Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tunza's Chin

Tunza's Chin

QCup Player
Apr 17, 2016
Gurgess on $500k @ Souths - looking to move him on next season.

We know he's got 2014 form in him somewhere - perhaps England's new coach can bring it back out of him? What sort of $$$ would you guys be happy to get him on?

$200k next season, $350kish the next on our cap for a two year deal sounds about right to me... If he's back his best would still be a steal at a tad more $$$

South Sydney Rabbitohs attempting to offload prop Tom Burgess

EDIT: Wrong Twin scrap everything.

Last edited:
jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Last night on NRL360, they mentioned that the Cowboys were trying to lure Jordan Maclean north to replace Tamou.

Should we make a play for him perhaps ?

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Last night on NRL360, they mentioned that the Cowboys were trying to lure Jordan Maclean north to replace Tamou.

He's a bit injury prone..

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
His price would be prohibitive, but I wouldn't be against it. We need a left centre and we need some experience in our backline.

However, we are probably better served spending the money on a couple of big bodies up front.

I agree we need a left centre but we need new forwards and not having these young ones stepping up because they dint have much experience

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015

Don't know if Bennett would do that. He's pretty close to Alex Mckinnon isn't he?

K

Kaschy

U18 Player
Jul 22, 2016
Napa and GI would be great for us maybe a big winger as well so we are strong on both sides oats on

Tunza's Chin

Tunza's Chin

QCup Player
Apr 17, 2016

I don't see him as a pack leader... More along the lines of a McGuire/Offa. Will get through his work and do it well, but less likely to pull off the big hits and powerful runs that other props can that fire up the whole pack.

A smaller prop like Moose, or Offa, who is more mobile with good leg speed, do their best work taking advantage of a quick play against a defensive line not fully set. They can keep the momentum going by eating the 10m up quickly and angling their runs at half gaps that open up in the defense. That is when you sill see McGuire and the likes bending the defensive line and powering through defenders more often... But IMO he's less suited to that initial momentum generating run - he's not incapable - but we would be more suited chasing someone in that mold rather than McLean IMHO.

Do rate the bloke though.

Tunza's Chin

Tunza's Chin

QCup Player
Apr 17, 2016
As for GI sign him up....

We love going left. Even if Greg Inglis' is amputated at the kness on both legs before he arrives, he is still going to help Milford's game so much, and Oates as well. Srsly how much room will Inglis be able to give Milf just by being there in comparison to Reed? The confidence he'd give him, the experience he brings. Indlis D >>>>>> Reed D.

If anyone thinks Inglis is any slower the Reed even with his bung knees please speak up? Our left edge is that potent with that plodder stinking it up on his treadmill, plus McRang couldn't put Oates through the gap in McInness front teeth! Inglis by comparison does it for fun at Origin, and Australian level.

Bennett aint going to break the bank on GI... Well not under the cap anyway... And that is literally the only argument that I can see against this move? Some of the hyperbole in regards to the money we would spend on him is over the top!

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Gurgess on $500k @ Souths - looking to move him on next season.

We know he's got 2014 form in him somewhere - perhaps England's new coach can bring it back out of him? What sort of $$$ would you guys be happy to get him on?

$200k next season, $350kish the next on our cap for a two year deal sounds about right to me... If he's back his best would still be a steal at a tad more $$$

South Sydney Rabbitohs attempting to offload prop Tom Burgess

EDIT: Wrong Twin scrap everything.

Tom has been the mainstay this year with George injured/underperforming. How much that correlates to Souths' form I don't know. But, like all Burgii, they all have flippers for hands.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
As for GI sign him up....

We love going left. Even if Greg Inglis' is amputated at the kness on both legs before he arrives, he is still going to help Milford's game so much, and Oates as well. Srsly how much room will Inglis be able to give Milf just by being there in comparison to Reed? The confidence he'd give him, the experience he brings. Indlis D >>>>>> Reed D.

If anyone thinks Inglis is any slower the Reed even with his bung knees please speak up? Our left edge is that potent with that plodder stinking it up on his treadmill, plus McRang couldn't put Oates through the gap in McInness front teeth! Inglis by comparison does it for fun at Origin, and Australian level.

Bennett aint going to break the bank on GI... Well not under the cap anyway... And that is literally the only argument that I can see against this move? Some of the hyperbole in regards to the money we would spend on him is over the top!

Alot of people, myself included don't want Inglis here. He had his chance to come here in 2010 and spat in the clubs' face instead. Inglis can rot at Souths where he plays 3 or 4 good games a season.

Last edited:
Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Don't know if Bennett would do that. He's pretty close to Alex Mckinnon isn't he?

That actually sounds exactly like something Wayne would do. He loves his little pet projects.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I don't think Bennett has a grudge against McLean or anything. It was just a tackle that went wrong.

Besides, McKinnon is too focused on Smith to care about Jordan.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Napa and GI would be great for us maybe a big winger as well so we are strong on both sides oats on

Kahu and Oates are fine as wingers. It's been observed that kahu doesn't get injured on the wing.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Brenko Lee has signed with the Bulldogs (Just to squash that rumour which arose a couple of months ago)

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
What's this breaking news on channel 9?

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Walters maybe? #guessing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • davidp
  • Midean
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behold
  • HarryAllan7
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.