Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=b9a3d07a4bd3ba74ecab82c13426f45f-1541374891

STORM skipper Cameron Smith is reportedly locked in a stand-off with the club over the terms of his contract extension.

Smith was a conspicuous absentee from the Storm’s 2019 squad list announced last week, with Melbourne reportedly yet to sign off on his third party deals, according to The Daily Telegraph.
Smith’s manager Isaac Moses is believed to be attempting to plump up Smith’s final rugby league contract with third party arrangements, but the Storm are refusing to budge.
Every ODI and T20I ad-break free during play only on FOX CRICKET this November. Get Sport HD + Entertainment with no lock in contract and no iQ4 set up costs. Get Foxtel Sport. T&C’s Apply
705809_640x360_large_20181105090251.jpg

New Munster deal close
0:30
The Storm have lost all-time greats Cooper Cronk to the Roosters in 2017 and Billy Slater to retirement in 2018, so Smith’s signature is vital.
The club can’t afford to lose someone of Smith’s stature and leadership, as the Storm aim to stay relevant in the post Cronk and Slater era.
It was reported Smith had agreed to a deal in principal as far back as September, but the fact he is still yet to sign is a concern for the Storm, with clubs already returning for the 2019 pre-season.
Storm CEO Dave Donaghy confirmed in October that he expected Smith to play on with the Storm in 2019.
“That is the plan, everyone’s been asking me the question,” Donaghy said.
“I never have been one to work towards other’s timelines.
“We’re in continued discussions and there’s nothing untoward around any of that so we expect to get that done at some point soon.”

Last edited:
Very. If you believe the rumour I started last week. Which is completely fabricated

Apparently, Siebold has already possibly told someone close to him he expects to be at Brisbane as early as tomorrow. One of the first things he will do is offload Bird and first act of business will be to announce Smith’s signature.

I’m so over Smith
Could not agree more, carries on like such an entitled twat.

Lockyer took pay cuts to stay at the Broncos because he was loyal and genuine, while this bloke holds his club, the same club he supposedly loves so dearly and owes everything to, to ransom.

I understand players have to look after themselves and make hay while the sun shines, but this bloke has always been about himself first, second and third.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but just give up the humble, selfless charade and be honest.

Could not agree more, carries on like such an entitled twat.

Lockyer took pay cuts to stay at the Broncos because he was loyal and genuine, while this bloke holds his club, the same club he supposedly loves so dearly and owes everything to, to ransom.

I understand players have to look after themselves and make hay while the sun shines, but this bloke has always been about himself first, second and third.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but just give up the humble, selfless charade and be honest.

The only reason Melbourne have had him his entire career is because they cheated to stave off competitors when he was in his peak so it works both ways. I wouldn't be feeling bad for Melbourne in this situation, they're a mercenary, cheating, grubby club that have been ruining the game since they crawled out from the shadows.

EDIT: and they'll return to the depths from whence they came if they should ever hit a rough few years. Their 'fan base' - which is comprised mostly of bandwagoners, including scum that don't even live in Melbourne but follow them because they're successful - will abandon them within a year if they're ever out of the eight and they'll have the lowest crowds in the NRL despite having a shiny stadium smack bang in the middle of Melbourne. I hate the Cowboys, but at least their supporters turn up when they're shit, same with Newcastle.

Last edited:
The only reason Melbourne have had him his entire career is because they cheated to stave off competitors when he was in his peak so it works both ways. I wouldn't be feeling bad for Melbourne in this situation, they're a mercenary, cheating, grubby club that have been ruining the game since they crawled out from the shadows.
I don’t feel sorry for Melbourne, not even remotely.
They’re a match made in heaven.

" Smith’s manager Isaac Moses is believed to be attempting to plump up Smith’s final rugby league contract with third party arrangements, but the Storm are refusing to budge ".

If they're club-guaranteed 3rd party deals, that's fine, though since they count towards the cap, I don't know what the point would be - it's not like the club can't afford it, so why not just pay him that amount in his contract?

If, however, like I often point out when I read these things, these are external 3rd party deals, it's absolutely nothing to do with the club. They can't be involved. They can't guarantee anything. Sure, they have to be declared to the salary cap auditor, so they'll normally be submitted with the contract for the auditor to sign off on, but there is zero in there that should slow down the negotiations between Smith/Moses and the club.

Why don’t him and JT do another wank fest game?
In brisbane, “but they were born in brisbane”. And sam thaiday and gorden tallis were born in townsville... What a ridiculous charade and cash grab that was....

Also just saw Konrad Hurrell walking out of McDonalds in a suit. So that obviously means he’s reneging on Leeds and signing with us

There are always the Roosters and Knights with black hole salary caps.

I know I sound like a broken record on the Roosters, but as I was scouring through zerotackle, I noticed the following:

Dylan Napa $700k
Cooper Cronk $1 million
Angus Crichton $1 million

That's just the ones they had listed. I had no idea Crichton was on so much. How???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Totally Unr3al
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.