Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what we have Bennett for my friend...

He can't make everyone great.

Just ask the Knights.

But okay.. Can you imagine Jennings under Bennett? Still would prefer him over Roberts.. Unless Roberts can get his head out and fix the errors in his game which have been a problem before he was even at the Titans, and it's more than just his handling..

People slam Reed's defence...

Last edited:
Roberts is a good player to have when you're going up against a bottom 8 side.. Or a side that's out of form.

But in the big games against the top teams, that's when I would prefer Jennings.

One of the reasons why I want Jennings over Roberts, he has more to his game than just speed.

Lmao, I love how you base all of this off a stat from 1 season of NRL, with the Titans.

Imagine if Milford had only scored his tries against shit teams in 2014, would you have said the same thing about him coming into 2015?

Lmao, I love how you base all of this off a stat from 1 season of NRL, with the Titans.

Imagine if Milford had only scored his tries against shit teams in 2014, would you have said the same thing about him coming into 2015?

I don't base this on one season.

I think Roberts' error rate is also a product of the Titans forcing him the ball, and general poor service. He was their only real attacking weapon.

I certainly can't deny that his hands aren't his best asset, but with Hunt, Milford and Macca giving him the ball, and less focus on him, I expect him to shine.

I think Roberts' error rate is also a product of the Titans forcing him the ball, and general poor service. He was their only real attacking weapon.

I certainly can't deny that his hands aren't his best asset, but with Hunt, Milford and Macca giving him the ball, and less focus on him, I expect him to shine.

Amen, I watched a few Tits games last year, a lot of his errors came from him just trying to create something on his own with them being down by 10+ with not long to go, they literally had no attacking weapons on that team with Sezer out injured.

I don't base this on one season.

He's played 52 NRL games dude, to put that in perspective, Michael Jennings has played in nearly 200. Don't you think it might be a bit unfair to rate him off that? In terms of who he's scored against, mathematically speaking he's probably only played "The good teams" in the NRL 3-4 times in total, less in some cases.

100% agree...
I think Milf transitioned so quickly because he had no pressure to be brilliant.
Wayne gave Milf the first half of the season to just settle in & focus on his weaker points... defense & errors. I'm sure it will be the same with JR. Can't wait to get into the season, we have a great year ahead!

100% agree...
I think Milf transitioned so quickly because he had no pressure to be brilliant.
Wayne gave Milf the first half of the season to just settle in & focus on his weaker points... defense & errors. I'm sure it will be the same with JR. Can't wait to get into the season, we have a great year ahead!

Hi Chew

Welcome aboard. Not SURE how long you have been supporting the team ,but, in any case, I am loving your enthusiasm! I am also quiet impressed by your analysis of MILF's game last season (you obviously have a good understanding of the finer points of NRL).

Anyways ,again, it's great to have new subscribers join the team here at BHQ and I am sure it wont be long at all until you really feel part of the family. Enjoy your stay and we all look forward with great interest to your next posting with even further analysis :welcome:

Milford was a terrible signing after the Souths game in Round 1 and should have been moved to fullback.

Milford was a terrible signing after the Souths game in Round 1 and should have been moved to fullback.

You know that is not true. He is one of the best signings that we have ever made.

I suspect that might have been tongue-in-cheek from Rabbir.

I've got an issue with the criticism being directed at James Roberts.

Specifically, he doesn't play well against good teams.

I think it's a load of rubbish.

First off, he played well in Round 4 (vs Cronulla), 12 (vs Souths), 14 (vs Canterbury) & 25 (vs Dragons). Now it doesn't take a psychic to know what the rebuttal is going to be.

"Erm I said good teams."

In which case it's cherry-picking, making up a set of conditions to slight a player.

Why? Who knows. I'd suspect there's a bit of tall poppy syndrome going on because people acted like Roberts was the second coming. I understand that, but that doesn't mean he's a bad buy or enough to bring Bennett's recruitment decisions into question before a ball is even kicked.

I think it's a really silly standard to hold players to.

Milford for instance only played against one Top 4 side in 2014 - South Sydney Rabbitohs. Of course does that even count considering Souths had lost their past two clashes and were off that afternoon?

