Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
I'm wondering if it may be worth making a play at Elijah Taylor for a season or 2. As much as i rate our young back rowers, I don't think any of them are ready to fill Parker role full time, IMO they need a bit more time on the bench (and in ISC) to develop.

apparently Taylor will be leaving the Tigers, and i don't think he would break the bank, still leaving us money in the kitty for a top level prop.

just a thought

I think Glenn gone be lock next year. If broncos sign any forward for next year then there gone be change for lock position.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'm wondering if it may be worth making a play at Elijah Taylor for a season or 2. As much as i rate our young back rowers, I don't think any of them are ready to fill Parker role full time, IMO they need a bit more time on the bench (and in ISC) to develop.

apparently Taylor will be leaving the Tigers, and i don't think he would break the bank, still leaving us money in the kitty for a top level prop.

just a thought

I wouldn't be against either him or Fensom.

Particularly around the Origin period when we need some ruggedness in defence.

See what they're asking for. If we can accommodate them without breaking the bank, then bring them on board.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
As I've said before, if we're going out into the market looking for a genuine replacement for Parker, Fensom is the best of the lot. He's work rate and defence will fill the void left by Parker. Parker in his final season didn't get through the same amount of work as in previous years, however I still believe our young forwards, such as Arrow, will struggle to slot in on a full time basis. I still think they need to develop, and slowly be introduced off the bench.

If we're going to replace Parker from within, then Blair is the man for the job. He's never been a real yardage man, but playing him at lock will allow him to use some of his deft skills, which we don't always get to see. It will still mean he'll be defending in the middle third, and he'll still be able to do his extra efforts such as kick pressure, but it just gives him some freedom to be more than just a battering ram. This is of course if we land a big prop or two.

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So our 25 next season would be awesome if it were:

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Pearson
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Blair
9. McCullough
10. Napa
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. McGuire

14. KNik
15. Joffa/Ese'ese/Arrow/Fai
16. TPJ
17. Glenn

18. Opacic
19. Mead
20. Joffa/Ese'ese/Arrow/Fai
21. Same Again
22. Same Again
23. Taylor
24. Lolohea
25. JNik

BrentTatesChin

BrentTatesChin

QCup Player
Jul 30, 2016
So our 25 next season would be awesome if it were:

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Pearson
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Blair
9. McCullough
10. Napa
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. McGuire

14. KNik
15. Joffa/Ese'ese/Arrow/Fai
16. TPJ
17. Glenn

18. Opacic
19. Mead
20. Joffa/Ese'ese/Arrow/Fai
21. Same Again
22. Same Again
23. Taylor
24. Lolohea
25. JNik

We dont have JNik. And we dont need him.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Can't copy paste right now, but the Australian just released a Lolohea to
Broncos story, didn't look like it had much substance, just basing it off the Lolohea instagram post.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
Can't copy paste right now, but the Australian just released a Lolohea toBroncos story, didn't look like it had much substance, just basing it off the Lolohea instagram post.
Kieran Foran’s impending move to the New Zealand Warriors looks set to deliver Brisbane an unexpected bonus, with talented youngster Tuimoala Lolohea on the verge of a move to the Broncos.One of the most talented young backline products in the game, Lolohea’s future at the Warriors has been the centre of ongoing speculation since midway through the season, with sacked Warriors coach Andrew McFadden clearly not sharing the high regard in which Lolohea is held by the vast majority of fans and rivals.Unable to secure himself a regular starting position in McFadden’s line-up, Lolohea reportedly drew interest from six NRL clubs over just one weekend in late July.Lolohea’s manager confirmed Brisbane had been among the suitors to make clear their interest.It prompted Warriors boss Jim Doyle and McFadden to assure Lolohea both publicly and privately that he remained a key part of the club’s plans.However, such is the fluid nature of the NRL player market these days that Doyle’s assurances departed with McFadden, who was axed after the Warriors finished outside the top eight for a third straight year under his watch.Coincidentally, McFadden’s replacement, former New Zealand Test coach and Broncos assistant coach Stephen Kearney, had been one of the attractions that Brisbane had hoped might convince Lolohea to make the move across the Tasman in 2017.Instead it was Kearney’s relationship with Foran — forged during their time together with the New Zealand national team — that helped convince Foran to join the Warriors on a one-year deal. The contract still has to be registered by the NRL but that process would seem to be a formality.But the Warriors must now clear the necessary salary cap space, with the signature of Foran likely to force up to three players out.And if Lolohea’s social media posts are anything to go by, he would seem to be first cab off the rank, with the versatile speedster posting a picture in front of the Broncos’ Red Hill facility on Friday, where he is believed to have met with the club’s performance and recruitment staff.The Warriors utility posted a photo on his Instagram account with the caption, “What am I doing here?”

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Yep definitely no substance.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
So he wasn't there for the seafood smorgasboard.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
Pearson, Roberts, Lolo, Mead, Oates... Shaping up to be some serious speed in our backline!!
Oates must be going into the forwards?

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
Players really like to troll fans. I mean, why wouldn't you, if they hang off your every words *shrug*

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I bet the headlines will be "LoLo is here" if he signs.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Now we just need some serious size in the pack (hill, Napa, or both, please).

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
So where will we put him?
if anyone has a clue, please put your full team here for next season with him in it

BrentTatesChin

BrentTatesChin

QCup Player
Jul 30, 2016
I cant see where he goes! He wont move Oates to 2nd row and take his wing spot, and he wont come off the bench?

Can we please just sign 2 big bodies already?!

BrentTatesChin

BrentTatesChin

QCup Player
Jul 30, 2016
lmao wasnt there a facebook page that said "napas announcement will be made in the next few days"

Pre' sure its been a "few days"

Take everything you hear with a grain off salt. Unless its coming from Wayne himself.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
Be nice to hear from Smokin Joe or Talanoa on these possible signings... Or 1910? Anybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Broncorob
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redfern_1980
  • broncos4life
  • LittleDavey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.