Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are contributing anything to his wage i have no respect for broncos management. They held all the power in that negotiation (roberts eager to leave, us not to panicked about the salary cap at that time) and if we are paying anything, they are truely useless.

Last edited:
If we are contributing anything to his wage i have no respect for broncos management. They held all the power in that negotiation (roberts eager to leave, us not to panicked about the salary cap at that time) and if we are paying anything, they are truely useless.
I'm not sure that's right. Firstly, we did have cap issues if you believe the coach.
Secondly, if Roberts comes to White and says, "I'm not happy here but if you don't want to release me, I'll hang around Q Cup and collect my pay cheque", we'd be better off taking a hit to get rid of him. Not saying that happened, just a scenario.

looking forward to resigning our only Antartic International player for next few seasons....
[automerge]1568417834[/automerge]
well word on the street is Storm are looking to resign Papa to a long term deal...so whilst im not a expert of Melbournes salary cap you'd have to believe they would probably rather Croft go to free up cap space for Papas signature...

So in such a scenario he'd be available I guess...

But, is he a better bet than Paix..??I mean it seems to me his role in the Storm side was always constrained and limited....but he couldn't even do that right apparently../?

Id say signing Croft comes with its own set of risks..

I found out last week the Cows could have signed Papenhauzen early in the year but Green didnt want him.

I found out last week the Cows could have signed Papenhauzen early in the year but Green didnt want him.
So instead they signed the guy who wasn't as good as him.

I would say it's plausible that broncs would foot the bill for Roberts this year, but only if the deal was we foot it this year, but pay **** all next year as was said by the source... we weren't looking to go into the market for this year's cap so what we pay this year has already been accounted for, but we wanted to clear up salary for next year and beyond.

The alternative if we don't take that deal is he hangs around as a toxic person within the squad and also we are still paying his wages for the next 2 years... who else but Bennett would be willing to take him and take his salary off our books for the next 2 years

Last edited:
I would say it's plausible that broncs would foot the bill for Roberts this year, but only if the deal was we foot it this year, but pay **** all next year as was said by the source... we weren't looking to go into the market for this year's cap so what we pay this year has already been accounted for, but we wanted to clear up salary for next year and beyond.

The alternative if we don't take that deal is he hangs around as a toxic person within the squad and also we are still paying his wages for the next 2 years... who else but Bennett would be willing to take him and take his salary off our books for the next 2 years

I mean, he left mid season which means we had to have technically footed some of the bill because we had to pay him for his time at our club.

They keep shouting the story he was offered to everyone in the pre-season and no one wanted him.

He hadn't showed too much for the Falcons last year and I don't blame clubs for saying no thanks. The field goal against Norths was pretty much his highlight reel.

If Walters joins the Tigers then I doubt they let Croft go too. That would leave Hughes, Munster and Johns in their 30 and Hynes on their Development list.

Johns isn't ready for NRL yet, so they're a bit thin without Croft and he has next year and another mutual option after that.

If Walters joins the Tigers then I doubt they let Croft go too. That would leave Hughes, Munster and Johns in their 30 and Hynes on their Development list.

Johns isn't ready for NRL yet, so they're a bit thin without Croft and he has next year and another mutual option after that.
Is Croft worth persuing, or do you think taking on half of Foran's wage bill would be a better bet?

I think we should look at Croft, he comes from a winning culture, he is still young but has a bit of experience.

At the right price he would absolutely add to our squad, with Milf at 6, Croft at 7, Turpin at 9, Bird at 1 we look a whole lot better.

He has a decent kicking game looks confident enough to manage the team around. Let Milf just do his thing from 6 and bring Bird into the game from fullback.

I like what I've seen from Deardon but he is still very young.

Bird is on way too much money to sit in the centres so he has to be either 6 or 1 but Milf adds more at 6 for me.

Darius i'm hoping will do the right thing and call it a day.

I mean, he left mid season which means we had to have technically footed some of the bill because we had to pay him for his time at our club.

Which might mean that what the Souths guy said is the truth, but is misleading. We PAID the majority of his salary simply because he was with us for the majority of this playing-year (November onwards). But since he left we haven’t paid him a cent.

Is Croft worth persuing, or do you think taking on half of Foran's wage bill would be a better bet?

...thing with Foran, if you have some idea of what this guy has gone through in terms of family, injuries & addictions....I think he'd be very grateful just to have the chance to lay some roots with his family at this stage of his career.

Not sure if given the option he would move away from Sydney you know; sure the Dogs might like to move him but if push comes to shove he'd probably stay in Sydney (like they all do) and go to another Sydney club.

Ill never say never of course but this is a 10% chance of happening for mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • BroncosMan
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Kev_Guz
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.