Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone post the Haas article from the courier mail

Rival NRL clubs circling rookie Broncos forward Payne Haas
18b1049572da035ab857888ab3324f74

MELBOURNE are eyeing off Broncos monster Payne Haas as NRL rivals prepare to table staggering offers of $1.5 million to lure the teenage sensation away from Red Hill.
The Courier-Mail can reveal Haas has become the most sought-after young forward in the code with five NRL clubs lodging expressions of interest in the 117kg front-row giant.
Rated the Broncos’ new-age version of legendary prop Petero Civoniceva, Haas is off-contract next year, meaning his management cannot receive formal offers until November 1.
But that hasn’t stopped NRL rivals formulating succession plans to poach Haas.
a198b0430882783913d46c3c174fc96c

Haas is considered one of the top forward prospects in the NRL.
Incredibly, a number of Sydney-based clubs are willing to table three-year deals worth $500,000-a-season for a rookie front-rower who has yet to play a single minute of NRL.
The Storm’s interest in Haas adds extra spice to Friday’s clash against the Broncos, who have named the 18-year-old in their extended 21-man squad for the showdown at Suncorp Stadium.
Haas’ manager Chris Orr said yesterday it is premature to enter negotiations with NRL rivals but confirmed the Broncos face major competition to secure the Australian Schoolboys young gun.
“Payne certainly attracts attention for all the right reasons,” Orr said.
HE’S BACK: Fensom to return from leg injury
SWITCH: Nikorima benched for Bird

“He is a super athlete and a tremendous young man. All 16 NRL clubs and even some US colleges attempted to secure his signature coming out of school two years ago, however the Broncos won the race.
“Staying close to his family played a major part in Payne’s decision.
“Although we are not looking too far ahead, interest is rising quickly again for Payne. We’ve had interest from clubs, but I want him to focus on his football
“Under the rules, we can’t hold negotiations with other clubs. Payne is happy at the Broncos and because he is under contract for next year, it’s a bit early to be having discussions with other parties.
“If he was to enter the player market, I’m sure Payne would again encounter a high level of interest. We will revisit his contract situation in November.”
11a2b442dabff5e915ce91d4a4077b90

Haas is expected to make his NRL debut later this season.
Haas, who turns 19 in December, has been a revelation since joining Brisbane’s full-time squad in pre-season.
Despite his hulking frame, he won a fitness time-trial in December, beating Brisbane’s outside backs, and is working on his game with feeder-club Wynnum Manly in the Intrust Super Cup.
Broncos coach Wayne Bennett has come under pressure to blood Haas in the NRL this season, but he is wary of the 196cm rookie being targeted by rival packs.
While NRL clubs are lining up to snare Haas, Bennett is confident of keeping him, with the young prop admitting being mentored by the super coach was a key factor in his decision to join Brisbane.
“I feel I have a connection to Wayne, he’s been great for me,” Haas said.
“I’m really happy at the Broncos and there’s no rush for me to play NRL, at the moment I’m learning all the time.”
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/f6aec40d5b091b0d7929314be5057afb

8. Haas
9. McCullough
10. Pangai Jr
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

Haas & Fifita are the primary reasons that I don't think we'll break the bank to keep Lodge & Oates for next season, if all goes to plan this should be our starting pack for 2019 in my eyes.

8. Haas
9. McCullough
10. Pangai Jr
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

Haas & Fifita are the primary reasons that I don't think we'll break the bank to keep Lodge & Oates for next season, if all goes to plan this should be our starting pack for 2019 in my eyes.

I wouldn't be starting either Haas or Fifita so early.

I still Think Bird will eventually move into Lock pushing McGuire back to prop. plus we still have Glenn next season and I think he will and should start in the 11. assuming we lose Lodge this would be my full strength forward rotation next season.

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. TPJ
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Bird

14. Haas
15. Ofahengaue
16. Carrigan/Fifita (only if Fifita plays ISC at some stage this year and depending who goes better in the trials)
17. Su'A

8. Haas
9. McCullough
10. Pangai Jr
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

Sua will get the nod before fifita, no way he gets a start. Maybe the following year gillo will move to 13

Have to agree to disagree, I think Wayne has shown this year he's not afraid to throw talented players straight in to the starting line-up, like he did with Isaako & Lodge this year. If we lose Lodge & Oates and there's 1-2 openings I think Haas will get one of them, and depending on how he finishes up this season and the sort of off-season he has, Fifita will be in the discussions for the other one.

They've both already proved they're several steps above the current competition they're playing against. They'll both be 19 by the start of next season.

Have to agree to disagree, I think Wayne has shown this year he's not afraid to throw talented players straight in to the starting line-up, like he did with Isaako & Lodge this year. If we lose Lodge & Oates and there's 1-2 openings I think Haas will get one of them, and depending on how he finishes up this season and the sort of off-season he has, Fifita will be in the discussions for the other one.

They've both already proved they're several steps above the current competition they're playing against. They'll both be 19 by the start of next season.

I do believe hass will be in the 17 sooner rather than later.

1.5 million dollars for a rookie with 0 first grade games is just utterly ridiculous. If that's the sort of money he's demanding, he can gladly walk away.

Truthfully I think the media are full of shit, as usual.

You're kidding yourself if you think he won't get around that.

8. Haas
9. McCullough
10. Pangai Jr
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

Fafita is currently playing MM Cup. No successful team in the NRL has two teenagers starting in their pack.

We'll be fine with haas imo. Didnt storm already steal some dude names Tino who was neck and neck with haas as the best prospect in the country? They too, like us, can't have them all.

Haas isn't in the top five for any stat in the ISC. Ahead of every other player is a massive unfounded statement.

We'll be fine with haas imo. Didnt storm already steal some dude names Tino who was neck and neck with haas as the best prospect in the country? They too, like us, can't have them all.

He's already playing ISC for Falcons.

Haas isn't in the top five for any stat in the ISC. Ahead of every other player is a massive unfounded statement.

Hasn't he only started 1 game? Don't see any point in season total comparisons if he's been working his way in to the season, let's compare his starting averages with everyone else shall we, make it an even playing field.

I bet a brown paper-bagged boat they can.

Hasn't he only started 1 game? Don't see any point in season total comparisons if he's been working his way in to the season, let's compare his starting averages with everyone else shall we, make it an even playing field.

Shouldn't you have thought of that before saying he's the best ISC front rower?

Neale has played 477 minutes of a possible 480 this year leading the metres gained for the ISC with 990, third on hit ups with 97 and fourth on tackles with 197.

Only missed 12 tackles.

Yet you claim Haas is above everyone else? He's not even the best front rower with Neale getting those performances.

You could have said, he's going well but above everyone; that's ridiculous. Without ever having seen him play too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.