Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Lafai was pretty gun at the Dogs, now he's shit.

BruiserMk1

BruiserMk1

NRL Player
Contributor
Sep 9, 2015
It has been rumored that Rona was going to the Western Force but haven't heard anything more about it.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It wouldn't bother me if he doesn't offer much else.

He is a winger. His job is to score tries, that's it.

Last edited:
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Lafai spends more time gelling his hair these days.

Tunza's Chin

Tunza's Chin

QCup Player
Apr 17, 2016
Both of them it is just a matter of price. I'd happily have either of them on our books as depth, but not as first choice. So we if we can get them for the kinda $$$ we want for a depth player great, however I can't see that happening.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The only reason you would want to sign a player like Tim Lafai is because he isn't good enough to play representative football, but good enough to make a difference at club footy. A player like him has to have a pretty good track record with injuries, but Lafai is fairly poor having only completed one full season (2014).

Brisbane already have enough problems getting Jordan Kahu onto the field for any length of time, adding Lafai, a player that seemingly peaked in 2014, isn't a wise investment.

Rona is a quality outside back with an incredible reach that makes him an easy target in the air or close to the line. The biggest issue with Rona is that he likes to play with a loose carry, which is often exploited in the bigger games.

I disagree with the assertion that Rona only comes to life inside the red-zone, his average of 11 runs for 98m is above-average for wingers and his runs inside his side of half-way allows the Bulldogs to dominate field position.

I don't believe his signing would be key but he'd certainly be an improvement over Maranta, Te Rupe, Pearson and the like.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
It has been rumored that Rona was going to the Western Force but haven't heard anything more about it.

Yeah, curiously he started playing in the centres when this rumour came about.

Would be a good, albeit unlikely signing.

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013
What do we all think of Kevin Locke?

Worth a punt?

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

Worth a punt?

When the Warriors bought Tomkins, I wondered why, because Locke was killing it for them at fullback and that was recognised by NZ picking him at fullback.

I thought he was an excellent player, but he hasn't kicked on since then. I wouldn't replace Boyd for him, but if he can play elsewhere in backline, might be worth a punt?

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Worth a punt?

You would have to think he would come cheap and if he is serious about restarting his career then Wayne is the man to help him. Sign him for cheap
andput him on the wing.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

Worth a punt?

If he is happy to play on the wing, or play a utility role.

Fast and can find the try line.

Last edited:
Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013
You would have to think he would come cheap and if he is serious about restarting his career then Wayne is the man to help him. Sign him for cheap andput him on the wing.

That's what I'm thinking. I have zero inside info on this one, but I think he would definitely be worth a shot for a wing spot and would come fairly cheap you would imagine.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
That's what I'm thinking. I have zero inside info on this one, but I think he would definitely be worth a shot for a wing spot and would come fairly cheap you would imagine.

Any word on Dylan Napa coming home?

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

Yep, just read he signed a short contract for some local rugby team in Sydney, but would probably jump at an NRL chance.

If KNikorima were to leave, might be a handy and cheap replacement?

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013

Do you know if we are chasing anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • BRC088
  • Culhwch
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.