Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nightwatchman

NYC Player
Aug 16, 2016
The fact the Broncos aren't listed as chasing him is a concern for me. We are linked to fucking everyone, and the fact we need a HB and still aren't being talked about.... worrying.

Broncos CEO Paul White in the Courier Mail today ruled out signing Mitchell Pearce suggesting Broncos don't have the cap space.

“Obviously it would be Wayne’s call, but it (signing Pearce) is not something that is on our mind,” White said. “We are as shocked as anyone by his situation.

“There are stories in the papers, but it’s a story for Mitchell and the Roosters. He is a Sydney boy and I don’t know if he would even contemplate moving to Queensland.

“Ultimately it’s a decision for the coach (Bennett), but we have our halves pretty well settled and we don’t have the space in our cap for a marquee signing.

“We have some capacity (in the salary cap), which is good practice, but we aren’t in the market for a marquee signing, which Mitchell would be.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/c04c1314655eb96de8d92d6fdb572159

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Broncos CEO Paul White in the Courier Mail today ruled out signing Mitchell Pearce suggesting Broncos don't have the cap space.

“Obviously it would be Wayne’s call, but it (signing Pearce) is not something that is on our mind,” White said. “We are as shocked as anyone by his situation.

“There are stories in the papers, but it’s a story for Mitchell and the Roosters. He is a Sydney boy and I don’t know if he would even contemplate moving to Queensland.

“Ultimately it’s a decision for the coach (Bennett), but we have our halves pretty well settled and we don’t have the space in our cap for a marquee signing.

“We have some capacity (in the salary cap), which is good practice, but we aren’t in the market for a marquee signing, which Mitchell would be.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/c04c1314655eb96de8d92d6fdb572159

Yeah this is being thrown around a bit. I see a few issues.

1. No one ever admits they're chasing a player.
2. Paul White doesn't operate the football side of things
3. If Wayne wants him, Wayne will find the space.

He has 2 years to run on a contract. Whoever gets him will not be paying his full wage.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Waiting..............still waiting.........

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
its a strange one. I'd take Pearce's skillset and playing ability in an instant. I think he would fit perfectly into our squad and be great for Milford. But I hate the idea of having Pearce at our club.

I think I'll stick with Kodi thanks.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
If Roosters really need to move Pearce to free salary, that’s our only hope of signing him because the club would have to pay a great part of his wage. Roosters more likely want him to just walk out of the club so we can’t pay his full wage.

S

Sanjit Joseph

NYC Player
Oct 21, 2017
If Roosters really need to move Pearce to free salary, that’s our only hope of signing him because the club would have to pay a great part of his wage. Roosters more likely want him to just walk out of the club so we can’t pay his full wage.
On courier mail (Colmans call) its says there is a worrying drumbeat coming out of Broncos about signing Pearce

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
its a strange one. I'd take Pearce's skillset and playing ability in an instant. I think he would fit perfectly into our squad and be great for Milford. But I hate the idea of having Pearce at our club.

I think I'll stick with Kodi thanks.

Absolutely. If there was a player with the same strengths and weaknesses as Pearce I'd be happy to have him here for a year or two with the Roosters paying half his salary.

But not Mitchell Pearce. I just can't cop it like this.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
As much as I dislike Pearce and would never want him at the club, the second he pulled a Broncos jumper on I'd cheer for that little dog fucker like he was was any other player.

In all honesty, he'd probably be the best halfback option for us next year. But it's a moot point because the Roosters will fit him under their infinite cap anyway.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I'm talking myself into Pearce coming here for a year or two. He would definitely add something we have lacked for too long and if we don't sign him he will end up making another club better. Just like Cronk, he isn't going to sign for one of the shit clubs to help them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Browny
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  • barker
  • Old Mate
  • broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • dasherhalo
  • Porthoz
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky24
  • Dannymh
  • tajhay
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.