Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/11/22/wests_tigers_2017_pl.html

I really like how open and honest other clubs are with their signings and announcements, take the Tigers for example, the second they re-sign a player they've got an announcement, and they release a fully detailed log of players who have signed, re-signed or been promoted to the NRL squad.. Why can't we do that? I've still got no fucking idea who's on our team for next season.

I really like how open and honest other clubs are with their signings and announcements, take the Tigers for example, the second they re-sign a player they've got an announcement, and they release a fully detailed log of players who have signed, re-signed or been promoted to the NRL squad.. Why can't we do that? I've still got no fucking idea who's on our team for next season.

Wests don't sell (enough) newspapers

What are you talking about? We hear more about our club than any other club does. We even hear about players we aren't actually signing.

If Sandow's game intelligence came anywhere near his talent, he would be close to the best halfback in the game. It is a massive IF though...

If Bennett was able to cut down his brain fades, I'd have him over Hunt in a heartbeat. Splendid kicking game, great goal kicker, not a bad running game at all, and last but not least, Gillett would actually be used as an attacking weapon. An even bigger IF!

I'd have him over Marshall for sure, but it's too late for that.

P.S. Yes, I am that desperate for a proper kicking game. :rolleyes:

You're really that desperate to get rid of Hunt?

Your post is a completely different tune to your comments regarding Sandow the last time there was talk of him being at the Broncos.

NRL clubs are rushing to sign him.....oh wait even the dire in need for attacking improvement please get us halves desperately Dragons have ruled out signing him.

You're really that desperate to get rid of Hunt?

Your post is a completely different tune to your comments regarding Sandow the last time there was talk of him being at the Broncos.
Reading really is an art...

First of all, I am far from desperate to get rid of Hunt. I like the kid, and I think he's a fantastic player with the right attitude and loyalty, which is something I always want to see from a Broncos player.

I am however, desperate for a halfback capable of managing a game, make good 5th tackle decisions, use Gillett in attack and with a reasonably good attacking kicking game. Hunt does NOT meet these criteria.

Does Sandow? When he's on, absolufuckingly!
But how often is that, and how often does he end up losing games for his club because of sheer idiocy? Far too many!

So, only in a world where Bennett was able to fix the above, would I want Sandow to replace Hunt, and let's face it... Bennett is not that good!

Last edited:
http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2016/11/22/teenage_teammates_to.html

Anyone notice in that training video of Macca, Hunt and Mcguire that Hunt was coming last? I think his fitness, or lack thereof, could be a big part in his poor decision making. He gets forced to be involved in a lot of tackles on that right side, party because teams obviously target halves, but also because Gillett seems to require more help than Thaiday/Glenn do on the left edge in terms of 1 on 1 tackles. Maybe if Hunt was a bit fitter he would maintain composure a bit better? I don't see them train everyday or anything like that, but I just seem to feel he is lazy in terms of training. Losing to a prop in fitness based time trial is pretty poor form, and considering his biggest weakness is his kicking game, which is arguably the easiest thing to 'learn' as repetition is key (look at cronk, everyone says he spends 1-2 hours extra each session just kicking). If he wants to be our starting half back, surely he knows the fans are turning on him and everyone is wanting him to lift, why does he not seem top try and improve? he doesn't play like a guy with 166 games of first grade...

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2016/11/22/teenage_teammates_to.html

Anyone notice in that training video of Macca, Hunt and Mcguire that Hunt was coming last? I think his fitness, or lack thereof, could be a big part in his poor decision making. He gets forced to be involved in a lot of tackles on that right side, party because teams obviously target halves, but also because Gillett seems to require more help than Thaiday/Glenn do on the left edge in terms of 1 on 1 tackles. Maybe if Hunt was a bit fitter he would maintain composure a bit better? I don't see them train everyday or anything like that, but I just seem to feel he is lazy in terms of training. Losing to a prop in fitness based time trial is pretty poor form, and considering his biggest weakness is his kicking game, which is arguably the easiest thing to 'learn' as repetition is key (look at cronk, everyone says he spends 1-2 hours extra each session just kicking). If he wants to be our starting half back, surely he knows the fans are turning on him and everyone is wanting him to lift, why does he not seem top try and improve? he doesn't play like a guy with 166 games of first grade...

So you've seen a video where Hunt was behind McGuire and McCullough (2 of the fittest players in the NRL) and you've come to all of those conclusions? What can you tell from looking at the lines on my hands? Fucking hell, you're reaching hard. I don't think anything you said was correct at all and you said a lot. And to top it off you're claiming that during his 166 games he hasn't improved? Excuse the caps lock for a moment..

BEN HUNT WAS THE HALFBACK THAT TOOK US TO THE 2015 GRAND FINAL. HE IS A REALLY GOOD HALFBACK. STOP MAKING SHIT UP AND CLAIMING IT AS FACT.

His 2016 wasn't as good as his 2015 season but almost everyone at the Broncos could say that.

Reading really is an art...

First of all, I am far from desperate to get rid of Hunt. I like the kid, and I think he's a fantastic player with the right attitude and loyalty, which is something I always want to see from a Broncos player.

I am however, desperate for a halfback capable of managing a game, make good 5th tackle decisions, use Gillett in attack and with a reasonably good attacking kicking game. Hunt does NOT meet these criteria.

Does Sandow? When he's on, absolufuckingly!
But how often is that, and how often does he end up losing games for his club because of sheer idiocy? Far too many!

So, only in a world where Bennett was able to fix the above, would I want Sandow to replace Hunt, and let's face it... Bennett is not that good!

Even when Sandow is on, not even one time have I seen him use Gillett in attack. You don't know if he will or not. You're saying things and claiming it as fact. There's more of a chance that he would chip and chase rather than use Gillett more than Hunt would.

Hunt isn't what got us to the Grand Final, Milford is. Hunt sure managed to lose it for us though.

Even when Sandow is on, not even one time have I seen him use Gillett in attack. You don't know if he will or not. You're saying things and claiming it as fact. There's more of a chance that he would chip and chase rather than use Gillett more than Hunt would.
I've seen him put plenty of second rowers into holes, that is a fact. He has the ability and the talent for it. I wish Hunt had half of that...

You are right that there's more a chance he would chip and chase in most occasions, hence the (far-fetched) hypothetical about Bennett getting those brain fades out of his system.

He's a huge waste of talent, worse than David Taylor even. If he had Cronk's mentality, he would probably come close to Alfie as a halfback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• johnyE
  • Ondi
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • kman
  • johnny plath
  • Thelmus
  • Johnny92
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
  • Jedhead
  • Justwin
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.