Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
We need to, but we have to be smart. We are going to have so many players looking for big money we are going to lose some.
Yeah but 4yrs @ $400-500k is probably where he's up to at the moment... really the Broncos should've locked him up last year before he made his mark on first grade.

The vultures will start circling very soon

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'd argue that these are the priorities:

2. Oates
6. Milford
8. Lodge
11. Su'A
12. Fifita (Biggest priority of all)

15. Flegler
18. Carrigan

19. Dearden

Everyone else is nice to have but these are the guys you can build your side around.

This is also not taking into account Haas and Isaako who are already locked up on long-term deals.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
No, he was re-signed at the end of 2017, after he had already returned to his less than average usual performances (2010 and 2016 being the exceptions).
I couldn't believe they extended his contract by 4 years when he was already 30, especially at that ridiculous salary.

It was a move that had Bennett vanity written all over it, and one of the admittedly few reasons I wasn't as upset to see the back of him as I thought I'd be.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I would've thought discretion comes into it at some point. Right now TPJ deserves Haas money a **** tonne more and yet that isn't what the situation is. Right now he deserves Boyd's money a **** tonne more, yet that isn't the situation. What the situation really is, is a history of disgusting **** ups in recruitment and retention that stretches back as far as Inglis and Folau. And frankly I am well past fed up with it.

TPJ is as big a liability as Boyd with his hamstrings in many ways. I dont see what makes Pangai Jnr up there with the best forwards in the game. On his day he is, but he is nowhere near consistent enough to put him in that bracket yet imo. Like i said before, he is miles behind Taumalolo ( who he is compared to a lot ), who at a similar age was far more consistent. For Pangai to earn the big dollars and a long contract, he needs to stay injury free and start giving us quality, consistent displays every week.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
TPJ is as big a liability as Boyd with his hamstrings in many ways. I dont see what makes Pangai Jnr up there with the best forwards in the game. On his day he is, but he is nowhere near consistent enough to put him in that bracket yet imo. Like i said before, he is miles behind Taumalolo ( who he is compared to a lot ), who at a similar age was far more consistent. For Pangai to earn the big dollars and a long contract, he needs to stay injury free and start giving us quality, consistent displays every week.

Yep, sure, now watch him do just that in Roosters colours, while we are forced to sit back and watch plods like Boyd, Nikorima and McCullough get a run.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I'd argue that these are the priorities:

2. Oates
6. Milford
8. Lodge
11. Su'A
12. Fifita (Biggest priority of all)

15. Flegler
18. Carrigan

19. Dearden

Everyone else is nice to have but these are the guys you can build your side around.

This is also not taking into account Haas and Isaako who are already locked up on long-term deals.
Sua and Carrigan pretty well locked up now as well... maybe also Deardon

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Yep, sure, now watch him do just that in Roosters colours, while we are forced to sit back and watch plods like Boyd, Nikorima and McCullough get a run.

What makes you think he will suddenly stop getting hamstring issues? Its been ongoing for a few years now.

If he can get bigger money at the rorters, good luck to him. He may prove worth it down the track. There is no doubt about his talent, i just wouldnt pay it right now and right at this moment in time i dont think he is worth it. We just cant keep every single player on big money based on what might be. Fifita seems much less of a goose than TPJ and doesnt need to have people constantly in his ear about staying off social media and keeping his ego in check so thats who i'd prioritise.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
What makes you think he will suddenly stop getting hamstring issues? Its been ongoing for a few years now.

If he can get bigger money at the rorters, good luck to him. He may prove worth it down the track. There is no doubt about his talent, i just wouldnt pay it right now and right at this moment in time i dont think he is worth it. We just cant keep every single player on big money based on what might be. Fifita seems much less of a goose than TPJ and doesnt need to have people constantly in his ear about staying off social media and keeping his ego in check so thats who i'd prioritise.

I can't believe I have to run with this again so soon, but I will: A team full of good blokes doesn't win premierships.

Last edited:
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I can't believe I have to run with this again so soon, but I will: A team full of good blokes doesn't win premierships.

A team full of injury prone idiots doesnt either. And there is a difference between having a ruthless, Nasty streak on the field ( Slater and Smith spring to mind ) and some of the quite frankly embarrassing rubbish you have seen from TPJ both on the field and in social media. Being told all the time to pull your head in isnt great.

Last edited:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
A team full of injury prone idiots doesnt either.

You're only arguing that now because the TPJ to Rorters rumor is gaining legs. Where was this opinion last week after TPJ single handedly demolished the Cows?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
You're only arguing that now because the TPJ to Rorters rumor is gaining legs. Where was this opinion last week after TPJ single handedly demolished the Cows?

What a crock of shit. Go back and look at what i wrote on here after that performance. I said he played well, and as i said at the time, he did exactly the same against them last year. I'm smart enough however not to judge players based on one performance. I said exactly the same last week as i'm saying now, he needs to consistently perform close to that level most weeks to put himself up there with the best in the game in his position. The Dragons game is a perfect example of why he isnt there yet. He didnt play badly, but his intensity, defence and discipline wasn't anywhere near his Cowboys performance.

K

KickHaas

NYC Player
Jul 21, 2017
wow, best read for me for a while.... the to an fro with legitimate points on either side has been a great discussion...thanks guys!

M

MrTickyM

QCup Player
Oct 3, 2015
What’s everyone’s thoughts on signing Junior Paulo? Would love to have Fifita, Pangai, Junior in our forward pack.

K

KickHaas

NYC Player
Jul 21, 2017
got enough quality forwards...lets try train and retain them....hopefully they can keep out of trouble :p

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
What’s everyone’s thoughts on signing Junior Paulo? Would love to have Fifita, Pangai, Junior in our forward pack.

Nope. We're well stocked in the front row. We need a halfback and a hooker. All other concerns are secondary.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Appears as thought it was too subtle. Was a Tevita Pangai Junior pun.

tenor.gif

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
True but I'd be making sure Fifita is locked down.

Edge back rowers are very important cogs in a team nowadays and having Sua and Fifita lined up for the next decade looks good business
It’s not good business when our best edge backrower is playing lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Santa
  • The Strapper
  • Culhwch
  • Financeguy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bish
  • broncsgoat
  • bb_gun
  • mystico
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.