Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to mention this the other day when the Foran discussion came up, from memory, someone called him bad / not good anymore. That's false imo, he's actually been good this season.

Remember, these numbers are at the Bulldogs, with absolutely no firepower to work with and usually horrible field position for the majority of the game.

Foran 2020: 14 games - 4 tries, 12 try assists, 9 line-break assists

Let's compare that to a few other players this year..

Milford 2020: 13 games - 1 try, 4 try assists, 1 line-break assist
Croft 2020: 14 games - 1 try, 1 try assist, 0 line-break assists
Taylor 2020: 16 games - 1 try, 11 try assists, 10 line-break assists
Norman 2020: 16 games - 4 tries, 5 try assists, 7 line-break assists
Nikorima 2020: 16 games - 2 tries, 11 try assists, 7 line-break assists
Brooks 2020: 16 games - 3 tries, 3 try assists, 5 line-break assists
Townsend 2020: 11 games - 1 try, 9 try assists, 6 line-break assists
Pearce 2020: 17 games - 2 tries, 8 try assists, 8 line-break assists
G.Williams 2020: 17 games - 4 tries, 11 try assists, 2 line-break assists
A.Reynolds 2020: 18 games - 6 tries, 4 try assists, 6 line-break assists
Moses 2020: 14 games - 3 tries, 4 try assists, 2 line-break assists
D.Brown 2020: 16 games - 4 tries, 5 try assists, 3 line-break assists

I think you guys get the point. Outside of the top 5 halves in the entire NRL, nobody has performed as well as Foran this year, and they've all got vastly superior attacking weapons to utilise.

I think he'd be a seriously good short-term partner for Dearden, at least for a couple of years.
And that doesn’t even include his kicking game.

I forgot to mention this the other day when the Foran discussion came up, from memory, someone called him bad / not good anymore. That's false imo, he's actually been good this season.

Remember, these numbers are at the Bulldogs, with absolutely no firepower to work with and usually horrible field position for the majority of the game.

I think you guys get the point. Outside of the top 5 halves in the entire NRL, nobody has performed as well as Foran this year, and they've all got vastly superior attacking weapons to utilise.

I think he'd be a seriously good short-term partner for Dearden, at least for a couple of years.
Okay, well shit you’ve changed my mind. Well played.

Hard to argue with 👍

But also, gees this highlights how Milford and Croft have been catastrophic duds this year.

Your post proves if you’re good enough you can still have impact rather than have every excuse under the sun rolled out as to why you aren’t delivering (including how bad those around you are / how poor the coaching is).

Fifita all over again. **** them.
Have they not learned anything. Lockyer.

different situations ...

as of right now, we don't have a coach ... most players (and clubs for that matter) won't sign anything without a coach in place.

the players wan't to know who they'll be playing for, before committing

the clubs won't want to lock players in, in case the new coach doesn't want them, because then they have issues offloading said player if they need to.

People used to give McGuire so much shit for it in the past. I'm still not 100% sure if it's on the hooker/halves, the coaching (even since the Bennett days) or players like McGuire, Lodge and Carrigan themselves. Maybe a combination of all those things.
It's the standard setup of most teams... half either side of the field and one of the middles acts as a pseudo halfback to take it to the line and shuffle it along.

It's been in vogue ever since Hasler had success with it at the dogs through Graham.

It's so blatantly telegraphed as the ball will just follow the fullback for a block play/sweep and the ball playing middle generally has no ball playing ability at all... we've been doing it since 2016 Blair, McGuire, Lodge, etc. and probably before that with Griffinball... maybe we have only had a reprieve in 2015??

Green done it with Asiata, McGuire, etc. at the cows

It's a blight on the game and just garbage coaching if it's not suited to the team

At least if Kevvie comes in we may go back to 2015 style and have the halves linking with each other

Last edited:
different situations ...

as of right now, we don't have a coach ... most players (and clubs for that matter) won't sign anything without a coach in place.

the players wan't to know who they'll be playing for, before committing

the clubs won't want to lock players in, in case the new coach doesn't want them, because then they have issues offloading said player if they need to.
Sorry..,.crap.
We’re talking about players we need to sign now. If our incoming coach doesn’t want these players ..,... we don’t want him.

Hard to argue with 👍

But also, gees this highlights how Milford and Croft have been catastrophic duds this year.

Your post proves if you’re good enough you can still have impact rather than have every excuse under the sun rolled out as to why you aren’t delivering (including how bad those around you are / how poor the coaching is).

I’m watching this game with Manly and every offload, who is in support - DCE. A million dollar half is in everything. Milford? Turning his back or hiding.

I just read that we past up on Brimson when he was coming through the ranks? If that’s true that’s just another major fucking giant awesome TICK in our amazing recruitment.

I just read that we past up on Brimson when he was coming through the ranks? If that’s true that’s just another major fucking giant awesome TICK in our amazing recruitment.

brimson was a Brisbane boy playing with keebra , much like Fifita. Not sure on timing but we had, dearden, Tboyd and paix as our half options. Not sure if we needed Brimson aswell, is still yet to be seen how he turns out .

I don't really care about missing on good young players recruiting anymore. It seems we can't win regardless. We sign these kids to big contracts based on potential and they go to shit. We develop our best talent to come through our ranks for a while and the Titans just go and sign him anyway. What's the point? Why even bother bringing young guys in at all? Just buy from other clubs.

Last edited:
I don't really care about missing on good young players recruiting anymore. It seems we can't win regardless. We sign these kids to big contracts based on potential and they go to shit. We develop our best talent to come through our ranks for a while and the Titans just go and sign him anyway. What's the point? Why even bother bringing young guys in at all? Just buy from other clubs.
This..
What is the point NRL. Say what you will about the Broncos but for community and junior team engagement they do more then anyone else. Where's the reward for GROWING THE GAME. That's exactly what this stuff does, yes it gets the juniors in the door but what is the point of it with the salary cap. The roosters have TWO junior sides that play out of the souffs district and they are about to possibly be 3 x premiers. The Panthers, warriors and Broncos, between them, haven't won a premiership in 14 years ffs! Even the storm, where are there juniors?! They have had 20 years to develop Victorian players ffs.

We need to get our systems in place before we go worrying about recruiting.

As frustrating as it appears sometimes, being a ‘development club’ is a process well worth sticking to.. You at least give yourself first crack at (who you think will be) the best youngsters as they come off your production line and you can usually keep players for less money than other clubs need to throw at them to prize them away..

Hey that's what the Rorters do and it works for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Pablo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.