Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I want this guy to be right because I want Norman back at the club, but mostly because any that starts an article with 'Phil Rothfield is shit' deserves all the respect and acclaim available.

To anyone who can't be bothered clicking a link to a nothing site. It was worth it for this.

Phil Rothfield is Shit: Phil Rothfield is Rugby League’s greatest leech, a disgraceful hypocrite and shit-stirrer who knows nothing about the game he has covered for four decades, a remarkable effort. I’m not going to waste much time on this idiot. But his comment that “Rugby League is Now A Shit Game” deserves all the condemnation it is getting. He has made his sad existence somewhat more relevant because of the game he calls “shit”. He is an unfathomable hypocrite who can spout with equal ferocity opposing positions within 12 months. He has added nothing but hate to the game. We can all only dream that he means what he says and is actually going to leave Rugby League forever.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
No. He has shown plenty of game management skills and has a great kicking game.
Great kicking game, absolutely! Game management skills... not so much imo.
Add his attitude and complacency to it, and my answer would be "No, thanks", unless it was at a severely reduced price.

NYCDB

NYCDB

BRL Player
Mar 18, 2014
We had both Ah Mau's at the same time. Leeson never played for us in first grade but he was training with the first grade squad.

I don't think that's right. Leeson was with the Warriors from 2007 to 2009, then joined NQ in 2010. Isaak was with Brisbane from 2008-09.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I don't think that's right. Leeson was with the Warriors from 2007 to 2009, then joined NQ in 2010. Isaak was with Brisbane from 2008-09.

I was sure they both at the Broncos mid 2000's, but I may be wrong. And I'm far too lazy to try to back up my stance with research.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Great kicking game, absolutely! Game management skills... not so much imo.
Add his attitude and complacency to it, and my answer would be "No, thanks", unless it was at a severely reduced price.

Well he has always seemed to run the show at Parra before Moses got there and some of the best judges of the game have consistently talked about his game management. Agree to disagree.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
Just read in the Phil Rothfield live blog that ...
Nathan Cleary has in fact got a option in his favour for next year
Should we throw big dollars at him ?

IMG 0287

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I think Cleary would suit Milford perfectly, but there would be too many clubs after him, and the Roosters could probably afford to spend $2M on him and still have plenty left over.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Lol of course the roosters are after him, they're also chasing Hess apparently. Such a scummy club.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Just read in the Phil Rothfield live blog that ...
Nathan Cleary has in fact got a option in his favour for next year
Should we throw big dollars at him ?

If Cleary is available Wayne better get on the phone right fucking now to get him....

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
It won't happen.

If Cleary is going to leave the Panthers, it's to go to the Tigers. He wants to be coached by Ivan.

It's a goal of theirs.

Yep I was going to say similar. There is no chance of Cleary being anywhere other than the panthers or the tigers. Thinking we are a chance of signing him is just ridiculous.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
BRONCOS SECURE FUTURE NO.7
A lot has been made of the halfback situation in Brisbane of late but the future of the club looks bright.
Market Watch can reveal the Broncos have a special talent for the future all but locked up with boom playmaker Corey Paix on the verge of inking a new two-year-deal.
A big body half that doesn’t shy away from the defensive work, Paix was a hot commodity with interest from the Roosters and Tigers but looks set to remain in Red Hill.
cc0a11901fdeb651669b099bf646655b

Brisbane young gun Corey Paix.Source: Supplied
Part of the Broncos’ junior system, Paix skippered the Western Mustangs under 18s Mal Meninga Cup side to a premiership last year.
He was the competitions leading points scorer and later dubbed the competitions player of the year and go on to wear the No.6 in the QLD under 18s Origin side at the age of 17.
At 86 kilos, Paix is the captain of Norths in the under 18s competition.
They’re ladder leaders with the No.7 their first-choice goal kicker.
The deal keeps Paix at the Broncos until the end of 2020.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...um=email&utm_campaign=crm&utm_content=control

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
He's having a great year, combining really well with Bullemore. I like it when a half can have a combination with a forward. He won't be leading points scorer this year.

Trip to Townsville this week to take on the Cowboys best. One round to go and then finals. Very close competition this year. After MM finishes what do you do with him then? Colts Maybe.

If Bird doesn't fire in the halves, I can't think of any reason not to just throw him in the deep end like the Panthers did with Cleary, he debuted at age 18, Paix is 18 (Or at the very least, turning 18 this year.)

Unless of course the hype is unwarranted and he's not even close to the player that Cleary was at 18, not sure, never watched him.

P.S - Can we talk about the fact that there's a player playing Mal Meninga Cup called Tevita Ofahengaue? Is that some sort of sick science experiment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.