Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That says nothing. Not even a fake fact. WTF.
Kinda close to fact re Parramatta ... But nfi who the forward they mention is. His stuff is normally so far speculative and open ended its not funny.

Form what I’ve seen of Jacks at at the Goldy he would be a great option, at least for depth for us. It worries me how he hasn’t cracked first grade by 25 though.

Form what I’ve seen of Jacks at at the Goldy he would be a great option, at least for depth for us. It worries me how he hasn’t cracked first grade by 25 though.

Ryley has played first reside with Melbourne I think you've been watching Rhys Jacks his brother who has just come back from playing with the Wolfpack

Ryley has played first reside with Melbourne I think you've been watching Rhys Jacks his brother who has just come back from playing with the Wolfpack

Whoops, I actually confused Gold Coast with Sunshine Coast.

I meant he hasn’t cracked a full time spot in first grade. He’s only played half a dozen games for Melbourne, and was meal frogged by Croft.

Brisbane Broncos consider Melbourne playmaker Ryley Jacks

April 5, 2018

MELBOURNE playmaker Ryley Jacks has been offered to the Broncos amid fears halves Anthony Milford and Kodi Nikorima lack the cohesion to break Brisbane’s 12-year premiership drought.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy is keen to retain Jacks, but the off-contract halfback is struggling to consistently break into a Melbourne scrumbase featuring Cameron Munster and Brodie Croft.

That has prompted Jacks to explore his options on the open market, with his management contacting the Broncos last week to gauge their interest in signing the 25-year-old.

Brisbane product Jacks is looking for his next deal. (Scott Barbour/Getty Images)
Jacks is currently on $150,000 a season at Melbourne and is seeking around $300,000 annually for his next deal.
While Broncos coach Wayne Bennett is backing the Milford-Nikorima alliance, Brisbane’s playmaking depth is poor, with back-up Troy Dargan — a 20-year-old recruit from Parramatta — unproven at NRL level.
Jacks has impressed Bellamy since being blooded in the NRL last year.

But after 13 games at the Storm, the Brisbane-born playmaker is determined to secure a more permanent NRL position.
“I’ve mentioned Ryley to the Broncos. We’ve had some informal dialogue to gauge their interest in Ryley,” said his manager Paul Hogan.

“Ryley would be the perfect fit for the Broncos. He was in their system as a teenager and he grew up in Brisbane, he went to school at St Laurence’s so he knows the area well and would happily settle back in Brisbane.

“We need to find the right fit for him in the NRL. Ryley doesn’t want to be somewhere for a year and have to move on, we would like something longer-term for him.

“We’ve also had some chats with Melbourne, but Ryley is currently exploring his options on the open market.”

Jacks has been a revelation for Melbourne’s feeder-club Sunshine Coast in the past two seasons, steering the Falcons to the Intrust Super Cup grand-final against PNG last year.

Former Queensland Origin lock Scott Sattler has watched Jacks closely in his role as a commentator on the ISC and says Jacks would be a good foil for Milford at the Broncos.

“Brisbane should look at signing Ryley,” Sattler said.

“Jacks would be good for the Broncos as long as they had a dynamic five-eighth working with him, so in that case, he would perfectly complement someone like Anthony Milford.

“I actually think Ryley should be the starting No.7 for Melbourne, but they are backing Brodie Croft instead.
“Jacks is definitely NRL quality. He has control, he’s a good organiser, he has a fantastic kicking game and he can execute a game plan.

“You just need a running five-eighth outside him and that could be Anthony Milford or Kodi Nikorima, who can play what they see.”

PETER BADEL, The Courier-Mail

Melbourne are more than likely going to take Oates from us, so it would be nice to get one of theirs

Surely we can afford 300k for him. He looks the goods.

I'm not sure what kind of half he is. Another 5/8ths or genuine halfback?

Jacks has NRL written all over him. I will be fucken pissed off if we miss this opportunity. He is a proper 7... I'm actually surprised that Croft is ahead of him at Melbourne. I see him as a better all round player than Croft.

I'm sure we have 300K in the cap.

I'm sure we have 300K in the cap.
They had a red hot go at Taylor and missed out so they have room... But TPJ is going to need $$$ and so is Oates(maybe).

They had a red hot go at Taylor and missed out so they have room... But TPJ is going to need $$$ and so is Oates(maybe).

Yeah but Thaiday is going and I'm very confident Sims won't be retained. Plenty of room for TPJ and Jacks, Oates is probably gone.

There's little NRL quality Halves floating around and we would be crazy not to have a crack. There's probably Norman, Carney, Austin and one other in the UK that will be available for next season? Jacks is better than these.

I must've been watching a different Ryley Jacks, he seemed like another stock standard average Halfback from what I've watched of him. Would absolutely prefer someone like Sezer if the opportunity arises.

He
I must've been watching a different Ryley Jacks, he seemed like another stock standard average Halfback from what I've watched of him. Would absolutely prefer someone like Sezer if the opportunity arises.

He essentially is Sezer from what I’ve seen. Half the price tag though I imagine.

I saw Jacks as more of a running and kicking 6. Might be wrong though, I've seen 3 Melbourne games when he was playing with Cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Tmac
  • phoenix
  • mrtij
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Shane Tronc
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Xzei
  • Rambstien
  • BruiserMk1
  • Dexter
  • Stix
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.