Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're running a football team. Not a grocery store.
But you're talking about pricing.. and that is always calculated with supply and demand factored in. Supply of top performing halfbacks to the demand for one.

Yeah but if the staff member was doing the best job of those available than you would give him a raise to keep him.

Here are the halfbacks off contract at the end of 2017 according to Zero Tackle:

Luke Brooks, Fa'amanu Brown, Mitch Cornish, Zach Dockar-Clay, Jaelen Feeney, Jackson Hastings, Ato Hingano, Ryley Jacks, Shaun Johnson, Luke Kelly, Kyle Laybutt, Mason Lino, Josh McCrone, Darren Nicholls, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Mitchell Pearce, Tyrone Roberts, Jeff Robson, Jonathan Thurston, Gareth Widdop, Kieran Foran

Which of those guys is a realistic chance of coming here and is better than Ben Hunt or better fits the needs of the team better than Ben Hunt?

Out of that list there are only 2 that I would say are better than Hunt ... JUST and Foran.

Shaun Johnson has the potential to be. But he needs to start playing more than 10 minutes of footy (after his team has already lost) first.

Things change which is understandable... but why is it in his interest to deceive about a downgrade.. makes no sense

Because it's his business! Keep it behind closed doors until he is ready to announce it .

Only JT, Pearce and perhaps Brooks are better players than Hunt, but about half of that list would be more suitable partners for Milford.

You are right but I could never support a team with Pearce in it. Haha

You are right but I could never support a team with Pearce in it. Haha
Yup, would be hard to swallow, but I'd have more issues with Lodge wearing our strip.

Come back Ash!

Bennett should never have let Taylor go a season early...

Anyone rate Ata Hingano as a foil for Milford?

As he is stuck behind Foran and Johnson now.

Just remember the current halfback market is bare thin. If Brooks is going to get close to 750k then Hunts going to get that as well because he is 10 times the player Brooks is.

Only JT, Pearce and perhaps Brooks are better players than Hunt, but about half of that list would be more suitable partners for Milford.

Brooks? Really? This is entirely why arguing the halfback situation sucks. You guys just make shit up based on nothing. Luke Brooks isn't even close to being on the same level as Hunt. Whilst we're at it, Jeff Robson is a better player than Ben Hunt, right?

Bennett should never have let Taylor go a season early...
Why not? He wasn't going to stand in the way of an opportunity for the kid when one wasn't forthcoming at the Broncos. I am sure Ash is happy he let him go.

Why not? He wasn't going to stand in the way of an opportunity for the kid when one wasn't forthcoming at the Broncos. I am sure Ash is happy he let him go.

It sure was good for him, but would be nice to still have the option to use him at halfback.

Brooks? Really? This is entirely why arguing the halfback situation sucks. You guys just make shit up based on nothing. Luke Brooks isn't even close to being on the same level as Hunt. Whilst we're at it, Jeff Robson is a better player than Ben Hunt, right?
Yes, really.
There's a difference between being the better player and being the better halfback. Hunt certainly is the former for now, but in terms of the halfback position, Brooks is close and will likely be better, as he has the talent and plenty of progression in him.

I'd love SJ if Wayne was capable of getting the best out of him on a consistent basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • barker
  • bb_gun
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • davidp
  • Fozz
  • Santa
  • Jedhead
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • johnny plath
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.