Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never believe he's on the outer until it actually happens, or they have some other gun lined up. Storm are the smartest NRL team when it comes to development and recruitment. They must know that you can't just replace Cronk with a rookie straight away. It'll take time.

I think it’s more his attitude that they’ve been having a problem with that has him on the outer

I think it’s more his attitude that they’ve been having a problem with that has him on the outer

I doubt he would be playing first grade if he had a poor attitude that the Storm couldn't deal with.

But even if he does, if the Storm can't change his ways, then I fail to see how we can.

While we are talking about halves... if we are looking for a "stop-gap", why on Earth didn't we try and sign Trent Hodkinson?
The opportunity was there to sign a former origin player for decent value, where he had the attributes we are looking for (kicking game, organisation, etc) to bring the best out of Milford.

Wayne is one of the few head coaches left in the NRL where they are allowed full control of the team, recruitment, contract negotiations, etc. Not sure what is going on, but all critical decisions we seem to be getting wrong on a consistent basis at the moment...

While we are talking about halves... if we are looking for a "stop-gap", why on Earth didn't we try and sign Trent Hodkinson?
The opportunity was there to sign a former origin player for decent value, where he had the attributes we are looking for (kicking game, organisation, etc) to bring the best out of Milford.

Wayne is one of the few head coaches left in the NRL where they are allowed full control of the team, recruitment, contract negotiations, etc. Not sure what is going on, but all critical decisions we seem to be getting wrong on a consistent basis at the moment...

you're assuming that Bennett rates Hodkinson as a better halves option than Nikorima (or Dargan/Scarlett)

you're assuming that Bennett rates Hodkinson as a better halves option than Nikorima (or Dargan/Scarlett)
I think we collectively agree a halfback more focused on organising and structure is what we are lacking.... just a shame Wayne doesn’t think so, as Niko and Milf are identical in playing style

I think we collectively agree a halfback more focused on organising and structure is what we are lacking.... just a shame Wayne doesn’t think so, as Niko and Milf are identical in playing style
Better judges than anybody on this forum have identified that Nikorima isn't what we need as a halfback.

Why does Bennett have his head stuck in the sand ??[emoji848]

Better judges than anybody on this forum have identified that Nikorima isn't what we need as a halfback.

Why does Bennett have his head stuck in the sand ??[emoji848]

IMO, Bennett has identified that, which is why he chased Ash Taylor ... but in the absence of anyone else that would potentially be a long term half for us being on the market, he is publicly backing the half we do have...

IMO, Bennett has identified that, which is why he chased Ash Taylor ... but in the absence of anyone else that would potentially be a long term half for us being on the market, he is publicly backing the half we do have...

When the Tits offered Ash big money we had two options: 1) match it, or get close enough to it, or; 2) go after Pearce, Morgan, or even Hoko. Not signing anyone shouldn't have been an option.

EDIT: if we are signing Green, then why the hell didn't we organise it so that he brings Morgan and/or JT13 and/or some other gun with him? He's basically done the reverse of what the Sydney media are claiming Wayne does to clubs when he leaves (although the JT13 is looking dumber and dumber by the game).

When the Tits offered Ash big money we had two options: 1) match it, or get close enough to it, or; 2) go after Pearce, Morgan, or even Hoko. Not signing anyone shouldn't have been an option.

you can't have 2 halves on a million + a season ... so that rules out both matching it and signing Morgan (maybe even signing Pearce as he wouldn't be cheap)

Hodkinson is on the wrong side of 30 and has been poor for years.

you can't have 2 halves on a million + a season ... so that rules out both matching it and signing Morgan (maybe even signing Pearce as he wouldn't be cheap)

Hodkinson is on the wrong side of 30 and has been poor for years.
If you can pay a centre a million a year you can certainly pay both your halves that.

Melbourne has been dominant with 3 of their spine players on huge money for a long time. Probably around a mil each when they won the comp.

I'll never believe he's on the outer until it actually happens, or they have some other gun lined up. Storm are the smartest NRL team when it comes to development and recruitment. They must know that you can't just replace Cronk with a rookie straight away. It'll take time.

He’s been dropped this week

Dunno the cred of this guy
But this is what he put up
Image1523359163248837

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • Tim K
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Howie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • Dexter
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • heartly87
  • john1420
  • Morkel
  • Pablo
  • marw
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.