Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read today that the Eels are shopping around Corey Norman. If we could get him on a bargain buy (i.e. Parra to pay half his salary), what do you think of bringing him back to the Broncos?

Halves pairing of Milford and Norman (Niko bench hooker playing 30mins) would be very dangerous IMO.

He was made aware early in the season he can shop around. We could secure him for the 500mark no doubt. Parra early in the season would have payed a chunk, but not now.

**** no to Norman, could never understand the hype when he was at the Broncos? Always thought he was a pretender...
On another note, was just talking to a guy who was telling me that should the Dragons get bundled out of the finals this week, the Dragons will be going hard for Wayne Bennett for 2019 and will proceed with a formal contract at seasons end.
This guy is no dickhead and seems to know a few people(mainly at Parramatta and Penrith) but this isn't the first time this rumour has gone around in the last couple of weeks so who fucking knows... Would be ironic however if playing well this weekend and ending the dragons season ultimately led to Wayne being offered big money and the contract he was after.

**** no to Norman, could never understand the hype when he was at the Broncos? Always thought he was a pretender...

That was a pretty long time ago though, to be honest. He definitely improved quite a bit at the Eels. Not sure about his 2018 season though.

Everyone seems to still be on the 'get Niko out of half and back onto the bench' bandwagon. Whilst I agree that earlier in the season we struggled as Milf and Niko were playing very similar games, in the second half of the season Milf really has seemed to come into his own as a controlling half.

That coincides with some of Niko's best games from what I've seen.

Let's say Bird slots into left centre, which provides some defensive starch compared to Kahu, what does everyone think about Nico continuing as a half long term now that Milf appears to be playing really well as the controlling half?

I'm not saying Bird won't or shouldn't be in the halves next year with Milf, but I don't recall anyone suggesting that Niko continues there.

He hasn't seemed like such a bad option the last few weeks. He's been very potent running the ball and in general in attack. Defence is obviously still an issue as he is pretty short statured.

Edit: In before the rage, when I say 'everyone is on the bandwagon', I obviously don't mean that. I'm just referring to the fact that he's not a half in any ones 2019 starting lineups even though he's going pretty good now..

Last edited:
Everyone seems to still be on the 'get Niko out of half and back onto the bench' bandwagon. Whilst I agree that earlier in the season we struggled as Milf and Niko were playing very similar games, in the second half of the season Milf really has seemed to come into his own as a controlling half.

That coincides with some of Niko's best games from what I've seen.

Let's say Bird slots into left centre, which provides some defensive starch compared to Kahu, what does everyone think about Nico continuing as a half long term now that Milf appears to be playing really well as the controlling half?

I'm not saying Bird won't or shouldn't be in the halves next year with Milf, but I don't recall anyone suggesting that Niko continues there.

He hasn't seemed like such a bad option the last few weeks. He's been very potent running the ball and in general in attack. Defence is obviously still an issue as he is pretty short statured.

Edit: In before the rage, when I say 'everyone is on the bandwagon', I obviously don't mean that. I'm just referring to the fact that he's not a half in any ones 2019 starting lineups even though he's going pretty good now..

Waynos has a few options now milf is starting to own the controlling half role.
When bird is in form he kind of has a bit of a Munster quality about him, maybe wasted in the centres?.?
And no doubt niko will add some serious attacking potency like in 2015 coming of the bench for Macca.
Would love to see those 3 shredding in the 6,7,9.
Kahu at centre is a concern to be sure , maybe shiba could get a decent run there if kahu doesn't improve.?.
.. Or get staggs in there..

Last edited:
It more if we spend so much money building a pack, how do we afford to recruit new players? It will chew up our cap. We have lost 2 players in Sammy and Sims and the money has already gone in Haas. Its not just about keeping what we currently have, it's about recruiting others in the future.

Well, if all goes well we not need to recruit any forwards for a few years. Boyd will go sooner than later I imagine, eventually Glenn and Kahu will go. That frees up some money to bring through new young guys in a couple of years. I really don’t think our team needs anymore big recruits. A serviceable halfback who just plays his role is all we’re missing and that won’t cost a fortune.

I do think money has been misspent though, like I said. I still think the price and length of Boyd and Birds contract was a mistake.

Speaking of contracts, how long is Nikorima signed for?

If Glenn and Kahu were off contract then they could attract bigger offers than their current contracts are paying.

The club is able to have a talk with their players and they are able to agree to field offers from other clubs as if they were off contract.

Clubs can look beyond the fact that the player is under contract and can see that regardless of the facts they would like to purchase the player for whatever they believe is appropriate.

Sometimes they are only willing to pay a fraction of the cost because they know the club offloading the player is desperate for salary cap space. (Bulldogs - Woods, Mbye)

If the club looking to sign the player (likely more than one club) is keen, they are more likely to say they will pay the full sum of their contract.

Alex Glenn and Jordan Kahu at 800k for the Titans is an absolute steal. Considering they were paying Jarryd Hayne over 1 mil.

Can we quit with the argument of having to pay out the contracts of Glenn and Kahu? It's not unlikely their contracts will be bought out if we allow it.

Last edited:

In another words.

TPJ for the millionth time says he is committed to Broncos and won't be going anywhere and Garry will spin that to make it sound like a new development.

After watching that - he’s staying.

If Glenn and Kahu were off contract then they could attract bigger offers than their current contracts are paying.

The club is able to have a talk with their players and they are able to agree to field offers from other clubs as if they were off contract.

Clubs can look beyond the fact that the player is under contract and can see that regardless of the facts they would like to purchase the player for whatever they believe is appropriate.

Sometimes they are only willing to pay a fraction of the cost because they know the club offloading the player is desperate for salary cap space. (Bulldogs - Woods, Mbye)

If the club looking to sign the player (likely more than one club) is keen, they are more likely to say they will pay the full sum of their contract.

Alex Glenn and Jordan Kahu at 800k for the Titans is an absolute steal. Considering they were paying Jarryd Hayne over 1 mil.

Can we quit with the argument of having to pay out the contracts of Glenn and Kahu? It's not unlikely their contracts will be bought out if we allow it.

Well, you can't quit the argument just because yours is flawed. It's a fact, if we shop them around, we will very, very likely have to pay part of their contract. You are kidding yourself if you think we won't have to contribute to them leaving financially once prospective clubs get wind we are happy to offload players. They can't be approached by other clubs without our permission, so once we make it known they are available, we are in a weakened position and shopping two very popular guys around to other clubs could have a negative effect on the squad in general.

Also, why are the Titans keep getting brought up as a destination for them. As it stands, they don't have anywhere near the cap room for even one of them, and Glenn and Kahu aren't on the kind of money you think they are. It's very unlikely they will get offers better than what they are on anyway. The Broncos players are the best looked after in the comp, they get so many perks other clubs don't get its not funny.

Last edited:
In another words.

TPJ for the millionth time says he is committed to Broncos and won't be going anywhere and Garry will spin that to make it sound like a new development.
Agree.
Means nothing until he signs on the dotted line.
Come on Tevita stop fucking about.

Last edited:
Are we paying any freight for Blair being at the warriors?

Really want to watch it, anyway to get the clip online? Do 7 upload to their website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.