Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The roosters definitely have.
Not having a shot but care to elaborate?
IMO they have been a top team along with Melbourne for the last decade and haven’t really slumped.

Nah we need Ponga. Ponga is the one you throw the full kitchen sink at. Mitchell is only a centre nothing more.

I would love Ponga. He is the calibre of player we need to be chasing. Unfortunately the timing of when he comes off contract is not really good for us. Unless Boyd plays out his contract.....God help us if he does.

Well I say, don't give up on Isaako. He will get better and better as he matures. Only my opinion but I see a time where he's one of our finest closer in to the action.
I hope you're right because I really like him and really like his attitude. I actually get the same feeling you have but his form drop is so bad that it is looking possible that last year was more the flash in the pan and this year is closer to what he will produce. He hasn't had any good moments at all this year.

On a slightly unrelated topic but not really...are the contracts of players who have their contracts terminated for disciplinary reasons exempt from the salary cap?
Yeah if a player is terminated, they aren't paid, so it doesn't count in the cap. Obviously if he is on $500k, that would free up about $200k in the cap for this year. I believe the cap is based of November 1 - November 1 salaries.

I hope you're right because I really like him and really like his attitude. I actually get the same feeling you have but his form drop is so bad that it is looking possible that last year was more the flash in the pan and this year is closer to what he will produce. He hasn't had any good moments at all this year.
Mmm, well I can't totally agree that he hasn't had any good moments this year and sometimes they get missed in the flurry of activity. He's had a form drop right enough but form comes and goes, class endures and I think he's got plenty of that. I have a feeling he'll have a breakout year sometime in 2020 or 21. If he stays injury free in the lower limbs I cannot help seeing him go from strength to strength.

I would have three bad seasons for 2 premierships and 4 Minor premierships
Also one of those they had Pearce suspended and a lot of injuries.

I have a lot of respect for Trent Robinson. He saw he wouldn't win a comp again with Pearce, so sacks a 200+ game one club player / prodigal son and brings in a 33 year old on a 2 year deal to win a comp and teach the youth. Wins comp first year, and Keary is about 100 times the player.

I know Cronk was always going to end up in Sydney for his partner etc. But god that's smart play by Trent. If only we had forsight to do things like that instead of sink our cap into boyd.

If we could get Ponga or Mitchell for fullback, I'd be over the moon either way.
Ponga is my choice and there's something about LM that makes me think of Mundine and NO, it's not the indigenous thing. Ponga makes me think of Lockyer. No rational explanation for either.

On a side note, do you think Boyd attracts any third party at all? because I bet he doesn't... No social media presence, virtually no marketability, and most people want him to retire... Meaning, we are fronting probably the entire salary on the cap... ****

Ponga is my choice and there's something about LM that makes me think of Mundine and NO, it's not the indigenous thing. Ponga makes me think of Lockyer. No rational explanation for either.
We will never get Ponga. He will be at the Knights until he retires, or until he goes to Union.

Yeah if a player is terminated, they aren't paid, so it doesn't count in the cap. Obviously if he is on $500k, that would free up about $200k in the cap for this year. I believe the cap is based of November 1 - November 1 salaries.
He will be terminated after his next indescretion I feel sure. I cannot see him lasting beyond this season.

Not having a shot but care to elaborate?
IMO they have been a top team along with Melbourne for the last decade and haven’t really slumped.

They finished second last like 3 years ago

They finished second last like 3 years ago
That was the year they had their playmaker suspended for like 1/3 of the season, had several bad injuries. They also made the wrong choice Re Dale Copley, Jackson Hastings and Jayden Nikorima which really hurt them.

Also, they came second in 2015 (regular season, lost to us in GF Qualifier). And came second again in 2017.

We didn't come second last year, and we are looking good for second last this year...

Yeah, apparently we are 'rebuilding' 13 years after our last premiership... FUCKK
That’s exactly the point mate... we were the Melbourne storm and roosters of the last decade but now we have lost our aura.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • winslow_wong
  • OnToSomething
  • broncsgoat
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Reds2011
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosarethebest
  • davidp
  • Gaz
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
  • Aldo
  • maddo
  • LGH
  • simplythebest
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.