Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they claim last year that Cronk was on massive unders, something like $600k?

yep ... but when they are negotiating with TPJ, watch that figure magically change to $1 million

yep ... but when they are negotiating with TPJ, watch that figure magically change to $1 million

Nope, that figure only comes close to a mil if it’s any other team. Rosters can sign million dollar players for 600k

Last edited:
Nope, that figure only comes close to a mil if it’s any other team. Rosters can sign million dollar players for 600k

what i mean is ... they claim they signed Cronk for 600k, but watch how him leaving gives them $1 million to negotiate with

what i mean is ... they claim they signed Cronk for 600k, but watch how him leaving gives them $1 million to negotiate with
Just like how Fegurson was on a cut-price good behaviour contract, but when he leaves they're able to afford Morris, Hall and a $1m Crichton.

When's the last time we got outbid on a player we were desperate to keep?

Depends on how you define desperate. We wanted to keep Hunt but the Dragons were throwing ridiculous money at him, $5M for 4 years or $6M for 5 or something like that.

Hard to say deseratee, if the club wanted you to stay but you left for more money than I believe that counts

Ash Taylor, keep no - bring back yes
Jai Arrow
Wallace

Lachlan Maranta :coleman:

Theses are more recent players

How high should we bid on TPJ? The Chris Garry video from yesterday said something about $1M needed to lure him away. I wouldn't go anywhere near that high to be honest. TPJ is a gun, but we need a balanced squad.

Last edited:
If Ofahengaue is after $500K id say TPJ will be after $750K minimum.

If Ofahengaue is after $500K id say TPJ will be after $750K minimum.

TPJ has to make his level of performance against the cowboys a regular thing if he wants huge money. I think a lot of people are getting carried away by his performance last week. I still think right now, with his injury history, he is a bit of a risk. Joffa isnt, you know what you will get most weeks and he is rarely injured or suspended.

700 + TPA is more than reasonable for TPJ.

We also have to remember how much got thrown at Haas. Any senior player would be looking at that and thinking they are due a raise. We've put a lot of eggs into that basket for a kid that has played a couple of games.....Haas been suspended for more games (first grade) than he's played, i wonder how many times that has happened lol.

I really hope he works out and proves to be worth it.

Is TPJ captaincy material? I wonder if that is something we can dangle in front of him....Boyd is a the end of his career, I imagine Glenn or Macca is next in line based on experience. No one else looks to be putting their hand up from what I can tell. Maybe Bird in a year or two? He seems like a confident, lead from the front type character now that he's fit.

I'm not super confident we'll keep TPJ, he doesn't come across as overly loyal based on nothing but my observations, and nor should he be these days. He wouldn't sign a long term contract to begin with after we gave him a shot in first grade. He decided to give up origin for country and has now changed his mind and wants to play origin. I could see him chasing a bigger contract elsewhere.....which he is totally entitled to do.

A story is out on CM that Ryley Jacks was offered a two year contract by the Broncos recruitment chiefs and was on the table for 2 weeks. He was about to sign until Bennett intervened and scrapped the deal saying he wasn't the answer at halfback for the Broncos.

A story is out on CM that Ryley Jacks was offered a two year contract by the Broncos recruitment chiefs and was on the table for 2 weeks. He was about to sign until Bennett intervened and scrapped the deal saying he wasn't the answer at halfback for the Broncos.

I'd agree there, i dont think he would be the answer.

Yeah, Jacks is probably not quite NRL standard.

Yeah but Wayne thought Kodi was the go.

He isnt a bad player, bit of a poor mans Blake Green for me.

I dunno, I just don't see him as a full time NRL standard half anywhere. He looked OK at the Storm, but he was surrounded by 3 others stars in Slater, Smith and Munster, and mediocre players always look better there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • mystico
  • FACTHUNT
  • ettybay
  • Shane Tronc
  • kiwibronco
  • sooticus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.