Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Don’t need Bird, never did but would hate to lose Corey, though I think that is what will happen.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
the club may lose Oates to a rival ... but won't lose Bird unless they want him to go.

Yeah the whole 4 year contract he has signed only last year, probably argues against losing him...

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Don’t need Bird, never did but would hate to lose Corey, though I think that is what will happen.

I could see bird second guessing his decision to come here if the broncos keep struggling and he doesn't get more ball.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
If Oates leaves, and i think he will as it stands right now, it will be Melbourne.

Bird kind of annoys me. Yes, i am pretty certain he was bought here to play as lock and thats what he was told, but the shoulder injury has slowed that move. Bothers me a little he says he is happy to play where he is needed or words to that effect, then 2 games in he starts whining about getting no ball at center. My take is we have centers already at the club who would be doing the same job just as well as Bird, so we need to move him now to start getting our value out of him.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
If Oates leaves, and i think he will as it stands right now, it will be Melbourne.

Bird kind of annoys me. Yes, i am pretty certain he was bought here to play as lock and thats what he was told, but the shoulder injury has slowed that move. Bothers me a little he says he is happy to play where he is needed or words to that effect, then 2 games in he starts whining about getting no ball at center. My take is we have centers already at the club who would be doing the same job just as well as Bird, so we need to move him now to start getting our value out of him.

When and where has he complained about getting no ball and centre with us?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Is Bird actually whinging or is is just the media once again adding 2+2 and coming up with 22

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

Do you know that for sure, that he was told he would be lock ? If you are going by media reports, then you should know Melbourne have denied any interest.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If Bird does go to lock, what does that mean for Carrigan? Arrow or Carrigan would be cheaper and offer as much if not more experience IN THAT POSITION than Bird. I guess it also means TPJ is now pigeon-holed as a prop, which is fine by the way, he is a very good one already.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
If Oates goes so be it, would hate to lose him but with Smith coming to the end of his career and Croft struggling hardcore, it may not be the doom and gloom we see (him rampaging off great shortballs, etc).

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Do you know that for sure, that he was told he would be lock ? If you are going by media reports, then you should know Melbourne have denied any interest.

I do know for sure about Bird, cant really say how, but its where we signed him for. No other position makes any sense anyway if you look at it logically.

As for Oates, from the people i have spoken to, despite whether or not Melbourne have denied it or not ( cant say i have seen anything either way ) there have been inquiries made. That sort of thing probably happen all the time tbf.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
When and where has he complained about getting no ball and centre with us?

He has said in the press a few times he is happy to play center. He can play in a few position really, five eighth, fullback, center and lock, but realistically with the money we are paying him its going to be lock or possibly five eighth.

As for him whining, it was in the courier mail when he about how he wasnt happy about not getting the ball a lot in the loss to the Titans. I dont think i could pull up the article, dont have a subscription to do it.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Is Bird actually whinging or is is just the media once again adding 2+2 and coming up with 22

It might be me coming up with the 22 :D

In all seriousness though, i dont see the point in him start talking about not getting enough ball 2 games in.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
They could of come up with someone that's nearing the end of their contract to make it a little more believable instead of someone that's just started one.

S

Sanjit Joseph

NYC Player
Oct 21, 2017
Screenshot 20180412 090204
how about this..good move.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I don't really remember much of him as he was shafted a bit by the Titans in the last year or two - I thought he was more of a runner than an organiser. Anyone happy to correct me/fill in my blanks? Seem to recall he had an OK kicking game, not terrible but not wonderful either.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I don't really remember much of him as he was shafted a bit by the Titans in the last year or two - I thought he was more of a runner than an organiser. Anyone happy to correct me/fill in my blanks? Seem to recall he had an OK kicking game, not terrible but not wonderful either.

Pretty much sums it up, similar player to the current version of Nikorima with a 25% better kicking game.

Would make us better, but probably isn't a long-term saviour.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Look at that face, how could you say no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brocko
  • Rambstien
  • The Boss
  • Pablo
  • Organix
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncs30
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • Lozza
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.