Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really just need a gun kicker. If he did nothing all off season but kick and it showed on the field he’d have the spot sewn up in my books.

He can already run, not a bad short pass. It’s the only real arrow he’s lacking in his quiver.

Practically the same could be said off Milf too I guess.

I just read that Cody Walker has rejected the offer to extend with Souths and could be on the move.... Wasn't Wayne keen on him not long ago?
To be honest I have never really paid much attention to him but from what I know he is more of a fullback or 5/8 isn't he..?
Does anyone view him as a possible halfback?

I thought that was signed, sealed and delivered months ago

I thought that was signed, sealed and delivered months ago

I'm fairly sure I also saw an article on nrl.com that said Cody was looking forward to having been told he will be nailing down just one position next year at Souths and he was really excited about it.

We really just need a gun kicker. If he did nothing all off season but kick and it showed on the field he’d have the spot sewn up in my books.

He can already run, not a bad short pass. It’s the only real arrow he’s lacking in his quiver.

Practically the same could be said off Milf too I guess.
Not a bad short pass? You'll probably find all of Gillett's tries this season were because of Kodi and his short passes. His short passes were a blessing for Gillett. Gillett has been neglected whiled Hunt has been running the right side attack.

Not a bad short pass? You'll probably find all of Gillett's tries this season were because of Kodi and his short passes. His short passes were a blessing for Gillett. Gillett has been neglected whiled Hunt has been running the right side attack.
I can't wait to see what Kevvie's influence will have on Knik. If it's his job this season to spark our halves we could be in for some exciting times ahead.

I can't wait to see what Kevvie's influence will have on Knik. If it's his job this season to spark our halves we could be in for some exciting times ahead.

It's not about sparking our halves they already have that individual spark within. It's getting them consistent and fine tuning their problem areas such as general play kicking, organising the forwards and attacking sets especially near the opposition line was pissweak this season. The amount of times our 3-5 tackle sets on the opposition were killed by poor decision making was disgusting, people blame McGuire for him having the ball late in the tackle count, proper communication and direction from the halves would solve that. I have concerns for both Milford and Nikorima given both are running halves and that will take a lot of work and desire to improve in those problem areas, Walters can only do so much and it wasn't that long ago Milford turned down help from Darren Lockyer.

Didn't he also put sims through a few times ?

Didn't he also put sims through a few times ?

Not really, most of Sims tries came up the middle or on Milfords side, infact I'd say it had more to do with self determination on Sims part.

Yeah that’s what I said? Not a bad short pass. What do you want from me? More fellatio of the short pass?

Yeah that’s what I said? Not a bad short pass. What do you want from me? More fellatio of the short pass?
You made out as if it wasn't that good, when really it's amazing what he did this year with his short passing game.

I don't remember Sims being put through many holes. Most of his tries he ran at a few blokes and carried them in to score

It's not about sparking our halves they already have that individual spark within. It's getting them consistent and fine tuning their problem areas such as general play kicking, organising the forwards and attacking sets especially near the opposition line was pissweak this season. The amount of times our 3-5 tackle sets on the opposition were killed by poor decision making was disgusting, people blame McGuire for him having the ball late in the tackle count, proper communication and direction from the halves would solve that. I have concerns for both Milford and Nikorima given both are running halves and that will take a lot of work and desire to improve in those problem areas, Walters can only do so much and it wasn't that long ago Milford turned down help from Darren Lockyer.
This is true, but Kevvie had Milf and Hunt playing with a lot of confidence in 2015. They looked lost for most of the next 2 seasons and I'm hoping that Kevvie being back will ignite whatever they had in 2015.

Wow this is just ignorant of facts.

I mean, do you seriously believe he has been given three years to have a fair crack at halfback despite Hunt being here and then Taylor as the heir apparent? Do you count all that time playing as the team Mr. Fixit that he has had a fair run at the role, even when playing fullback, hooker and bench warmer for the majority of the time? Do you think he was pulled when the three main guys - Hunt, Milf and Benji were all fit because he wasn't playing well? Do you think those ten or eleven games off the bat when he was starting halfback were all in spite of him, not because of him in any way, shape or form?

I mean, if he stinks it up as much as some of you blokes are suggesting, then pull him by all means, though the evidence of him in the role thus far has suggested he may well grow into it if given the chance, the evidence does not suggest he will crash and burn. If anything, the evidence suggests he will probably be serviceable at worst and very good at best.

I don't care what position they have to fill in at, if you get a shot in your best position, you give it 10000000%. There is no excuse for lack of ability or vision, you either have it or you don't. Teaching a player to be a game manager can work, but rarely does as the player still needs the natural ability as a half. We are trying to teach Kodi how to be a top level halfback, a talent he does not posses if we want to be top two. His game management and decision making is not there, kicking game is hot/cold (due to bad vision, strategy, game reading). Yes he short sharp and zippy, can throw reasonable passes but being able to structure a game, control it, and read it on the fly is what we need out of him. Watch him play - he is read easy by the opposition (except for slow lazy tired forwards on occasions) and this highlights lack of natural ability for the position.

Was hoping for some better signing news then taga and turps , after i got back . Where is our Christmas present smokin joe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.