Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Papalii signed on with the raiders until 2024. Was there ever any substance to him wanting back to QLD or just journos talking out there asses? How can they get away with just making up random shit? Surely there must be some professional journalism standard or code of conduct they must adhere too which outlines that shit cannot be plucked from the air and fed to the public?

I see Papalii signed on with the raiders until 2024. Was there ever any substance to him wanting back to QLD or just journos talking out there asses? How can they get away with just making up random shit? Surely there must be some professional journalism standard or code of conduct they must adhere too which outlines that shit cannot be plucked from the air and fed to the public?
There was plenty of substance. Papalii said his parents are getting older and his family is in QLD so it's a factor in his decision. He played the media, they followed, Raiders probably paid a bit more because of it, manager and Papalii win.

Chris Garry did tweet that there is more to the story than the Raiders made out fwiw.

Do you reckon there is a chance we could get Moose back? I wonder if Payten wants to keep such a forward heavy squad.
He'd be great for us as a player, only if cowboys chip in though considering he's got a big salary. But it's his personality off the field that needs to be considered from all reports.
He didn't get along with a few players I believe (?).
Then again, who gives a shit what these players like/don't like after some of the efforts they have put in this year. Maybe they'd benefit from his attitude towards them...

I knew it! It’s all a conspiracy!

He'd be great for us as a player, only if cowboys chip in though considering he's got a big salary. But it's his personality off the field that needs to be considered from all reports.
He didn't get along with a few players I believe (?).
Then again, who gives a shit what these players like/don't like after some of the efforts they have put in this year. Maybe they'd benefit from his attitude towards them...
No way. He got binned today swearing at a ref when his team already had a penalty. He can stay where he is. We need senior leaders not senior players with poor discipline

Nico Hynes was good this arvo. I could see him as the starting FB for half the teams in the comp atm. Unfortunately we need experience, or at the very least x-factor in that position.

No way. He got binned today swearing at a ref when his team already had a penalty. He can stay where he is. We need senior leaders not senior players with poor discipline

**** it, I'm in. Someone needs to stand up for the cheating pieces of shit, he was getting wrestled to **** on the ground by the Storm players and the ref just dead-eye lets them get away with it. I'd be happy to cop some sin-bins and fines if we actually stand up for ourselves and demand fair treatment.

It's entirely possible the backlash against Moose by the playing ranks was a symptom of entitled rookies who didn't have the balls to stand up for themselves, and that's showing on the field right now. Bring him back and let him bash the rest of our pack in to shape.

I believe Newcastle feel that Macca was tremendous for them and since being injured the previously high flying Newcastle have slumped so I'm guessing they definitely want him again for next season.

Truthfully, we've missed him too. He kept the middle very solid and I for one think I didn't value that highly enough.
You understand why Macca went there though right?

They already have a guy they paid good money to get to the club who broke down with an ACL paving the way for Macca to get a look in. That won’t be the case for 2021 and that makes Macca a fairly expensive backup Dummy Half for the Knights to take on.

You understand why Macca went there though right?

They already have a guy they paid good money to get to the club who broke down with an ACL paving the way for Macca to get a look in. That won’t be the case for 2021 and that makes Macca a fairly expensive backup Dummy Half for the Knights to take on.
Well, should Macca be available for us it won't be a bad thing. Even though he's only serviceable in attack it's our defence in the middle that's poor and he certainly helps out there.

Any chance I can get some thoughts on how much you lads/lasses think Staggs is worth? What would you be willing to re-sign him for?

Any chance I can get some thoughts on how much you lads/lasses think Staggs is worth? What would you be willing to re-sign him for?

There are very few gun centres running around and for all his defensive issues, he is definitely one of them, so I imagine that pushes his value up. The problem is that the club still hasn't re-signed him and he is 6 weeks from being on the open market, this is extremely concerning. As mentioned above, our side has very few genuine game breakers as you guys poached one of the three we had. Staggs and TPJ are all that are left.

That's a tough one. The media are talking him up as an Origin candidate, but at the moment he is incredibly raw. Not only is he capable of some awful reads in defence, even in attack he has his fair share of brain explosions and low-percentage gambles. Make no mistake, I want to keep him, and think he'll be elite if he is able to have that coached out of him, but at the moment he is not worth as much as he'll be able to get from a desperate club.

I would say a 2 year $450k deal would be what he's actually worth. Too much of a gamble to risk more money or years IMO.

Nico Hynes was good this arvo. I could see him as the starting FB for half the teams in the comp atm. Unfortunately we need experience, or at the very least x-factor in that position.

I wouldn't call him that great. Was nowhere to be seen on the Marsters try (basically just jogging) and missed a pretty easy tackle on holmes when he scored to. Pretty sure Bellamy hooked him from fullback when Holmes scored as Munster was at the back after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manlyman
  • Browny
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • marw
  • Gaz
  • Mighty Bronx
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Santa
  • Stix
  • Dazza 92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • RodF
  • ell.d33
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.