According to some, no.

Yet Milford was a great signing for the club and could in fact become the greatest signing.

I don't know if Roberts will catch him, but he's got plenty going for him. Yes, he has faults and those will have to be ironed out, but let's focus on them instead of inventing these ridiculous conditions?

I'm feeling really positive about this year (nothing bad has happened yet) so I would like to share the 5 players I think will really step up this year. 1. Joe Offa established himself as a genuine 1st grader last year and will become one of the best front rowers in the game over the next couple of years. Very fit and the reduced interchange won't hurt him. 2. Nikorima had a break out year and the confidence he should have and the reduced interchange will only make him more effective. 3. Roberts joined us because he knows his game is flawed and he WANTS to be better. I'm backing him to be great. 4. Boyd should be settled now and with a proper pre season be ready to fire. His combination with Milford and Hunt will be critical to the effectiveness of our outside backs. 5. Oates. I have changed my mind about this bloke. I used to think he was a lazy back rower but now I really think he could be one of the best wingers in the game. He has the size to do a lot of work early in sets to take pressure off the forwards (even more important with reduced interchange) and the top speed to be a very good finisher from anywhere on the field. The main area I think we need to improve as a team is our line speed in defence. Our goal line defence was absolutely heroic but we let teams down there way too easily. That meant we started a lot of sets from really poor position and relied on Hunt's long kicking to get down the other end. If we can start sets from better position we will run up cricket scores with our attack. Anyway that's my thoughts. Happy New Year everybody.

I'm feeling really positive about this year (nothing bad has happened yet) so I would like to share the 5 players I think will really step up this year. 1. Joe Offa established himself as a genuine 1st grader last year and will become one of the best front rowers in the game over the next couple of years. Very fit and the reduced interchange won't hurt him. 2. Nikorima had a break out year and the confidence he should have and the reduced interchange will only make him more effective. 3. Roberts joined us because he knows his game is flawed and he WANTS to be better. I'm backing him to be great. 4. Boyd should be settled now and with a proper pre season be ready to fire. His combination with Milford and Hunt will be critical to the effectiveness of our outside backs. 5. Oates. I have changed my mind about this bloke. I used to think he was a lazy back rower but now I really think he could be one of the best wingers in the game. He has the size to do a lot of work early in sets to take pressure off the forwards (even more important with reduced interchange) and the top speed to be a very good finisher from anywhere on the field. The main area I think we need to improve as a team is our line speed in defence. Our goal line defence was absolutely heroic but we let teams down there way too easily. That meant we started a lot of sets from really poor position and relied on Hunt's long kicking to get down the other end. If we can start sets from better position we will run up cricket scores with our attack. Anyway that's my thoughts. Happy New Year everybody.

quite like this post

could be my blind optimism or lingering hangover... but it seems like last season finished about 6 years ago, cant wait for round 1!

If i may ,could i please nominate this posting from subscriber Sirlee as an early contender for the "Posting of THE year". Wonderful analysis sir an makes me even more excited for season 2016! Bravo.

I think some people are forgetting Roberts is still developing as a player, he isn't the finished article. Yes he has made some errors for the Titans, but who didnt for the Titans. He wont have the pressure of being the main threat with us, which i hope will help his game.

Saying that, if he doesn't work on his weaknesses and develop, he wont be in the team anyway. WB will want to see signs of him progressing and putting in the hard yards or he wont be playing.

Roberts is the centre of the year... meaning at this point in time he is the best option at centre in the nrl, the only thing worth questioning is off field issues, how anyone could be questioning his on field play is beyond me when in one season he showed more then any of our current centres have in years.

The last piece of our backline puzzle is a good strike centre, hodges was declining a bit and reed even making the team has been a constant back and forth on this forum for years, copley COULD be great barring injuries.. but roberts is great right now doing it all himself, with hunt milf and boyds service actually getting him on the outside of his man before he even recieves the ball he will destroy.

We all bagged blair and bagged boyd maybe its time to realise bennett actually knows what he is doing, sit back and watch the magic guys it should be a hell of a try fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Hurrijo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Bongo
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.