to work on his vision and creativity. Then when it's clear he's incapable, he's no longer in 1sy grade. Or.. he improves and that's a bonus to us. Win win
This post. Called it. Macca was a better 7 than he was a 9 tonight

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter