Broncos NYC 2014

Did you happen to watch the game against the Eels, Alec?

No, just looking at the stats. 3 try assists is pretty damn good.

It is but it's also telling because he took plenty of poor options in that game and the Broncos choked.

What I believe it says is that even when he's below his best, Taylor is still a handy player.

Other stats for those interested.

Up To Round 26

Top Pointscorers
5. Jayden Nikorima - 152 (15 tries; 46 goals)

Top Goalkickers
10. Jayden Nikorima - 46 goals, 64 Attempts, 72%

Top Running Metres
1. Jo Ofahengaue - 4 103m (171m average) 24 Games

Most Hit Ups/Runs
1. Jo Ofahengaue - 395
5. Jai Arrow - 308

Most Offloads
2. Ajuma Adams - 50

Top Line-Break Assists
3. Ash Taylor - 17

Top Turnover Tackles
1. Jai Arrow - 17

Most Intercepts
2. Jayden Nikorima - 3

Most Try Assists
3. Ash Taylor - 22

Can we get Ofahengaue into the first grade squad next season, he seems pretty legit. I'd have him over Hala in the pecking order after looking at those stats and highlights.

Unless he drops off dramatically, he'll be there.

Could have played a game here or there this year but just has to fix a few technical issues with his game. Nothing another off-season won't fix and if things go the course, he'll be ready to make a genuine contribution to the team.

Last edited:
Hodges was just on 4BC.

Hope they have a replay of it handy but basically what I got out of it...

- Forwards have generally been the Broncos best.

- Taylor is a talent but still has plenty to learn.

- Believes promotion to the ISC is horses for courses. Some players benefit from playing with men but apart of the challenge in the NRL is being able to handle the travel aspect of it.

Can we get Ofahengaue into the first grade squad next season, he seems pretty legit. I'd have him over Hala in the pecking order after looking at those stats and highlights.

He was this year, trained full time with the squad all year.

20s Team for the weekend

BRONCOS NYC TEAM
1 Kodi Nikorima
2 Paul Byrnes
3 Tom Opacic
4 Jordan Drew
5 Jack Tuttle
6 Duncan Paia’aua
7 Ashley Taylor
8 Aaron Rockley
9 Jayden Berrell
10 Joe Ofahengaue
11 Brett Greinke ©
12 Brendon McBryde
13 Jai Arrow
Interchange
14 Jayden Nikorima
15 George Fai
16 Ajuma Adams
17 Alex Barr
18 Kalolo Saitaua
Coach Craig Hodges

If only Molo & Oates were available
The dragons will be a tough game too. We haven't looked like beating them the two times we have played them this year

wayne isn't overly keen on offahengaue so dont expect to much of him, admittedly he does a lot of work but he gets rolled over to easy when he carries the ball up and struggles to dominate in one on one defense. The big concern with joe is his sameness, with very little variation.
wayne is more keen on molo, collins and surprisingly to me ajuma adams.....That was a bit of a shock to me but he obviously seen something this year in adams.

wayne isn't overly keen on offahengaue so dont expect to much of him, admittedly he does a lot of work but he gets rolled over to easy when he carries the ball up and struggles to dominate in one on one defense. The big concern with joe is his sameness, with very little variation.
wayne is more keen on molo, collins and surprisingly to me ajuma adams.....That was a bit of a shock to me but he obviously seen something this year in adams.

So he's like every Broncos player this year then?

Thats a good one talanoa,what did Wayne tell you over a coffee on his 1st day back did he??Joe has been awesome for us as for Collins he aint on the same level too Big Joe atm mate.He may lack finesse with no ball playing but theres alot of props in the game that cant pass a ball guys.Him and Jai Arrow will go all the way in the next few years I think anyway.

Yep.

Molo - Shoulder
Lee - ACL

Oates also elected to get off season surgery.

Last edited:
Adams looked good last season but has been so so this year. Collins looks good but is young and needs to fill out

Active Now

• BroncosMan
  • Dazza 92
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • teampjta
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • winslow_wong
  • bazza
  • Fatboy
  • bert_lifts
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.