Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have anyone better than Hunt?

That doesn't make him worth more money. That's like giving a shit staff member a raise just because you haven't looked for someone better yet.

That doesn't make him worth more money. That's like giving a shit staff member a raise just because you haven't looked for someone better yet.
Well depends how you want to perceive value.. you can see the value in paying a loyal employee over recruiting someone to replace them. The lack of productivity in the first year alone due to training and lack of experience in the systems at play would outweigh the cost of a pay rise to an existing trained member who has an established understanding.

Why you see players move to a new club and struggle for a while to get used to the new system. Why I'm tipping roberts to explode next year.

Yeah but if the staff member was doing the best job of those available than you would give him a raise to keep him.

Here are the halfbacks off contract at the end of 2017 according to Zero Tackle:

Luke Brooks, Fa'amanu Brown, Mitch Cornish, Zach Dockar-Clay, Jaelen Feeney, Jackson Hastings, Ato Hingano, Ryley Jacks, Shaun Johnson, Luke Kelly, Kyle Laybutt, Mason Lino, Josh McCrone, Darren Nicholls, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Mitchell Pearce, Tyrone Roberts, Jeff Robson, Jonathan Thurston, Gareth Widdop, Kieran Foran

Which of those guys is a realistic chance of coming here and is better than Ben Hunt or better fits the needs of the team better than Ben Hunt?

Last edited:
JT and Widdop if you're talking about complimenting Milford and having a good kicking game/game control.

Ok sorry JT isn't realistic.

Last edited:
Yeah but if the staff member was doing the best job of those available than you would give him a raise to keep him.

Here are the halfbacks off contract at the end of 2017 according to Zero Tackle:

Luke Brooks, Fa'amanu Brown, Mitch Cornish, Zach Dockar-Clay, Jaelen Feeney, Jackson Hastings, Ato Hingano, Ryley Jacks, Shaun Johnson, Luke Kelly, Kyle Laybutt, Mason Lino, Josh McCrone, Darren Nicholls, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Mitchell Pearce, Tyrone Roberts, Jeff Robson, Jonathan Thurston, Gareth Widdop, Kieran Foran

Which of those guys is a realistic chance of coming here and is better than Ben Hunt or better fits the needs of the team better than Ben Hunt?

Just because he's the only guy, doesn't mean you spend more money on him. It has to make business sense. It all depends on what he's asking. If he wants a top halfback salary, he can leave.

JT and Widdop if you're talking about complimenting Milford and having a good kicking game/game control.

?????? Widdop game control and kicking!! You for real ?

Just because he's the only guy, doesn't mean you spend more money on him. It has to make business sense. It all depends on what he's asking. If he wants a top halfback salary, he can leave.

Definitely right. Wouldn't pay him top halfback salary.

Also if he did leave I would look at bringing Ata Himgano to the club as his replacement.

Wouldn't sign Widdop as a halfback as he doesn't possess the organisation side and his kicking game is average.

Those are the players off contract now, just in the NRL, not including Under 20s players and players in Super League, Not to mention a year is a long time, a player can go from zero to hero, or hero to zero very quickly in today's game. Of that list I feel there are several players who would provide at least a similar level to Hunt, at a much reduced cost, Tyrone Roberts and Gareth Widdop are two of those. Players who would actually be considerably better? Probably only Thurston, Pearce and potentially Brooks. All of which are highly unlikely. I am not familiar enough with a lot of the fringe players named to really comment on them, but to be fair, A player with a half way decent kicking game and moderate defensive ability would probably fit our system better than Hunt currently does. It sort of bothers me that he doesn't seem to do the extras at training. I saw an interview a while back and he was saying how impressed he was with (I THINK Ash Taylor) and saying how he spends a lot of extra time on his kicking game etc. and I just thought to myself, "Well why the hell don't you do that?". If he did an extra hour of kicking practice everyday he could be an amazing player. Look at Cronk for example, everyone always says he stays back late and kicks hundreds of balls to get better. I just don't think Hunt does that, and if he does, he is a lot less talented than I thought.

What about supply and demand.....??

Adam Blair just rubbished that Wigan rumour, said he's not going anywhere

Yeah , that's what they all say . And no im not saying he is leaving, just that you can't take there word on contract talk

Yeah , that's what they all say . And no im not saying he is leaving, just that you can't take there word on contract talk
Things change which is understandable... but why is it in his interest to deceive about a downgrade.. makes no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Scdeac
  • ell.d33
  • Broncosarethebest
  • LittleDavey
  • Allo
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Stix
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Gaz
  • davidp
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Wolfie
  • Nerd
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.