Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I sound like a broken record on the Roosters, but as I was scouring through zerotackle, I noticed the following:

Dylan Napa $700k
Cooper Cronk $1 million
Angus Crichton $1 million

That's just the ones they had listed. I had no idea Crichton was on so much. How???
Does good - Roosters building - Sombrero Ouch!

Last edited:
I know I sound like a broken record on the Roosters, but as I was scouring through zerotackle, I noticed the following:

Dylan Napa $700k
Cooper Cronk $1 million
Angus Crichton $1 million

That's just the ones they had listed. I had no idea Crichton was on so much. How???
No way Crichton is on even close to a million. He was highly rated, but he's not mega star. I'd say 500-600k is closer to realistic. Sounds like they're pulling figures out of thin air.

No way Crichton is on even close to a million. He was highly rated, but he's not mega star. I'd say 500-600k is closer to realistic. Sounds like they're pulling figures out of thin air.
It was the three-year deal worth $2.7 million that blew away South Sydney. The Sydney Roosters paid an extra $600,000 over three seasons to lure star backrower Angus Crichton away from Redfern.
It is understood the Roosters will pay Crichton $1m for 2019 and then $850,000 a season for 2020 and 2021. The final figure comes to $2.7m.
South Sydney’s offer stood at $2.1m over three years. Even that was a stretch in the eyes of Souths management.
This is Dean Ritchie in The Australian.

I think you forget how hyped up he was after his 2017... which was a pretty amazing season btw.

The rumour mills had him signed by roosters at $800k

Napa should be watching his piss right about now at $700k or he could end up with it being full of coke

Chrichton's salary at the Roosters was reported to be absurdly high for ages now. He'd be on close to a mil for sure.

I've always thought Cam Smith was abit of a knob. I bumped into Him, Billy Slater and Cronk in Brisbane city at a 7/11 a few years back and Cronk and Slater were really nice and had a chat but Smith just like walked out of the store without really engaging at all.

I mean, on top of that personal experience, he obviously knew the club was over the cap all those years, and has constantly grabbed as much cash as possible. I remember how often players like JT and Lockyer would sit out of some of the test matches to let other players have a turn and get the big pay check. Smith has played all of them. From memory he hasn't sat out a single rep game. Then all the crap with the testimonial game, the crap now with the club for a 1 year deal. I just really don't like the bloke at all.

He is also the RLPA president or whatever which is a joke, has been a strong advocate for more money but playing less games, and not allowing trade windows. He's honestly been dictating the NRL from the top down. I mean he does have the 'reff boss' stigma about him too...

I also think the way he ditched QLD this year was pathetic. Left it until 2 weeks before the first game and in a year where JT and Cronk had already retired. Was just really shit. I think Freddy or one of the NSW old boys said he pulled out because he knew the dynasty was dead and he didnt want to tarnish his record. I couldn't agree more with this. He is a great player, but he has played with two of the greatest halves of all time in JT and Lockyer at rep level, one of, if not the best fullback of all time in Slater for his whole career, and a very very very good halfback in cooper cronk.

Last edited by a moderator:
He already knew that Cronk and Thurston were gone for this year, so I don't think it was a case of the dynasty being dead. Not to mention, with him there I think there's a better than even chance that we win this year. There was obviously, IMO, a very clear plan for these key players to drop out over a period of time so the ripple effect would be minimal. The pulling out 2 weeks before the teams were named speaks to something far more sudden IMO. There's many rumours about why he pulled out of the rep arena, mostly focused around his personal life and I tend to believe those.

Last edited:
Little concerning that we have heard nothing in regards to TPJ, Lodge and Oates

Upload 2018 11 11 18 27 49
Pangai is setting himself up if he in fact doesn’t stay after next season because he chooses not to

Last edited:
Little concerning that we have heard nothing in regards to TPJ, Lodge and Oates

IIRC, TPJ is still on holidays.

As for the others, in situations like this the Broncos do like to announce all signings at once so it's highly likely that's exactly what they are doing. They are waiting until they have all of the signatures before they announce it.

There is no need to be concerned. None of them are going.

Probably waiting for the coach swap tbh and have a mega announcement day :p

Shaun Johnson just more or less confirmed that 2019 will be his last at the Warriors and he's open to offers for 2020.

Make it happen!

Shaun Johnson just more or less confirmed that 2019 will be his last at the Warriors and he's open to offers for 2020.

Make it happen!

To similar to what we have, plus he hasn't won shit so not much experience comes with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  • Spike
  • Rowdy124
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.