Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why are we waiting until now to find a new CEO?
Spot on. What I really don’t understand is when Paul decided to move on ( if he was any sort of CEO) why he didn’t drive the agenda to find his own replacement.
We know the place is fucked - but really.

I don’t think Ben Ikin is getting the CEO position... On Fox sports he was talking very bitterly and angrily about the broncos not addressing the issues properly... Just the way he was speaking was very odd to me

I don’t think Ben Ikin is getting the CEO position... On Fox sports he was talking very bitterly and angrily about the broncos not addressing the issues properly... Just the way he was speaking was very odd to me
Yeah, I got that feeling.

Hopefully that wasn't just Boyd's last Broncos game, hopefully these guys follow him out the door:

Joffa
Joppa
Oates
Teo
Arthars
Croft
SOS
Milford
Glenn

Hopefully that wasn't just Boyd's last Broncos game, hopefully these guys follow him out the door:

Joffa
Joppa
Oates
Teo
Arthars
Croft
SOS
Milford
Glenn

Add Bird to that list and you've got give or take 3 - 3.5 million dollars worth of cap freed up just like that. That is a BIG part of our problem at the moment, way too many spuds too comfortable in their own skins on way too much money.

but those clubs aren't bottom of the table Foordy....how much of a wake up call do we need...!

In my opinion, we are already way behind where we should be in turning things around......and ill stand by that...
Cowboys, Bulldogs, and Broncos ... three of the 5 clubs to sack their coaches... and occupy the bottom 3 spots on the ladder.

The Dragons and Warriors aren't much higher.

And none of those clubs are also trying to recruit a new CEO.

Besides, you're a fool if you think that they parted ways from Seibs, then sat on their hands until today, before starting the process.

Given the player market this season, it wouldn't really matter if they hired their new coach the day after seibs left. There was never much there to begin with, we were always going to be stuck with what we have until the end of next year ... hopefully our new strength and conditioning team can keep some our players on the field next year instead of filling the hospital wards

I know it's harsh on staggs consider ok ng his efforts this year in a beaten side but...

I think we need to put a deadline on him with the contract given his injury. Fifita played the game with us right until his rehab was complete. Obviously we would still rehab him properly (hello sharks), but there are long term and short term views to rehab that effect the immediate decisions. Especially at the professional sporting level!

I have no doubt Fifita and his team knew this and I'm a little worried staggs may just do the same....

Joffa
Joppa
Oates
Teo
Arthars
Croft
SOS
Milford
Glenn

Add Kennar, Kennedy and Isaako to the list pronto.

Last edited:
I’ve actually been very impressed with Kennar.

Not worth persisting with, has taken over a year to show remotely anything and even then at best he's done a job. His crowning achievement was not dropping the ball when Cleary targeted him.

The backs are the Broncos biggest weakness, stick with a couple of prospects and gut the rest.

Not worth persisting with, has taken over a year to show remotely anything and even then at best he's done a job. His crowning achievement was not dropping the ball when Cleary targeted him.

The backs are the Broncos biggest weakness, stick with a couple of prospects and gut the rest.

I’m talking for depth, goodness me I want most of the side replaced, they aren’t first choice first grade standard but I do agree with you that coaching, medicals department and fitness regime are probably last in the league along with the playing group.

Keen to hold on to Isaako until the end of his contract, but agree with everyone else, let them all leave, useless.

I’m talking for depth

Brisbane can do better.

Would rather not waste money on Maihera 2.0 and giving whoever the first choice pick a free ride. It'll be Waddell all over again.

Keen to hold on to Isaako until the end of his contract, but agree with everyone else, let them all leave, useless.

Jamayne seems like a great guy, I truly feel for him during these times but so many of the Broncos issues can be pinned and how awful he is working the ball inside their own half. Ever since that Easter 2018 game, he's had far too many clangers where he just turns the ball over in prime field position. He had one shot at fullback (he should have had it in 2019...) and he blew it in the pre-season.

Send him back to Rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Shane Tronc
  • sooticus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • teampjta
  • Lurker
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.