Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Better not be Oates, but I have a spidey sense it is :(

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It would never happen, but with Smith off contract this year, I would love to sign him for next season and have Macca shadow him and pick his brain the whole time.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Bennett should leave Oates right where he is ... that is where the team needs him

Oates hasn't been going that well this season.

Rocks and diamonds, but mainly rocks.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It would never happen, but with Smith off contract this year, I would love to sign him for next season and have Macca shadow him and pick his brain the whole time.
Macca is past that. He's a good hooker.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Macca is past that. He's a good hooker.

A good hooker with a lack of game awareness, which is his biggest weakness.

I've lost count on the amount of times he would go the wrong way in attack. Smith would be able to teach him that, and we'll see a better Macca as a result.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Tevita Pangai Jr commits future to Broncos pushing potential career sacrifices beyond $1 million
7588563a58728222d3d38e8c0621e80c

BRONCOS powerhouse Tevita Pangai Jr has pledged his future to Wayne Bennett and Brisbane in another selfless guarantee that could see the Tongan sensation’s career sacrifices go beyond $1 million.
Pangai Jr has declared he will knock back lucrative offers from NRL rivals to sign a contract extension with the Broncos.
The 22-year-old’s loyalty to the Broncos emerged as Brisbane faced a bidding war to retain one of the NRL’s hottest young forwards.
BIFF, BASH, BIN: Paul Carter in fight in return to footy
SLATER: ‘I don’t think it was a try’
RAGING BULL: The lessons Bennett must learn

35424624665151c0a7a6b8bd4b71c106

Tevita Pangai Jr says he will commit his future to the Broncos.
Pangai Jr has been a revelation in the front row for Brisbane this season, prompting Newcastle to publicly declare its interest in bringing the former Knights junior home.
Pangai Jr may end up sacrificing $100,000-a-season to remain at the Broncos as he seeks a long-term deal to stay at Red Hill.
He has already turned his back on playing State of Origin for NSW to stay with Tonga, a move that could cost Pangai Jr $500,000 in match payments over his career.
Pangai Jr has proven he is not motivated by money and said he would not be leaving the Broncos, a decision which shows seven-time premiership coach Bennett still has major pulling power in the NRL.
8fdf57cacbae8a0ce6111c8b799f66b8

The in demand gun will knock back more lucrative offers to stay in Brisbane.
“I am going to get my contract sorted soon, I’m not going anywhere,” he said.
“I’ve decided I’m staying at the Broncos. I want to sign soon.
“Wayne is a factor and as a club the Broncos is a great place.
“I don’t want to be anywhere else. I feel we are building something special here so I’m happy to stay.”
Pangai Jr’s commitment is a major piece of Brisbane’s recruitment puzzle sorted.
The 113kg prop has formed a promising front row combination with controversial recruit Matt Lodge, another off-contract player the Broncos are hoping to lock up.
The ex-Raiders forward has been slowly building towards this type of form over the past two seasons since leaving Canberra to play under Bennett.
Pangai Jr has come off the bench for the past two weeks but could be promoted to lock against the Rabbitohs on Thursday night if Josh McGuire replaces injured hooker Andrew McCullough.
93595e4a36d41c3cad03a4251bce7f44

The news is a major boost to Wayne Bennett and the Broncos.
The Broncos could do with Pangai Jr’s spark from the opening whistle and he showed he is not afraid of taking on the game’s biggest star when he sparked a scuffle with Storm fullback Billy Slater in last Friday’s loss to Melbourne.
“I had a different role coming off the bench, they are a tough pack and the premiers so you want to deliver your best game against the best teams,” he said.
“I carried on a bit there but I respect him (Slater) and Cameron Smith highly. I probably got carried away there.
“I want to be playing with aggression but I don’t need to be carrying on like that, I should just focus on playing football.
“I thought we could have done the job on them.”
If Bennett opts to shift McGuire to hooker, Kodi Nikorima will retain his utility berth on the bench for the Rabbitohs game at ANZ Stadium.
The Broncos are 3-4 after seven rounds and outside the top eight, unfamiliar territory for one of the NRL’s most successful clubs.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...n/news-story/43751ec1c64c7f0ccfe43ce3366bd36c

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
So they just copied the nrl.com article and threw some BS in there about potential payments?

Wow, they should be proud of that journalistic masterpiece...

And they wonder why people don’t buy papers any more?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

I've lost count on the amount of times he would go the wrong way in attack. Smith would be able to teach him that, and we'll see a better Macca as a result.

Are we still holding on to hope that Macca will become the next cam smith?

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015

I think that is more to blame on the playmakers than Macca... Our halves have no idea what they are doing, and we don't have a dominant half. So when he has a half screaming at him on one side of the ball he is going to give it to them. If we had a consistent halves pairing where they actually knew their role (who was the organiser etc) then it wouldn't be an issue.

If you look at our attack in opposition 20 it's usually Milford one side and Niko / Bird on the other and then Boyd in no mans land. It's actually embarrassing that it's a first grade squad to be honest. Better attacking structures in park footy. We only survive by individual brilliance / a bit of luck sometimes.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Taane Milne is being offered a lifeline by another NRL club, but there is no word on which club it is.

What's the bet it's us?

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Talk that Broncos are looking at Mason Lino. Only problem he is contracted for 2019 season

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Talk that Broncos are looking at Mason Lino. Only problem he is contracted for 2019 season

I was impressed with him last round. Can't see the Warriors letting him go though.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I was impressed with him last round. Can't see the Warriors letting him go though.

You never know though, he has both Johnson and Green ahead of him, could be another Taylor-Hunt-Milf situation.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
You never know though, he has both Johnson and Green ahead of him, could be another Taylor-Hunt-Milf situation.

I wonder if they would let Johnson go early if Lino keeps playing out of his skin

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Re the Pangai Jnr re-signing, thats why we dont **** with Wayne Bennett. He still has the player pull that alot of other coaches in the NRL are very envious of. And its also why we have such high expectations every year. I have no doubt we will land on our feet very soon and kick on to have a good season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Notorious
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KickHaas
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • The Boss
  • Jedhead
  • winslow_wong
  • Lostboy
  • Tim K
  • FACTHUNT
  • Skathen
  • Aldo
  • RolledOates
  • Redux
  • Harry Sack
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.