Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll get injured again and take a roster position that could have been given to someone else.
He is not taking a roster position now... he is likely on a second tier contract

Moga would be 200k tops and I watched a few game highlights he didn't look too bad to me he made 1 real good run away try and every player would be hesitant after a serious injury like acl confidence is 1 thing you would need and time is the other

Tautau Moga is a terrible signing IMO. You look at his speed at the Roosters (Youtube) compared with now and his knee recos have taken a massive toll on it.

Personally I don't think he's NRL standard anymore but we'll see.

I feel really sorry for the kid (he is still only 22) - he had the potential to be a special player. But that's two clubs now (Roosters, Cowboys) who have now got fed up with him because of his injuries.

Kahu had just as many injuries as Moga has had by his age too. Should we throw him to the scrap heap as well? The Roosters and cowboys had settled rosters by the time Moga healed so they saw him as surplus requirements.

Moga would be 200k tops and I watched a few game highlights he didn't look too bad to me he made 1 real good run away try and every player would be hesitant after a serious injury like acl confidence is 1 thing you would need and time is the other
If he is in anywhere near 200k ... then we have massively overpaid
Kahu had just as many injuries as Moga has had by his age too. Should we throw him to the scrap heap as well? The Roosters and cowboys had settled rosters by the time Moga healed so they saw him as surplus requirements.

Kahu despite some injuries has managed in the past two season's to put together 42 appearances in first grade for the club which is more then Moga has managed to put in first grade total, Kahu has proven himself in first grade and at the club and is an international. He is more then worth punting on because despite the setbacks he has had to earn it. I got no problem signing Moga for depth and potential, but comparing the two, one has established themselves while the other hasn't and the concerns of his past history with injuries are justified.

Last edited:
Kahu despite some injuries has managed in the past two season's to put together 42 appearances in first grade for the club which is more then Moga has managed to put in first grade total, Kahu has proven himself in first grade and at the club and is an international. He is more then worth punting on because despite the setback he has had to earn it. I got no problem signing Moga for depth and potential, but comparing the two, one has established themselves while the other hasn't and the concerns of his past history with injuries are justified.

I was pointing out the similarities of their careers at a young age with respect to injuries. The kid just needs somewhere to prove himself like Kahu did. Brisbane kept the faith with Kahu throughout his injuries and he is repaying us. All im saying is, by the time he got himself right at both clubs, they had settled outside back combinations that weren't going to change for a while so he had to move on for opportunities. He will get the opportunity here. Our outside backs combos are far from locked down.

We have plenty of speed in our back line. Happy to take Moga if hes coming in as a power runner.

Moga would only be on a minimal contract we shouldn't risk throwing big money at someone who struggles to stay fit.

That's what moga will b a tackler breaker with good hands we just need him fit and firing he would be taking over for reed after all

Being the richest club in the comp, you'd think that injury management, prevention, and rehab would be a major plus for us (look at how we've managed to get Kahu back up to scratch). If he's going to reach his potential physically, it's with us.

I'm backing him to do well with us.

The NRL is full of stories of guys who come back from injuries and thrive at a new club.

Last edited:
The NRL is full of stories of guys who come back from injuries and thrive at a new club.

And it's also full of stories of guys who go from club to club and don't, nothing is certain.

As in Braith Anasta's Italian-Greek step-cousin's uncle's fruiterer who sometimes walked past the window of an aristocrat's doctor's cat's kennel who possibly had heard the name of some guy's aunty's boss's older look-a-like possibly at-some-point-in-the-past somehow named Moga's cousin?

If so, it sounds completely legit. ;)
No, as in Mogas legit cousin Izzy.

No, as in Mogas legit cousin Izzy.

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to doubt you there, I was just referring to another rumour from a while ago. Your legit cuz seems a good sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • blacknwhite
  • Mister Wright
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Allo
  • sooticus
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • cento
  • theshed
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.