Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberts sorta fell in our lap, souffs were the only other contender for his signature and they sacked him not long ago.

Now kiss.

So what is actually happening with Copley? Has he really been forced out by the salary cap or is he just shopping himself around? Some of the news stories look like beat ups to me. A journalist asks the cowboys coach if they would be interested in him and he basically said of course who wouldn't be but we haven't spoken to him and we don't have salary cap room at the moment and that some how becomes a story that they are chasing him.

Bennett told him he can look elsewhere for next year, I think it's just a matter of Copley finding someone who he wants to play for, rather than the other way around.

My bet would be the Gold Coast, purely for the ease of not having to go far or change Universities, and because they'll be able to pay him a lot more in future years than someone like the Cowboys.

As copley has a contract with the broncos for 2016 does that mean they will still have to pay part of his contract for next season? (I am assuming whatever club he goes to won't be paying the full amount he is contracted to the broncos for.)
This would obvously affect how much room the broncos will have in their cap and therefore how much they can offer roberts.

As copley has a contract with the broncos for 2016 does that mean they will still have to pay part of his contract for next season? (I am assuming whatever club he goes to won't be paying the full amount he is contracted to the broncos for.)
This would obvously affect how much room the broncos will have in their cap and therefore how much they can offer roberts.
This is where negotiations would get tricky.
Any club who wants him has to satisfy Copely for overall size of the contract but the Broncos as well so far as how much they expect us to stump up.

This is where negotiations would get tricky.
Any club who wants him has to satisfy Copely for overall size of the contract but the Broncos as well so far as how much they expect us to stump up.

I agree and I also think that copleys situation would have to be finalised first so that the broncos would know how much room they have in their cap when putting a deal together for roberts.

Maybe Copley is being given the opportunity to look elsewhere so he can play first grade, similar to taylor. This deal would've needed to be done first if we're relying on cap space. I know it's the common belief in the media, doesn't make it the truth. Maybe we keep Copley for depth.

I don't think the Roberts contract has been registered yet. IIRC he's signed, but the Auditor hasn't gone over it yet. I read a comment that Roberts could be training with us in the new year before it's even been rubber-stamped by the NRL. The difference between this and the Souths+Burgess contract is their contract was rejected and they had to release players before the NRL would register it. We haven't made it to that stage yet.

I don't think the Roberts contract has been registered yet. IIRC he's signed, but the Auditor hasn't gone over it yet. I read a comment that Roberts could be training with us in the new year before it's even been rubber-stamped by the NRL. The difference between this and the Souths+Burgess contract is their contract was rejected and they had to release players before the NRL would register it. We haven't made it to that stage yet.

starts training on the 4th of january doesn't he?

Ignore post

Last edited:
Gould denies Panthers are chasing. Recons Copley will link with the Cowboys with Titans and Roosters also chasing.

Rooster's surely cannot have any space in their cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.