Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, seems as though every other club is in talks with players. In my opinion if we don't sign a go forward prop and a reputable controlling halfback we might find ourselves in the bottom part of the 8.
If we don't sign a 7 we atleast need a utility to cover 7 & 9.
Surely we must have some cash ($700k) if we were going after greedy bags Taylor.

I can't see any major signings happening until end of next season bar the Lodge signing or maybe some depth signings and current player retentions.
We haven't got a dream team assembled but I think what we have could still be a good outfit.
Let's see what Kevvie can do with Milf, Niko, Bird and The Jet.

Last edited:
If that happened we would have had to release a player or two to fit him under the cap...

Unlike the Roosters, we don't keep a spare 700k available under the cap in case a marquee player suddenly becomes available

If that happened we would have had to release a player or two to fit him under the cap...

Unlike the Roosters, we don't keep a spare 700k available under the cap in case a marquee player suddenly becomes available

This is what i don't understand. We for some reason spent 1mil (reported or confirmed?) with Bird. Leaving 750k Boyd, 900-1m Milf - 6.5M left for the other 22. Give or take 5 players on min wage of 80k and we are left with 6.1M for 17 players. An average sum of 350k for the next 3 years!. Thaiday is even on a reported 400k for this year.

I'm close to doing a spreadsheet, but if i did i'm sure we would bust the cap on market value. This is not Waynes style, so either reported salaries are overinflated to keep the market guessing or we really don't have the room for a signing such as Pearce or Kman.

Last edited:
This is what i don't understand. We for some reason spent 1mil (reported or confirmed?) with Bird. Leaving 750k Boyd, 900-1m Milf - 6.5M left for the other 22. Give or take 5 players on min wage of 80k and we are left with 6.1M for 17 players. An average sum of 350k. Thaiday is even on a reported 400k!

I'm close to doing a spreadsheet, but if i did i'm sure we would bust the cap on market value. This is not Waynes style, so either reported salaries are overinflated to keep the market guessing or we really don't have the room for a signing such as Pearce or Kman.

You have to remember that most figures that get “leaked” come from player managers. And they’re always going to be over-inflated because they want to get as much money as possible for their clients.

Let's face it something dodgy is going on at the roosters, how can you release shit and sign two superstars. Nicks brown paper bags.

This is what i don't understand. We for some reason spent 1mil (reported or confirmed?) with Bird. Leaving 750k Boyd, 900-1m Milf - 6.5M left for the other 22. Give or take 5 players on min wage of 80k and we are left with 6.1M for 17 players. An average sum of 350k for the next 3 years!. Thaiday is even on a reported 400k for this year.

Bird is on nowhere near 1 million ... it was initially reported to be 750k before Rothfield got his hands onto the story all opf a sudden the figure has jumped to 1-1.2 million, then the other journalists (and i use that term loosely) keep up the charade and allow Rothfield his delusions

You have to remember that most figures that get “leaked” come from player managers. And they’re always going to be over-inflated because they want to get as much money as possible for their clients.
Player managers and media personalities who want to push the 'Broncos are Over the Cap' narrative that their jobs rely on.

Let's face it something dodgy is going on at the roosters, how can you release shit and sign two superstars. Nicks brown paper bags.
What if they were paying the shit good money? Whatever SKD was on was too much!

Na. I think they're sweet. You're doing the same thing other clubs do to us. Not unbelievable they're under. Players do sign there cause they're a stronger club. Like us

I would love to see a breakdown or analysis of our teams market/known salaries. How are we struggling to fill positions i.e. Left centre (supposedly bird not playing there, prop depth and a half with not much room in our cap?

I would love to see a breakdown or analysis of our teams market/known salaries. How are we struggling to fill positions i.e. Left centre (supposedly bird not playing there, prop depth and a half with not much room in our cap?
I think we have room in our cap, just don't have the right off contact players to fill the voids.

Market value when they signed their contract would be even better. Journalist and rival fans sensationalise player values by conviently upping player prices when they have a break out year even when they signed their current deal 3 years ago when they weren't playing first grade, but mention the ones that decline signed their deal in their prime..

It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out. IIRC, in the wake of the Storm saga (that itself learned from the Bulldogs saga), you can’t just alter the contract values of players unless it is part of an upgrade / extension. So it won’t be possible for a bunch of existing players to suddenly accept less money so Cronk can be shoehorned in. The fact that they claim to have been significantly under the cap last year will play some part in them having room for Cronk, but the simple matter is that unless they had a full million available under the cap, they will have to release players.

Like the Raiders and Bulldogs, they’ll be given until pretty much kick-off 2018 to comply, so they have time.

The fun part will be that they’ll have been claiming X player took less money to play for the Roosters, yet in order for them to free up money they’ll then want to claim that those players were worth as much as possible if they are to be released. All of a sudden we’ll discover that some promising rookie who was thought to be there on minimal dollars was in fact taking up $400k of the cap, and releasing them will free up enough for Cronk.

What if they were paying the shit good money? Whatever SKD was on was too much!
Na. I think they're sweet. You're doing the same thing other clubs do to us. Not unbelievable they're under. Players do sign there cause they're a stronger club. Like us
They released Guerra say circa 650, Evans 450 from memory and SKD circa 500. Also carter, Watson and Liam knight all on small deals. They upgraded Napa to 800 as we were going hard after him, Matterson would of also received a decent upgrade and Ferguson. And signed 2 mil worth of talent on top, plus base contracts to make up the numbers for the other few who left the 30 man squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • Lurker
  • The Don
  • BroncoFan94
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • TimWhatley
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • leon.bott
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • MrMoore
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.