Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Media driven agendas aside, sign Taylor whatever the cost.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
There is a pattern emerging as far as Taylor's behaviour is concerned. First the Elgey situation, now the Henry rumour...it could be hot air but it's something to be mindful of heading into November 1st.

Moving right along, if the Market Place can be trusted, that will be a nice coup for the Broncos. As disappointed as I am to lose Arrow, Carrigan is from the same mould.
Two isolated incidents do not a pattern make... especially when there is absolutely no quote or reliable source for them.

I'll trust my knowledge of the young bloke and Wayne's mentoring, with whom Ash still talks very frequently, before the usual OZ Sports Journalistic trash.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Kent also said that Proctor, Peats and Ryan James, all fronted the board together and declared for Henry.
No matter where the truth lies it's too messy to recover from unless one or both are sacked.

If it were me I would shop Hayne to the highest bidder and cop the difference on my cap. Cut the cancer out and wear 12 months of a part payment.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
If it were me I would shop Hayne to the highest bidder and cop the difference on my cap. Cut the cancer out and wear 12 months of a part payment.

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree, I think the Titans issue would be that I don't think a single team in the NRL wants him, for any amount of money.

You have a look through the 15 other rosters for next season, there's very few, if any, who Hayne could play Fullback for and drastically improve and/or make them a premiership contender. I think the Titans just have to bite the bullet and pray that he pulls his head out of his ass for next season. (Not going to happen, he's permanently a flog since returning from the U.S.)

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
French Rugby apparently is still an option but the Tits will have to cop the cap difference just the same.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
French Rugby apparently is still an option but the Tits will have to cop the cap difference just the same.

Apparently French rugby doesn't even enforce training. Would be perfect environment for the Hayne pain.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Eels have French and Gutherson but both can play elsewhere.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Just going all the way back to the Slothfield comment that GC are happy to sack Henry based solely on financials and copping the $400k rather than Hayne's $1.2m... which has effectively kicked all this shit up I.e. board about to sack Henry, Atay and Elgey calling for heads, etc.

I just can't comprehend how this would be the approach the tits would make even if it is financially based. The NRL covers the cost of the salary cap therefore Hayne's cost is sunk regardless. There is also the opportunity of another team taking some of his contract. Whereas Henry's cost is all on them not to mention hiring a new coach and Henry's contract can't be subsidised by another team.

Seems to me Slothfield is coming up with 1+1 = scotch + coke and 500 words... but the ramifications of him just throwing shit in the air is hugely detrimental to a current coach.

If it turns out to be wrong yet again... he'll get away with it, with no retractions and no consequences back on him.

Dead set if I made as many mistakes as him I'd be out of a job a long time ago yet he's sitting pretty as the editor in chief... what the ****???

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
Chris garry saying we might be after todd carney for next year .......

**** that

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Chris garry saying we might be after todd carney for next year .......

**** that

Worrying because Garry is generally pretty good. Not sure of how he's gone since going to Ch7 though

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
Just going all the way back to the Slothfield comment that GC are happy to sack Henry based solely on financials and copping the $400k rather than Hayne's $1.2m... which has effectively kicked all this shit up I.e. board about to sack Henry, Atay and Elgey calling for heads, etc.

I just can't comprehend how this would be the approach the tits would make even if it is financially based. The NRL covers the cost of the salary cap therefore Hayne's cost is sunk regardless. There is also the opportunity of another team taking some of his contract. Whereas Henry's cost is all on them not to mention hiring a new coach and Henry's contract can't be subsidised by another team.

Seems to me Slothfield is coming up with 1+1 = scotch + coke and 500 words... but the ramifications of him just throwing shit in the air is hugely detrimental to a current coach.

If it turns out to be wrong yet again... he'll get away with it, with no retractions and no consequences back on him.

Dead set if I made as many mistakes as him I'd be out of a job a long time ago yet he's sitting pretty as the editor in chief... what the ****???

Rothfield is not going anywhere anytime soon if his father is any guide. His old man retired from being a GP last year at age 94! He practised medicine for 71 years!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Rothfield is not going anywhere anytime soon if his father is any guide. His old man retired from being a GP last year at age 94! He practised medicine for 71 years!

Those are often the worst GPs, once they get to a certain age they just refuse to learn anything new. Feel sorry for the patients.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Those are often the worst GPs, once they get to a certain age they just refuse to learn anything new. Feel sorry for the patients.

Ease up on the bloke, they save peoples lives every day. Don't think for one minute they don't give a shit about people and refuse this kind of stuff. I know Doctors in their early 80s and they are still some of the best GPs going around. They don't work fulltime but still work to keep small regional communities going. They aren't expected to be heart surgeons at that age but they more than handle their job.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I would take Todd Carney in a heartbeat. He's former Daly m winner and in our great environment would flourish beside Milford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• azza.79
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • broncoscope
  • marw
  • Fozz
  • Evander
  • john1420
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.