Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I'd like to see Opacic get a few runs in the centres, where he was meant to play tonight and see if we reallly do need to buy another one. Seems a big enough body and at least is faster than Reed (not that hard obviously) so could cause some problems out wide.

He seemed willing enough and had a decent crack tonight I thought.

Some size, pace and skill on one side (with Oates outside him) and some pace and (hopefully) skill on the other with Roberts and Kahu outside him and it seems like we might be okay for wingers and centres, though we desperately need to find some depth in those areas...

Props and a hooker, yes please.

I think he could take over the left center role. Only thing that worries me is he is yet to sign his contract for next year. I think he will, but you never know.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
I think he could take over the left center role. Only thing that worries me is he is yet to sign his contract for next year. I think he will, but you never know.

I imagine the opportunity for starting left centre would have to help with those contract negotiations...

Giving him the next 5 games (at least) to see if he is worthy of it, wouldn't be the worst idea, IMHO. If he has a shocker and Kahu is back, well that is that...

Last edited:
P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
I imagine the opportunity for starting left centre would have to help with those contract negotiations...

Givimg im the next 5 games (at least) to see if he is worthy of it, wouldn't be the worst idea, IMHO. If he has a shocker and Kahu is back, well that is that...
Last night Tom opacic played very well on the wings. He can play on wings or centre. He deserve a contract as compare to others players.

Last edited:
Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
Anyone think that's it for Jack Reed? Chris Garry was on Twitter saying Broncos looking at Fusitua or Lolohea... Would they be viewed as wingers or to replace Reeds centre position? If they are looking for a centre that could mean that Kahu is also gone and Opacic isn't rated... as talented as Kahu is, personally I'd rather him on the wing as cover for fullback and he's a great finisher. He was awesome last season on the wing and I don't think his body can handle the D in the centres.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I would cream my jeans if we signed either of those.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Kahu can have a long successful career on the wing. He needs to listen to his fragile body.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Anyone think that's it for Jack Reed? Chris Garry was on Twitter saying Broncos looking at Fusitua or Lolohea... Would they be viewed as wingers or to replace Reeds centre position? If they are looking for a centre that could mean that Kahu is also gone and Opacic isn't rated... as talented as Kahu is, personally I'd rather him on the wing as cover for fullback and he's a great finisher. He was awesome last season on the wing and I don't think his body can handle the D in the centres.

Lolohea wants to stay in NZ.

Besides, the money we would have to spend on him, I don't think we should get him.

Lolohea is at his best when he is getting his hands on the ball often and playing on both sides of the field. Fullback or 5/8 are his positions. If he comes here, he'll be stuck on one side of the field and while he may play well, we wouldn't be getting the very best out of him. We wouldn't be getting our money's worth.

I would still be happy if we signed him, but as a footy fan, he should stay at a club where he can play in his preferred roles and we can see the very best of him. The game needs that.

Fusitua, on the other hand, I would take him.

Last edited:
Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
I mentioned Fusitua as a potential target a while ago. Insane finishing ability and strong bringing the ball back...yes please.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Home | Live Scores & Latest News | Fox Sports

Young Brisbane gun Jaydn Su’a looks set to sign a new deal with the club.

While the contract has not been finalised, it’s understood the Junior Kangaroos star will remain in Red Hill in 2017.
The 18-year-old has played four games in the NRL after debuting earlier this year.

K

Kaschy

U18 Player
Jul 22, 2016
Can we sign a big winger and also a good center that can defend please.

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
Peoples thoughts on Lafai and Rona? Lafai is being shopped around apparently and Rona is being pushed out.

Rona and Oates would make a pretty lethal wing pair

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Peoples thoughts on Lafai and Rona? Lafai is being shopped around apparently and Rona is being pushed out.

Lafai is useless
Rona would be acceptable but I wouldn't break the bank for him. He can finish but would command some decent money to clubs in dire needs of outside backs

gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013
Rona is one of the best finishers in the league, why is he being moved on?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
No to Lafai. A big fat NO.

Maybe to Rona. Depends on how much he wants.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Rona absolutely at the right price.

Lafai - not even if he paid us.

broncoboy

broncoboy

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2015
IMO over the few weeks Curtis Rona played centre he looked like a constant threat and looked like a bulldozer to tackle

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I loved Lafai at the Dogs, but he's been close to the worst Centre in the comp at the Dragons, no impact whatsoever.

Yes to Rona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • BRC088
  • Culhwch
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.