Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
..if thats true its on the deep lo down

like benji / WB personal.. player agents arent really speaking his name down here..

unless knights or storm have cap space?? wheres danny when you need him..

Well I can't sleep so:

1. Thurston
2. Cronk
3. Daylight
4. Johnson
5. Pearce
6. Sezer
7. DCE
8. Hunt
9. Reynolds
10. Cleary
11. Mbye
12. Taylor
13. Townsend
14. Brooks
15. Hodkinson
16. Robson
17. Marshall

something like that?
Is Daylight off contract next year? We should make him an offer. Everyone agrees he's the 3rd best and he would probably come cheap.

Is Daylight off contract next year? We should make him an offer. Everyone agrees he's the 3rd best and he would probably come cheap.
Didn't he once play for the Adelaide Rams? He would be a touch too old.

BRONCOS hooker Andrew McCullough has applauded teammate James Roberts for going to rehab in the off-season, as the full Brisbane squad returned for training on Monday morning.While Roberts has been at Red Hill over the last two weeks recovering from knee surgery, McCullough and fellow stars Ben Hunt and Josh McGuire hit the paddock on Monday for their first pre-season session.
And afterwards McCullough was full of praise for Roberts, who spent most of the session working on his fitness with Travis Waddell.
BOMBSHELL: League stars in secret NFL trials
It was the first time Roberts had seen a number of his teammates after he spent several weeks of his off-season in a rehab centre in Thailand dealing with his personal issues.
McCullough said while he had not yet spoken to the centre properly, he could tell he was in a good head space.
f164e6efd9c42650dc58626d2f69f2a2
Ben Hunt and James Roberts at Broncos training. Pic Annette Dew“He’s here and looks fit,” McCullough said.
“For a guy to do that, to put yourself in Thailand for a month, you’re outside your comfort zone. You’re away from your family and normal surroundings.
“It just shows he wants to improve and be a better person on and off the field.
“If he gets that right, his footy will definitely benefit from that. He knows that and doesn’t need to be told again.”
Roberts’ first season with Brisbane ended on a somewhat sour note after he became the subject of an NRL investigation for an alcohol-fuelled incident ahead of the finals.
McCullough was certain though that Roberts would have a better 2017 — something he expects of the whole team.
While the Broncos did not have a poor season — progressing to the semi-finals — McCullough said they already knew what they have to do to go one or two rounds better next year.
“At certain times we think we have to score a lot of points to win games,” he said.
9b336ca67a8182e0acfd5c4ba3b154b6
James Roberts at Broncos training. Pic Annette Dew“We lost our way a little bit with that. There were certain games (last season) where we tried to outscore the opposition whereas the year before we grinded out and held out on with 16-12 or 14-12 scorelines.
“We need to get back to that mentality. We need to back our ability in defence. We need to get that right. If not, it’s going to be a long year for us.”
Originally published as Roberts returns to training after rehab stint

Roberts had knee surgery? That's the first I've heard of that, might explain a bit of his form last season if he was playing on a bung knee.

Dodds looking fit too - for a guy who had a broken leg more than half the season.

Roberts had knee surgery? That's the first I've heard of that, might explain a bit of his form last season if he was playing on a bung knee.

It was a only a clean out.

Might see Keegan Hipgrave get a run this year.

It was a only a clean out.

Still, loose scar tissue and shit floating around in your knee causing discomfort can cause a noticeable difference, especially in someone who relies heavily on their athleticism / speed.

Hopefully he's fully healthy physically and mentally to start next season!

Just reading Chris Sandow has walked out on the Wolves. What do you guys think sign him up, not much game management but best kicking game in the nrl

Just reading Chris Sandow has walked out on the Wolves. What do you guys think sign him up, not much game management but best kicking game in the nrl

Hell no.

As for best kicking game in the NRL.. It's not.

Hunt is by far a better halfback than Sandow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to laugh at the Lurker sometimes...

Still claiming that we are hawking Hunt around. With Para his likely destination.

I have heard a rumour about a rumour from someone who likes to tell rumours and is a reliable sauce provider, Sandow to the Storm. Let's see if this rumour that I may well have made up, makes it way to rumour tellers. Call me...the rat.

I'd love to see Sandow at the Storm. He could be a pretty damn good player under Bellamy and partnered with Cronk and Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Tim K
  • Manofoneway
  • mitch222
  • Broncs1459
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • bazza
  • Dash
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Ondi
  • phoenix
  • BroncosAlways
  • leon.bott
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.