Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve actually been very impressed with Kennar.
Kennar has tried his heart out, but his super best games are barely meeting the requirements of being classified as a stock standard NRL player. He has been one of our more 'secure' players under the bomb but when you look at what he has to measure up to at present that is not hard. He never breaks the line on carries back and is invariably stopped dead and pushed backwards when coming out of our end.

He does put his hand up and seems to have no fear of taking the first hitup, but it is just so ineffectual that it ends up being a wasted tackle. He does make very few mistakes, but as a winger having good ball security covers the minimum of requirements - looking at you Oates!

The way the refs have reffed our games this year it makes me feel that it's taken a few years for us to be punished by the NRL for leading the superleague wars (as they had to be seen to be behaving evenhandedly when the comp came together) but it feels like they are finally determined to make our lives a misery. I can't rationalise why there has been such a huge bias towards us from all sections of the NRL, so I'm putting it down to bad blood lingering on form those days.

I mean in the week we are lining up to collect the spoon, the Dolphins are boasting they have $100 mil in assests and looking to sign Benny as their inaugural coach. The timing did not go un-noticed. News-limited have been served notice and so far they strike me as being totally impotent in the new war to finish off the Broncos.

Kennar was a Seibold project and I think once his time was up it was only a matter of time before Kennar needed to start looking for a new employer too.

Isaako can be released too provided we can find someone to take on his contract. If we can't then I'm happy enough to persist with him for now. Even if he isn't a starter he's probably good enough to keep up some pressure on whoever the incumbent player is. He's also a Centre by trade and that's one position we are very thin on the ground in so if I was him I'd be doing everything I could do to put my hand up for a shot there at some point in 2021.

He's also an incredibly clutch goal kicker which we desperately need, so I'm happy to give him some more time to come good given some of the massive personal obstacles that have plagued his last two seasons will hopefully not be such a serious issue going forward.

Not worth persisting with, has taken over a year to show remotely anything and even then at best he's done a job. His crowning achievement was not dropping the ball when Cleary targeted him.

The backs are the Broncos biggest weakness, stick with a couple of prospects and gut the rest.

I think we should lock down Herbie for that right wing spot

I think we should lock down Herbie for that right wing spot

Too many skills for mine. Better used at centre. I also think it's worth a shot trialling him at FB. LAst night, with very limited opportunities, he showed how well he moves, so balanced and quick off the mark, and quick in general.

I don’t see him as a centre at all, tbh. Wing or potentially fullback.

Well, I for one will be most interested to see how he goes in whatever position he plays. Love his style and his skills - reminds me a bit in the way he moves and his footie smarts of Jamie Lyon, or even Renouf. Give him quality ball in a well worked edge before judging.

Last edited:
I just don’t see him drawing his man and setting up his winger well, as a centre really should be able to do instinctively.

Work in progress for mine. Like ¾ of the roster. Given how mostly, we had no idea how to set up an edge, I will reserve judgement until we do.

Too many skills for mine. Better used at centre. I also think it's worth a shot trialling him at FB. LAst night, with very limited opportunities, he showed how well he moves, so balanced and quick off the mark, and quick in general.

When I think of skills for a centre, I think passing game and being able to set up your winger. The balance and other attributes like that would be preferable on the wing when it hopefully comes to scoring tries with little space to work with.

Here we go. Walters getting stooged again.

Broncos should target Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow from the Cowboys to play FB
Why not.
The Cows denied us a win in 2014 - nine's.
Denied us premiership in 2015.
Put us out of the finals in 2016.
Handed us the wooden spoon last night.
Lets take their future best..

When I think of skills for a centre, I think passing game and being able to set up your winger. The balance and other attributes like that would be preferable on the wing when it hopefully comes to scoring tries with little space to work with.

Again, agree 100%. A centre's passing game is key, however, I don't think it is a passing game equivalent to that we expect of a half. What matters to me is the skills Herbie has to beat a first defender on either side with balance and speed off the mark which are for mine, classic centre skills. Anyway, all I am saying is that he is very young, little experience and thus a work in progress.

Walters coach moving forward and Bellamy coaching director... Bellamys been saying for ages he’s nearly ready to hang the clipboard up. Great fucking retirement bolster, moving to Qld, stepping back a bit and getting minted.

what are you whinging about now ...

Bellamy is retiring from coaching at the end of next season ... he'd be working part time (his words) as a coaching director, will probably help in recruitment retention as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Porthoz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Aldo
  • Justwin
  • Bronco bob
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Redux
  • Mr Fourex
  • Kev_Guz
  • Midean
  • Morkel
  • Johnny92
  • Dazza 92
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.