Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Thaiday and Blair comments are classic. Gave me a solid chuckle.

Yep, it is a bit funny. The biggest give away is the bit about his form for Redcliffe. He has only played one game since he came back, he did score one and set one try up though!

So is Peter Badel actually @FaithinHook?

Why would Boyd retire or move position? 1. Boyd, 3. Bird is far better than 1. Bird, 3. Moga/ Oppa (who, I'm sorry, is bog average). Centres aren't as useless as all the detractors of the Bird signing are claiming: just imagine Canberra without BJ, Manly back in the day without Lyon, us without hodges for all of those years.

Agreed.

Renouf
Gidley
Girdler
Meninga
Daley (early)

Gamebreakers, Great runs, Setting up wingers for long range beauties, scoring brilliant tries.

Look how we have been going since Hodgo retired. No accident that we were broken in '16 after exceeding everyone's expectations in '15. I know it wasn't just Hodgo not being there but we could have used him last year - he would have made a huge difference when things started running out of steam and we looked cooked.

Even when Locky was captain Hodgo demanded respect throughout the playing group, especially when the younger guys started to lose their way, he would set them straight with a gobful :)

Miss watching him play.

Last edited:
Agreed.

Renouf
Gidley
Girdler
Meninga
Daley (early)

Gamebreakers, Great runs, Setting up wingers for long range beauties, scoring brilliant tries.

Look how we have been going since Hodgo retired. No accident that we were broken in '16 after exceeding everyone's expectations in '15. I know it wasn't just Hodgo not being there but we could have used him last year - he would have made a huge difference when things started running out of steam and we looked cooked.

Even when Locky was captain Hodgo demanded respect throughout the playing group, especially when the younger guys started to lose their way, he would set them straight with a gobful :)

Miss watching him play.

Yes never truly realised how crucial Hodges was, now l share @broncospwn opinion he was The Broncos.

Also miss the Maranta sprays he used to give. Props to who ever made this l have used it many times and it always made me smile.

Attachments

• 1427803492.jpg
    1427803492.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 96
With the Roosters signing Teddy and the Dogs signing Foran and Woods, both clubs probably need to clear players.

Anyone on either roster worth considering???

Is Frawley from the Dogs worth considering?

With the Roosters signing Teddy and the Dogs signing Foran and Woods, both clubs probably need to clear players.

Anyone on either roster worth considering???

I would cetainly have a a look at Frawley from the Bulldogs if Nikorima doesn't work out. it does seem that Frawley's kicking game is much better than Nikorima's.

From the Roosters i would have a look at getting back Jayden Nikorima (he is reportedly on 400k next seasons and the Rorters are shopping him around so they may pick up some of the TAB for us (would be a nice change). Also Connor Watson could be worth a look. his path way may now be blocked at the Rorters

Not if we have to fork out his full salary.

Sure but any organization that picks him up would be idiots to pay his full salary. The Roosters want him gone and will have to pay part of his salary regardless. I'd be more than happy for us to pay half his wage with the Roosters forking out the other half.

Not if we have to fork out his full salary.

The Roosters are shopping him around (especially now after forking out big $$$ for Tedesco), we should be able to get them to pick up a decent portion of his wage

Either the bench utility or halfback. This kid is an absolute gun, just needs someone to give him a shot which he won't get at the Roosters.

the Roosters blew it for him when they threw him in the deep end (with another rookie half) and expected him to carry the entire team.

He certainly needs a fresh start at a club when he can work his way into the role and not rely on him to carry them ... coming back to us could work wonders for his career.

I still believe him to be the more talented Nikorima brother ... in fact if he hadn't have left, he would be a big chance at the vacant halves position next season

I'd take big Sam Kasiano. The big fatty is a joy to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Morkel
  • Strop
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
  • Griffo
  • Fozz
  • Tim K
  • broncos4life
  • MrMoore
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manifesto
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.