Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mid season trade?

Broncs would definitely want a fair bit else coming their way because as a pure trade, that is terrible - a SOO player still very young against a mid-20s playmaker who hasn't made it yet.

Broncs would definitely want a fair bit else coming their way because as a pure trade, that is terrible - a SOO player still very young against a mid-20s playmaker who hasn't made it yet.

I assume the swap would see them on very different priced contracts.

It would be good to get a 25+ year old halfback, whoever we end up going with (if we even do). We have too many rookies as it is.

It would be good to get a 25+ year old halfback, whoever we end up going with (if we even do). We have too many rookies as it is.

he is still a rookie ... besides we already have a 25+ year old halfback on our books. Murphy is 27

If the storm are playing Croft over Jacks then I’m not that excited. Croft hasn’t exactly set the world on fire. Let’s give one of our fringe halves a run before outlaying 250-300 a season on another one.

If the storm are playing Croft over Jacks then I’m not that excited. Croft hasn’t exactly set the world on fire. Let’s give one of our fringe halves a run before outlaying 250-300 a season on another one.

No one gets it right all the time.

I must've been watching a different Ryley Jacks, he seemed like another stock standard average Halfback from what I've watched of him. Would absolutely prefer someone like Sezer if the opportunity arises.

I’m with you. Solid at best.

Not if dargan proves to be solid. Money not needed to be spent if so.

If If If. We are in this situation because of If If If.

Jacks looks solid and hasn't looked out of place at NRL level and is still pretty cheap. Dargan hasn't played NRL yet and for all we know he won't be able to make the jump. I'm so sick of potential.

Jacks looks solid and hasn't looked out of place at NRL level and is still pretty cheap. Dargan hasn't played NRL yet and for all we know he won't be able to make the jump. I'm so sick of potential.

Solid in a great structure

Solid in a great structure

That's even more poignant then, and that's where I was getting at. Because Nikorima and Milford have been poor, but behind very little structure and almost non-existent go-forward. Like I said earlier, Croft and Munster looked pathetic behind their rattled pack last week, if Jacks is behind that pairing, I don't think he'll offer anything more than what we have.

I really do feel sorry for Nikorima, copping all this shit while being hamstrung by the (lack of) platform set by the forwards.

The difference is we’ve already got Dargan on our books. I’ve not seen him play at all so not advocating for him to be parachuted in or anything but if we decide that we’re going in a different direction next year, we would be better placed to give our guys a crack before buying the storms scraps for more than what we’re currently paying someone.

Like joe said, in a great structure. Still plenty of if's with jacks but with a $300k price tag. Stick with what we have until someone better becomes available.

Sims and Thaiday for Papa, 2 for 1 deal
Mate!!!!!!!!
I was honestly thinking the exact same thing last night.
This would be the greatest deal in Broncos history... Two dead shits for one guy with a high ceiling + best friends with Milford.
Its proven Ricky goes after experienced players slowing up.... I mean he is desperate to get Robbie Farah who is languishing away in NSW Cup.
Make it happen.

Like joe said, in a great structure. Still plenty of if's with jacks but with a $300k price tag. Stick with what we have until someone better becomes available.

$300k sounds like a lot, but it isn’t for an NRL halfback these days. It is probably still at the low end of what a halfback who has actually played NRL would be earning, look at JNick...

His current $150k contract would likely be from before he even played an NRL game.

If we could get him on a mid-season transfer signed up for this season a next, I’d say we should give it a go. We clearly have money available given we made a big offer to Taylor and missed out. What is the point of being this wealthy and powerful club, if we don’t exercise that occasionally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • Lozza
  • johnny plath
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • Morepudding
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.